Act a Fool

by Meghann on November 18, 2014

Check it out – I’m in a magazine!

10686936_729237163818864_301384572449360923_n

It’s always a fun surprise to see your mug in an issue of Runner’s World. I had no clue this was coming out and about died laughing when someone shared it with me via Twitter last week. I mean, how ridiculous is this photo?

10734093_10105314627296143_2926112287438003885_n

Turns out the head honcho for Best Damn Race had submitted a handful of photos for the article a couple of months ago and the editor picked mine. I guess acting like a goof at the finish line has it perks? Noted.

I’ll have to remember that for future finish line photos. Clearly my usual pause-the-Garmin stance doesn’t have quite the same marketable appeal.

SpaceCoast5

(Double chin not included)

Nor does the run-like-a-crazy-lady look you’ll find in the majority of my on-course photos.

manyfacesofarunner

This shot from last year’s Wine and Dine Half Marathon is a particular favorite.

Screen shot 2013-11-10 at 10.14.17 PM

Run like nobody is watching… except for when there’s a race photographer, then run like a fool.

Screen shot 2011-11-07 at 8.33.42 AM

In other news, it’s supposed to dip into the 30s tonight and every Floridian has started freaking out. I love it. I also love the fact that it will be back in the 80s by the weekend, but that’s Florida for you.

runhappy instagram

Our two days of “below normal temperatures” (ha!) is a good excuse to breakout the long sleeves (I wore my favorite Brooks Essential Run Jacket on my run this morning) and make soup.

20141118_194314

You can’t go wrong with soup. It’s my favorite “quick” meal because you can basically put any-and-everything in the bowl and it will be great. Tonight’s concoction included leftover turkey, potatoes, parsnips, carrots, onion, fresh dill, garlic, chicken broth, and cream.

20141118_194317

Just what the weather ordered.

Time to cuddle up in some flannel pajamas. Good night!

1 Jenny November 18, 2014 at 9:41 pm

My fav post yet!!

2 Shannon November 18, 2014 at 11:10 pm

haha it was 10* when I drove to work this morning with a RealFeel of -6*. Hope you’re enjoying your 30s 🙂

3 Katherine November 19, 2014 at 12:07 am

What a fun surprise. Congratulations!
Katherine recently posted..Vacherin Mont d’Or

4 Mary November 19, 2014 at 3:10 am

What a fab race finishing photo! I always mean to throw my arms above my head and kinda pound the air, but it never looks quite like it should when the photos come through!
Mary recently posted..Another Wootton cross-country

5 Ash Bear November 19, 2014 at 3:21 am

Bring the flannel pajamas and cool weather running gear for next week! 🙂 You can help me get back into the hang of morning runs!
Ash Bear recently posted..Gift Guide for People Who Love to Cook

6 Linda @ TheFitty November 19, 2014 at 6:26 am

You made it I to a. magazine, you must be famous! 😉
Linda @ TheFitty recently posted..TARA STILES LIKED ME + A 10K Recap

7 Molly Rose November 19, 2014 at 7:47 am

haha! Did you buy a ton of copies and force every relative to frame that page of RW? Because that’s exactly what I would do. So awesome!!

Your other race photos crack me up, but girl I can show you up. Mine are so incredibly ugly! I carry my head really weird (which I should take serious note of, considering I’m probably hurting my neck when I run) so every photo looks like I need medical attention. I will never make it in a mag.
Molly Rose recently posted..Liebster Award

8 Rebecca @ Strength and Sunshine November 19, 2014 at 7:51 am

Haha, that is awesome! Frame it!
Rebecca @ Strength and Sunshine recently posted..Chocolate Pumpkin Pancakes

9 Lindsey @ Simply Lindsey November 19, 2014 at 7:54 am

Those race photos are too funny! It’s also been really chilly here in Charlotte, so I busted out the crock pot and made soup too! 🙂
Lindsey @ Simply Lindsey recently posted..10 Ways To Show Your Husband You Care

10 Sabrina November 19, 2014 at 7:57 am

That really is a great photo to be in a magazine!
This cold snap is also the reason I am wearing closed toed shoes instead of sandals!
Sabrina recently posted..Migraines: Part II {and my weight}

11 Sarah November 19, 2014 at 9:17 am

Your race pictures are so cute! I always look like I want to kill someone or I am 200 pounds overweight. Your soup looks amazing! I don’t care what anyone says, it is freeeeezing (well for Florida…) and I just want all the soup.

12 Emily @ Sweet Summer Smiels November 19, 2014 at 10:02 am

You are so funny! I did enjoy all of your race pics though! 🙂 So you really had no idea that you were going to be in Runner’s World? That’s such a cool surprise! I live in Orlando and I loving the cold weather too!
Emily @ Sweet Summer Smiels recently posted..Lake Tahoe

13 Lizzie @ The Magic Tree November 19, 2014 at 10:39 am

Haha your pics are awesome! I can’t imagine anyone takes a “good” race photo.
Lizzie @ The Magic Tree recently posted..Breakfast for Dinner

14 Courtney November 19, 2014 at 11:52 am

LOL I love that Wine and Dine photo! But I think my bad race photos make yours look like glamour shots.
That Brooks jacket is really cute! I’d kill for Florida weather. I’m not sure if MO will see over 40 degrees until Spring 🙁
Courtney recently posted..Des Moines Marathon 2014 Race Recap

15 Jennifer Olszowy November 19, 2014 at 4:00 pm

I just saw your picture last night. I turned to my husband and said “I read her blog. ” So cool!

16 Emily November 19, 2014 at 6:57 pm

That’s a great race photo! I’ve never had a good one. Even if I’m smiling, I still always look like I’m shuffling along, dying.

Mmm, soup! It’s finally raining here in SF, so that sounds like the right kind of dinner tonight 🙂
Emily recently posted..Bacon, SF Fog, and Hanging In There

17 Karen November 19, 2014 at 8:25 pm

OMG… I saw that in Runner’s World and thought… “That”s Meghan” from my favorite blog! Awesome pic!!
Karen recently posted..Light Up Your Run

18 Elisabeth November 20, 2014 at 7:15 pm

Enjoy those 30s… It was in the teens with a real feel of -12 when I went to work yesterday morning here in Columbus. 😉

19 Katie November 21, 2014 at 12:13 pm

That’s actually a really cute pic!

20 Tricia November 25, 2014 at 8:16 pm

The weather on Florida is crazy! I was there for Disney Marathon weekend in January and it was like we went through all 4 seasons in the week I was there! It was insane!
Tricia recently posted..Green Lake Gobble Volunteering & 5k Race Recap