November’s Stitch Fix

by Meghann on November 12, 2014

Say hello to this month’s Stitch Fix, friends.

20141102_141333

Hello, lovelies. It’s so nice to see you.

In case you need a little Stitch Fix refresher, check out THIS POST with details on how the service works.

For this month’s fix, I asked my stylist to send some “warm and cozy” items that would work for my upcoming trip to Switzerland. I’ve been eyeing the chunky sweaters and cardigans other bloggers have recently received in their fixes and was hoping for something similar. Since I live in Florida, my fixes tend to include items dedicated more for the warmer climate, so I thought it would be fun to change it up.

Market and Spruce: Fierro Elbow Patch Crew Neck Sweater

20141102_141539

I loved the detail of the pink elbow patch on this sweater, however, the rest of the sweater didn’t blow me away. The fit of the sweater was only so-so and once you remove the detail of the pink elbow patches, it’s just a boring blue sweater. I was still tempted to keep it – and even went as far as trying to style it for work the next morning – but I quickly realized this top wasn’t meant to be when I hated every way I tried to style it.

20141102_141608

RETURN

41Hawthorn: Queensland Dolman Jersey Top

20141102_141849

This top screams fall to me. I love the burnt orange color and how soft the fabric is. It’s a really comfortable, cozy top. It’s also great for lounging around the house, or traveling comfortably in. I’m really into longer tunic tops recently, so this fits right in.

KEEP

Market and Spruce: Xander Short Sleeve Woven Back Sweatshirt

20141102_142052

Another top where the pink detail instantly grabbed my attention. I love the back of this top, however, I’m not sure how much I loved the front. The juxtaposition of the sheer pink back and gray sweatshirt front just didn’t work me. I also wasn’t crazy about the fit or how it looked on me.

20141102_142128

RETURN

Pixley: Evo Multi-Stripe Knit Henley Top

20141102_142238

I hated this top before I even put it on. The mix of the stripes and the cut of the shirt is just not flattering on my body type. I felt like I instantly gained 10 pounds when I put it on and knew I would never wear the shirt in public.

RETURN

Mystree: Max Knit Herringbone Asymmetrical Zip Jacket

20141102_142433

Now THIS was what I was hoping for when I asked for “warm and cozy” pieces for my trip to Switzerland. The casual jacket is very comfortable and will be a great piece to travel with. It pairs nicely with leggings and jeans.

KEEP

So that’s 2/5 for the KEEP pile. Not bad.  Next month I asked for more chunky sweaters and cardigans, so I can’t wait to see what that fix will include.

What do you think? What would you have kept and what would you have returned?

1 Mrs. Swan November 12, 2014 at 9:55 pm

I wanted to like the henley because it is colorful but I agree the cut is not flattering on your body type.

I do like the jacket on you. 🙂
Mrs. Swan recently posted..Disney Wine & Dine Half Marathon Recap from a volunteer. (long)

2 Mrs. Swan November 12, 2014 at 10:00 pm

BTW Just to let you know you can comment but you cannot read other comments on your blog. It has been this way for a few weeks now that I know of. No matter if you comment or not you cannot read the other comments at all. It shows the # of comments but if you click it there is just nothing there. Not sure if you knew but I wanted to let you know if you didn’t.

3 Meghann November 17, 2014 at 8:13 pm

I know, I’ve tried to fix it, but I think it’s a bug with the latest Wordpress update. You can see them when you look at the mobile version on your phone. 🙁

4 Christie of The butterfly Editions November 12, 2014 at 11:33 pm

Love that Herringbone jacket on you, its such a great style! Thats so exciting about your upcoming trip to Switzerland, I’d love to go there! Can’t wait to read all about it 🙂
Christie of The butterfly Editions recently posted..Exploring the Historical Port of Malacca, Malaysia

5 Kay November 13, 2014 at 3:32 am

Love your fix. The moto jacket is so cute on you, but it always looks wonky on me.

Switzerland sounds exciting, it’s fun to get to shop for it before you go!
Kay recently posted..What I ate Wednesday

6 Lindsey @ Simply Lindsey November 13, 2014 at 7:09 am

I LOVE the jersey top!! The material looks so comfortable and I absolutely love that color!
Lindsey @ Simply Lindsey recently posted..Lately

7 Carrie (This Fit Chick) November 13, 2014 at 8:17 am

I like the grey top with that funky back! and I love the first shirt on you- very cute and comfy!
Carrie (This Fit Chick) recently posted..5 Nutrition Tools You Should be Using

8 Sara November 13, 2014 at 11:07 am

The dolman top looks great on you!

9 Anne November 14, 2014 at 12:47 am

I think I would have made the same choices that you did, including trying to make that pink and blue sweater work. Those are my colors!!

10 Ashley Jordan November 14, 2014 at 10:15 am

I totally agree about returning the striped shirt. Looks identical to something Old Navy would sell, but probably five times as expensive. Related, I’d love to see the price of your Stitch Fix pieces. I feel like that’s factored into the decision of how “cute” something is : )

11 Melissa November 14, 2014 at 10:21 am

🙁 I feel bad saying this but I don’t care for any of these (especially that striped henley top – it’s kinda ugly!) But the best of the bunch is that jacket — it looks super cozy and comfy and WARM! Perfect for Switzerland!

REALLY looking forward to your Switzerland posts – you are going to have an absolute blast! That’s somewhere I’ve always wanted to go.
Melissa recently posted..Photo Friday: M&Ms Wall at Dylan’s Candy Bar New York

12 Chelsea @ Designs on Dinner November 14, 2014 at 2:49 pm

I actually really loved the henley top! Ha ha. The asymmetrical zip jacket is really cute, though.
Chelsea @ Designs on Dinner recently posted..Ready for the Holidays

13 AndreaClaire November 14, 2014 at 3:12 pm

I love that jacket! If I hadn’t just bought two new jackets in the last month, I would be searching that one out.

Also looking forward to reading about Switzerland. It’s my old stomping grounds (I lived in Sigriswl/Thun) and I always enjoy hearing other people’s perspecitive on the country 🙂

14 Kari November 15, 2014 at 1:06 pm

This has nothing to do with StichFix (which I love) but did you see yourself in Runners World magazine???

15 Meghann November 17, 2014 at 8:10 pm

Ha! Yes, it was a fun surprise last week. That’s what you get for making a fool of yourself at the finish line.

16 Julie @ RDelicious Kitchen November 15, 2014 at 7:13 pm

LOVE the patches on that sweater! So cute. I am thinking about trying stitch fix, but I am on a tight budget and a little worries about everything being expensive