Day in the Life: 11/5/14

by Meghann on November 6, 2014

5:40am: Alarm goes off. Maddie gets up and starts licking my face. Press snooze and roll over. 5 more minutes, I’ll be ready in 5 more minutes.

5:45am: Second alarm goes off. After settling back into her spot, Maddie jumps back up and reminds me that it’s time to get up.

5:50am: Let Maddie outside and wait while she does her business. Despite having a fenced-in backyard that gives her the ability to roam free on her own, she refuses to stay outside without one of us out there. If I head back inside, then she goes inside, too. I check my email and social media accounts while Maddie checks out the backyard and make sure nothing has changed since she was last out 8 hours prior.

5:55am: Change into workout clothes and get ready for today’s workout.

6:00am: Pull out the iPad and comb through FitnessBlender’s YouTube Channel. I’ve really been enjoying their online workouts lately – they have a lot of full length HIIT workouts that always work-up a sweat. I settle on their HIIT Cardio Workout for this morning’s workout.

20141105_062302

6:35am: Take Maddie for a mile walk around the neighborhood. It’s a great cool-down for me and a way to burn off some energy for her.

20141105_063231

6:55am: Scrub a dub dub – shower time.

7:15am: My favorite part of the morning, Derek isn’t awake yet so I have the kitchen and living room to myself. I watch Gilmore Girls (currently on season 5) while making coffee and breakfast.

20141105_070902

7:25am: Chow down on a toasted frozen waffle with pumpkin butter, grapes, and two scrambled eggs with feta cheese and spinach.

20141105_071410

7:35am: Feed Maddie.

7:40am: Blow dry hair and finish getting ready for the day

7:55am: Share photo of new shirt on Instagram because cute new shirts are worth sharing. 😉

white plum shirt

8:00am: Finish packing lunch and head to work.  I’m currently listening to the latest Shopaholic book on audiobook – it makes the commute a little more enjoyable.

8:45am: Arrive at office parking lot. Head to desk and begin work tasks for the day.

9:30am: Offsite meetings with the boss. Offsite meetings always make the days go a little fast, especially when they involve a Starbucks run.

11:30am: Return to the office starving. Have a handful of trail mix from the snack drawer to tide me over.

12:30pm: Today’s lunch is a little random, but it does the job. A lot of my packed lunches are random finds from the kitchen, there’s really no method to it.

20141105_125020

1:00pm: Back to work.

5:00pm: Snack on some apple slices after a long afternoon of meetings.

20141105_173910

6:15pm: Leave the office. Cross my fingers that leaving later will help dodge traffic – it doesn’t.

6:25pm: Stop at post office and mail StitchFix return envelope (I’ll post this month’s Fix soon!)

20141105_181852

7:00pm: Make it home. Check the mail and let Maddie out.

7:30pm: Make turkey meatloaves and fried green tomatoes for dinner (the cornbread was leftover from Sunday night). Try desperately to take a decent photo before giving up and eating.

20141105_194334

8:00pm: Do a load of dishes and fold laundry while watching Gilmore Girls (have I mentioned I’m obsessed yet?)

20141105_202304

Maddie helped.

9:00pm: Serve myself a small bowl of pumpkin ice cream.

20141105_204243

9:30pm: Sit on the couch to watch the Daily Show with Derek. Repeatedly tell him I’m not asleep when he teases me about my eyes shutting.

10:15pm: Wake up with a sore arm from falling asleep on the couch. Darn, I didn’t mean to fall asleep.

10:20pm: Brush my teeth and get ready for bed.

10:25pm:  Crawl into bed and fall asleep before Derek finishes telling me “Good night”

1 Lizzie @ The Magic Tree November 6, 2014 at 9:26 pm

Just reading about your day makes me tired…and want some pumpkin ice cream 🙂

2 Brie @ Lean, Clean, & Brie November 6, 2014 at 9:35 pm

Pumpkin pie ice cream?! Sounds delish!!
Brie @ Lean, Clean, & Brie recently posted..Baked Sweet Potato Chips

3 Jojo @ Run Fast Eat Lots November 6, 2014 at 11:05 pm

Love these day in the life posts 🙂 Haha I hate it when I’m struggling to stay awake when watching TV.
Jojo @ Run Fast Eat Lots recently posted..Catching Up Part 5: Search & Rescue

4 Katie @ Live Half Full November 6, 2014 at 11:30 pm

I love these posts, thanks for sharing your day!
Katie @ Live Half Full recently posted..Nightwood Chicago

5 Linda @ TheFitty November 7, 2014 at 6:55 am

You’re a morning worker outter! 🙂
Linda @ TheFitty recently posted..My Superb Paleo/Keto Lunches- Life In Pictures #10 + WIAW #9

6 Jackie November 7, 2014 at 7:49 am

I love FitnessBlender, too! I’m currently on their (latest) 8-week workout program. So fun!

7 Rebecca @ Strength and Sunshine November 7, 2014 at 8:44 am

Ah! I have that TJ’s coffee but I still haven’t brewed any! I’m guessing it’s good though? 😉
Rebecca @ Strength and Sunshine recently posted..Friday Finisher 11/7/14

8 Sandy W. November 7, 2014 at 9:28 am

I am loving the Gilmore Girls. I am on season 3. I would be further but my ten year old son insists that I watch it with him.
Sandy W. recently posted..And The Winner Is…

9 Jessica November 7, 2014 at 9:32 am

I don’t know if its just me but I can’t see the comments on your blog anymore. For example, I see that there are 4, but even after I leave one I can’t see them. Just giving ya a heads up 🙂

10 Carrie (This Fit Chick) November 7, 2014 at 10:31 am

Lots of pumpkin today! Tis the season! hehe

11 PeachyLau November 7, 2014 at 2:24 pm

I love these articles of yours! I’ve never heard of pumpkin ice-cream before!
PeachyLau recently posted..Top tips from a Personal Trainer: Mike from Bubalu Bristol

12 Katrina November 7, 2014 at 3:40 pm

You enjoy getting up early and having time in the mornings, don’t cha? 🙂 I do too! Thought I don’t have time to watch tv in the morning, I would if I had a little extra time!

13 Alisha @ Real Girl Running November 7, 2014 at 5:55 pm

That sounds remarkably like my day! Except I am up an hour earlier, fall asleep an hour earlier, and go for a stroll with Angus and Gareth after work. I love the thought that another girl on the other side of the world lives a life a lot like mine 🙂
Alisha @ Real Girl Running recently posted..Sharing is Caring: Books and What’s On!

14 Kristy November 7, 2014 at 9:24 pm

I love that you use fitness blender! I went to school with one of the founders and the website is pretty amazing! Glad to see their web presence has reached alllll the way down in Florida!!

15 Molly Rose November 7, 2014 at 11:36 pm

Gilmore Girls!!! Brings me back to my high school days. My mom and I loved watching them together and we own all the seasons. Definitely a show you need to watch “on your time”… aint no man wants to sit and watch that lol.

My lunches are always random things found in the kitch, too!
Molly Rose recently posted..Halloween Halfathon Recap

16 Kelly November 8, 2014 at 7:46 am

Where did you find your sweater? I love it!

17 Meghann November 17, 2014 at 8:18 pm
18 M November 10, 2014 at 10:01 am

I just started watching Gilmore Girls on Netflix! I’ve never seen the show before (I know, I know) and I really like it. But I’m only on Season 1, Episode 3 right now, so I’m a bitttttt behind you!
M recently posted..Photo Friday: Santa Cruz Boardwalk – A New Perspective