Weekend with Owen

by Meghann on October 26, 2014

Owen, my love!

awesomelikemyaunt

How is this kid over two months old already? Slow down time, slow down.

I had the pleasure of spending the weekend with my favorite little man (and his amazing mom, of course). Even though he’s only a short 2.5 hour drive away, that’s still too far. I miss my sister and I miss my Owen. I don’t know how long distance aunts survived before Facetime.

I headed to the east coast after work on Friday night and woke up Saturday morning to a gummy, happy smile. Kelly, Owen, and I went for an easy 3 mile run and I got to experience what it’s like to run with a jogging stroller – not for the faint of heart. Owen napped while Kelly and I played catch up and I tried to convince her to come to Tampa to run some upcoming half marathons (I think I almost have her convinced 😉 ).

20141025_091700

This kid!

10731768_776737682387965_1630419627_n

After a couple of showers and diaper changes (I changed 3 diapers this weekend, that puts my official lifetime total to 4), we headed to our cousin’s Star Wars themed baby shower.

20141025_132403

My other cousins did an amazing job organizing Katrin’s baby shower. Katrin is due in December with a little boy and has a healthy obsession with Star Wars (an obsession she married into). The food buffet was particularly adorable, with great little touches that I’m sure any Star Wars fan would appreciate.

20141025_132406

20141025_132414 20141025_132417 20141025_132430

Pretty adorable, right? Delicious as well. You can’t go wrong with Key Lime “Greedo Shot First” shots. 😉

There was also an arts and craft station, where guests were encouraged to design bibs and onesies for the little one. We got pretty creative with the onesies and left notes on diapers for when mom and dad need a laugh during those 2:00am diaper changes.

20141025_142242

I think Baby A will look pretty dapper in my creations.

20141025_145643

Speaking of looking dapper, how adorable is Owen’s outfit?

10727764_292400767625388_253860844_n

Is there anything cuter than a baby in a collared button down? I think not. It’s required for aunts to buy everything they see in Carter’s, is it not?

After the baby shower, we headed to a nearby pumpkin patch to get the obligatory baby-in-a-pumpkin-patch photos.

IMG_5060

Yes, an outfit change was required.

And the beautiful mama with her little boy.

IMG_5092

It’s pretty amazing to watch my little sister take on the role of “mom.” She’s doing an incredible job and Owen is so lucky to have her. I spent the whole weekend in awe of her and my brother-in-law. They are super parents.

Kelly and I went for a solo run on Sunday, then I drove home right after Owen went down for his second nap. It was a great weekend with my sister’s little family and I can’t wait to hang out with them again.

How was your weekend? Do anything festive?

1 The Many Thoughts of a Reader October 26, 2014 at 9:17 pm

aww! looks ilke fun!
The Many Thoughts of a Reader recently posted..Double Strike

2 lisa valinsky October 26, 2014 at 9:33 pm

Aw, love it Meghann. He’s getting so big so quickly! I’m glad you got to spend lots of quality time with your nephew and sister.

We set up a doggy meet up today, so we spent the morning with a bunch of dogs and dog owners, and spent the rest of the day visiting farmers’ markets and browsing a bookstore.
lisa valinsky recently posted..A Week in the Life

3 Carrie (This Fit Chick) October 26, 2014 at 10:38 pm

What a fun weekend! I LOVE the bib decorating.. so cute!
Carrie (This Fit Chick) recently posted..Gobble Gobble!

4 Stacy October 26, 2014 at 11:52 pm

I can’t read the comments on your blog since the new update. 🙁 Anyone else have this problem?? I can’t read it if you reply, but just thought I’d let you know!
Stacy recently posted..A Weekend Home

5 Tricia October 27, 2014 at 12:21 am

What a fun looking baby shower!

This weekend I made pumpkin chocolate chip muffins and watched scary movies! Eeeekkkk!
Tricia recently posted..Links I Love 10.26.14 + Link-Up!

6 Alisha @ Real Girl Running October 27, 2014 at 3:12 am

I love Owen’s Aunty top! He has Kelly’s eyes 🙂

I’m so impressed that your sister is thinking about running half marathons, with Owen only being a couple of months old. If we ever get around to kids I hope I can bounce back into exercise that quickly!

Sounds like a wonderful family weekend for you 🙂
Alisha @ Real Girl Running recently posted..Airports, Indian Food and a Garage Bootcamp

7 Laureen @Peachylau October 27, 2014 at 3:29 am

Awwww, he looks so cute!
Laureen @Peachylau recently posted..Lawrence’s quiche

8 Goldie October 27, 2014 at 3:51 am

that picture of you with Owen and your sister is gorgeous! I would just like to say how brave you are. I know it can be difficult under the circumstances to attend baby showers and things but you are coping like a blimmin’ pro! I did find spending time with my friend’s new baby was like therapy.

On a separate note you are looking incredible. you should be so proud! You’ve got so much on with the house and you mentioned wanting to lose a few lbs but to be honest lady – you look fabulous.xx

9 Linda @ Fit Fed and Happy October 27, 2014 at 6:16 am

That is so adorable. Getting up baby for a photowith among the pumpkins?
Linda @ Fit Fed and Happy recently posted..Life In Pictures Blog Hop #9 – Fantastic Runs!

10 Amber @ Busy, Bold, Blessed October 27, 2014 at 8:49 am

I love the star wars theme! Owen is adorable 🙂
Amber @ Busy, Bold, Blessed recently posted..My Weekend: Couch Shopping, 12 Hours of Cheerleading, and Laziness

11 Chelsea @ Designs on Dinner October 27, 2014 at 11:51 am

Aww, being an auntie is the best. Facetime is so great for when we don’t get to see them grow up in person every single week. My sister facetimed me with my niece Aurelia in her dragon costume last Friday, and it was awesome.
Chelsea @ Designs on Dinner recently posted..Out of the Rut

12 Jo October 27, 2014 at 1:38 pm

Owen is just too cute! Your sister looks fantastic as well. We also attended a baby shower this weekend (for a baby Owen!) We played a Price is Right baby items game and despite being a new mom myself I did so badly! Apparently I think baby items are way more expensive then they actually are (or I have been shopping in the wrong place…)
Jo recently posted..Weekend Happenings: Five hours of sleep and a baby shower!

13 Kay October 27, 2014 at 10:31 pm

Awwww. What a fun weekend. I love the star wars themed baby shower. And who doesn’t love spending time with such an adorable kid.

The DIY onesies and diapers are such a cute idea. Gotta remember all these when it’s my friends’ turns. 🙂
Kay recently posted..Run 10 Feed 10 recap