Three Things That Made Today Awesome

by Meghann on October 15, 2014

1. Every single episode of Friends is coming to Netflix on January 1st!

0aa3afb3cbe3468fc6e43e50070b0810

Could I BE anymore excited?!

My sister, twin brother, and I were obsessed with Friends. We owned the entire series on DVD and took turns passing discs back and forth. We watched the series over and over again from the beginning. I’ll never forget watching the final episode of Friends my freshmen year at Sally Hall. My roommates and I drank forbidden wine as we teared up watching this:

d64c6ea1d4eba8804afb50eae23ba6c3

She got off the plane! She got off the plane! Just the way it should be

It’s been years since I’ve done any Friends binge watching, but I know I’m due for a refresher (my Friends trivia is getting rusty) and this is as great of an excuse as any. Who’s with me?

2. I made this for dinner tonight and it was fabulous.

Pizza Spaghetti Squash Casserole

Well, mine didn’t exactly look like that. It was more like this:

20141015_194830

Not as pretty, but I’m sure it was just as tasty. Either way I highly recommend giving the Pizza Spaghetti Squash Casserole a try (recipe here), it’s fabulous! I made it tonight after work and it was super quick and easy. Two thumbs up.

3. This

10455089_10105195706703963_7710138635551929747_n

Because sometimes we need a laugh and the classic dog v cat showdown is just too good to pass up. Poor Maddie, that cat does nothing but taunt her. She’ll get it one day!

What made your day awesome?

1 Carrie (This Fit Chick) October 15, 2014 at 10:52 pm

oh my gosh that casserole sounds so cool! I’m so stoked about friends!! I’ve been watching it every night since August…. I’ll never get sick of it!
Carrie (This Fit Chick) recently posted..Just, FOOD!

2 [email protected] is Sweet October 16, 2014 at 12:28 am

I love friends! I watched all 10 seasons in 3 weeks when I had mono my freshman year!
[email protected] is Sweet recently posted..Midterms+Food

3 Alisha @ Real Girl Running October 16, 2014 at 12:31 am

You’re going to laugh, but what made my day awesome was that I got my very first blog comment! I’m stoked 🙂

I haven’t seen any spaghetti squash in Australia … I really need to find some!
Alisha @ Real Girl Running recently posted..An Office Worker’s inactive life

4 Kay October 16, 2014 at 2:09 am

That cup of pizza is too cute. But honestly, ugly food always tastes better.

My day was awesome because the weather was perfect this morning when I was biking to work. I was worried fall would start making me unpack my gloves and hat, but so far, it’s been smooth sailing.
Kay recently posted..Hawaii Day 6 – The end of Hawaii 🙁

5 Goldie October 16, 2014 at 5:33 am

Maddie is so cute! My little dog does the same!
Goldie recently posted..Exercise update…

6 Linda @ Fit Fed and Happy October 16, 2014 at 6:14 am

Wait, you mea. Netflix still doesn’t have all the episodes of friends yet?!
Linda @ Fit Fed and Happy recently posted..My Melancholy Lead Me To Become “That Friend…”

7 Susie @ SuzLyfe October 16, 2014 at 7:09 am

The stardown is magical. And I am a failure for my generation–I watched the odd episode of friends (and I knew what was going on, because it was in the press), but I never watched it religiously. Maybe by Jan1 I’ll be done with Gilmore Girls on Netflix, and can graduate to the next thing that is sorely missing from my life!
Susie @ SuzLyfe recently posted..Cicchetti is Closing, and Other Heartbreaks (Thinking Out Loud)

8 Allison October 16, 2014 at 7:15 am

Could I be any more excited?
No, I can’t! I watched every single episode of friends in college. I used to have all the DVDs too but in an urge to purge everything, I ended up selling them on craigslist a few years ago. Best show ever!

9 Katie @ Daily Cup of Kate October 16, 2014 at 7:28 am

I am SO pumped for #1!!!

10 Amber @ Busy, Bold, Blessed October 16, 2014 at 9:01 am

I love Friends! We were just talking about how we’re going to get one of our couches upstairs and I couldn’t help but start shouting PIVOT! PIVOT! 😀 That spaghetti squash casserole sounds awesome. I feel like you could throw all kinds of things in there to make it like a supreme pizza!
Amber @ Busy, Bold, Blessed recently posted..Our Wedding Recap Part 5: The Ceremony

11 Lee @ Tri*Inspired*Life October 16, 2014 at 9:04 am

My husband and I just finished watching every episode of Friends, in order, about a month ago. It took us a while to get through it, but still after all this time, it is still my very favorite sitcom! So many awesome moments from that show and it is funny how many off the wall quotes and we randomly use that we heard from the show…”it’s a moo point”….one of my favs from Joey!!
Lee @ Tri*Inspired*Life recently posted..Kona – A Magical Place

12 Courtney October 16, 2014 at 11:29 am

I am SO pumped for Friends. I have lots of time on the bike trainer in my future and this makes me almost excited for it!
Courtney recently posted..Psycho Wyco 50k (AKA 23 miles) and Kansas 5150

13 Ashley October 16, 2014 at 1:01 pm

Oh. My. God. Friends, on Netflix?! I can hardly wait. Best show ever.

14 Kristen @ Glitter and Dust October 16, 2014 at 3:07 pm

I am SOO excited about friends. Netflix just added a little sunshine to my winter. 🙂 I can’t say that my day started out too great because I had a root canal this morning… BUT, I get to eat frozen yogurt for lunch and dinner and veg on the couch. Not so bad!
Kristen @ Glitter and Dust recently posted..Guess Who Signed Up For Another Marathon?

15 Flower October 16, 2014 at 5:12 pm

What made my day awesome was waking up to temperatures below 70! Thank the good Lord for cold fronts coming to Florida 🙂
Flower recently posted..Throwback Thursday – A convo with MacGyver

16 Mary October 17, 2014 at 4:10 am

I used to LOVE Friends and could probably still recite most if it word for word. It’s such a feel good show. Glad it’s still on every morning in the UK!
Mary recently posted..New job, ultra briefing, speedy reps and #catownerproblems

17 Jojo @ Run Fast Eat Lots October 17, 2014 at 12:06 pm

It’s funny how cats always seem so nonchalant and dogs get all wired up. Love that pic!
Jojo @ Run Fast Eat Lots recently posted..To Blog or Not to Blog

18 Chelsea @ Designs on Dinner October 17, 2014 at 12:43 pm

I rewatch the entire series of Friends every few years….and I still couldn’t be more excited that it’s coming to Netflix! (I told my husband and he said with Friends and Gilmore Girls, he may never see me again, ha ha).
Chelsea @ Designs on Dinner recently posted..Anniversary Weekend

19 Emily @ Sweet Summer Smiels October 17, 2014 at 4:34 pm

I enjoy TV binging too! I used to do that so much in college, but like you, haven’t in a while. My go to show was One Tree Hill and I probably still could binge watch it if I had more time! Have a good weekend 🙂
Emily @ Sweet Summer Smiels recently posted..PCH: 17 Mile Drive/Big Sur/Carmel/Monterey