more ยป" />

Weekend Round-Up

by Meghann on July 27, 2014

Happy Sunday!

I hope everyone had a great weekend. It was a very relaxing one around here. In a nutshell we did nothing… and it was awesome.

Friday night Derek and I reviewed the inspection report we received on the new house. Derek had spoken to the inspector before, during, and after the inspection, so we already knew what to expect. The report was very thorough with lots of photos, notes, and a break down of pretty much every square inch of the property. The good news is the house passed with flying colors. There was just a couple of very minor items that came up, otherwise it’s ready for move in. Yay!

Saturday kicked off with a Maddie and mommy 3-mile run, followed by a pedicure, Taco Bus, and Sex Tape.

sex tape poster

If you’re looking for a good laugh, then I highly recommend Sex Tape. It’s obviously not going to be nominated for an Academy Award or anything, but it’s entertaining and worth an afternoon movie ticket. Plus, Cameron Diaz and Jason Segal look great. Jason Segal looks like he lost a little weight and bravo to Miss Diaz for choosing to bare all. Honestly, if I had her behind, I would have no problem baring all too.

We stopped at our favorite Vietnamese restaurant for dinner.

Pho Sure

Pho sure.

It’s a tiny hole-in-the wall place about two miles from our house and we love it. We’re there probably every other week getting our pho fill. I think we have a pho problem, but we’re okay with that. We can get dinner for two for under $20 and it’s delicious. It’s a win-win every visit.

Sunday morning was my long run… a whopping 5 miles. Hot damn. Sadly, that might be my longest run for a while. With my upcoming travel schedule for work I’ll be lucky if I can fit any miles in. I’m going to pack my running shoes and my sports bra and hope for the best. I might not get a run in everyday, but if I make it a priority, I can at least get a couple of good runs in. Fingers crossed. ๐Ÿ˜‰

The rest of Sunday comprised of a trip to the grocery store, cleaning the pantry ( I must have thrown out a dozen half-empty boxes of expired cereal), and a nap because, well, it’s Sunday.

By the way, I bought one of those pre-made flatbreads from Publix bakery on a whim (that’s what shopping while hungry will get ya) and it was delicious. I reheated it in the oven at home and served it with a side of marinara sauce for dipping.

20140727_123522

There was also a little baking thrown in there. Who needs Pinterest when you have the back of a bag of Nestle butterscotch chips to guide you?

20140727_171518

It was all looking good until…

20140727_172629

They came out of the oven.

20140727_180636

Sigh. Not the prettiest cookies in the world, but they still tasted pretty good. I’ll never be a great baker, but it doesn’t stop me from trying. ๐Ÿ˜‰

How was your weekend? Do any baking? See any movies?

1 Sabrina July 27, 2014 at 10:07 pm

I did nothing also and it was bliss! We did see Lucy. It was a great concept and could have been a better movie if it were longer (only and hour and a half). They needed to add another 30 minutes of action and story to fill in some gaps.

2 Kimberly July 28, 2014 at 2:10 am

Try refrigerating the cookie dough for at least 30 minutes before baking. I find that this helps the cookie maintain it’s shape and prevents a flat cookie.

I ran the SF marathon this weekend and now I’m craving cookies!

3 Emily Lutz July 28, 2014 at 4:30 am

I have made the oatmeal scotchies from the back of that recipe, and they always turn out exactly like that. I think it is just the recipe, because my other cookies don’t look like that, so no worries! I always add a little extra flour, OR I make them into bars kind of like a cookie cake. Yum!

4 Tami July 28, 2014 at 7:38 am

i haven’t seen the movie yet but the school scenes were shot at the school my sister works at.

5 Victoria July 28, 2014 at 8:01 am

Maybe instead of baking, just become a dough maker and don’t bother baking. Just eat the dough.

6 Lesley July 28, 2014 at 8:56 am

Those cookies look tasty… I also did a lot of nothing. I saw the Fluffy Movie Saturday and then hung out with a couple friends yesterday afternoon. I’m in the process of studying for certification so it feels great to do nothing.

7 [email protected] July 28, 2014 at 8:58 am

I want to see that movie, it looks so funny! We had a low key weekend as well: dinner at Dame’s Chicken & Waffles in Durham (amazing food!), farmer’s market, blueberry picking, and an outdoor burn ballet and yoga class. My kind of laid back weekend!

8 Amber @ Busy, Bold, Blessed July 28, 2014 at 9:06 am

I’m not much of a baker either! Pho is the best! Glad to hear your house passed inspection. I seriously need a weekend with no plans. And a nap ๐Ÿ™‚

9 Sara @ LovingOnTheRun July 28, 2014 at 9:28 am

No baking for me this weekend, but that really needs to change soon! We did go and see Lucy this weekend, it was a strange one!

10 Dori July 28, 2014 at 9:37 am

I had a hard time looking at Jason Segel in the last season of HIMYM because I thought he got too skinny. His face was gaunt. Hopefully he looked better in the movie!

11 Gianna @ Run, Lift, Repeat July 28, 2014 at 11:02 am

Anything Publix is delicious…every time I visit my sister in Miami a Publix run is a must!

12 RunEatRepeat July 28, 2014 at 2:00 pm

Wait. Expired cereal. That would NEVER happen in my house.

13 Reenie July 28, 2014 at 4:50 pm

Yea for your inspection!! Can’t wait to see your new home.

14 TJ July 29, 2014 at 10:59 am

Sex Tape was TERRIBLE!! We had to fight the urge to walk out!

15 Heather @ HeatherRunsFast.com July 31, 2014 at 9:57 pm

Whats the name of the Vietnamese place? I LOVE Pho and Banh Mi sammies! We never go out to movies and just get them on Netflix when they come out, haha. Glad everything with the inspection went well ๐Ÿ™‚