Mini Running Break

by Meghann on July 9, 2014

I went for a run today.

It wasn’t much – just a couple of miles – but it was my longest run in a week. It felt good to be out there again and I think Maddie was happy to have her morning running buddy back.

Running and I had to take a break. It was one of those “it’s not you, it’s me” situations where the heat and humidity finally got to me and I had to call uncle. It’s kind of nice not having anything specific to train for and have the luxury to do so. I can’t even tell you the last time (if ever?) I’ve taken a full week off of running. I missed it.

I’ve been doing a lot of yoga recently. Nothing fancy, mainly just google searches for yoga YouTube videos that I can do in my living room. My body has been wanting to get back into yoga for a while (everything is so tight!) and I’m finally listening to it. Maybe I’ll even start the search for a local studio in Tampa again.

The top row of letters on my keyboard are working on and off. Sometimes I type and they appear and other times I have to do this owieurqowieruqphpo to make them come up. So strange. I had an appointment with the Genius Bar last week, but had to cancel and reschedule for Tuesday. It’s one of those situations where it’s annoying, but still works on occasion (it just takes ten times longer to write something). Considering my MacBook Pro is 4 years old and this is the first problem, I’ll take it – I just hope it isn’t the beginning of the end. No! Don’t leave me MBP! *sniff *sniff

What’s the longest you’ve owned a laptop that worked consistently?

I can’t believe I’ve had my MacBook Pro for 4 years! I love it so much and am going to fight to keep it going as long as I can!

1 Caroline @ The Little Things Blog July 9, 2014 at 8:35 pm

My MBP that I’m typing on just turned 5 at the end of June. It’s definitely a little slower than when I first got it, but I’ve had no real problems with it, and it still works well! I’m a big mac fan 🙂
Caroline @ The Little Things Blog recently posted..Nourish: Cooking With Lorna Jane

2 Cindy July 9, 2014 at 9:16 pm

Have you looked at Erin Motz yoga? She is local (Tampa) and has a great “bad yogi” attitude. She started the 30 day yoga challenge.

3 Steph @321delish July 9, 2014 at 9:31 pm

I’ll go to yoga with you! Bill and I really like yogani:-) But, with this whole IM training thing, finding time to fit it in is getting tougher:-/

I recently had to take my MBP in to the genius bar- mine is only 2 years old! Something just caused it to freak out! I had to have them reinstall the OS…thankfully I had recently backed up, otherwise I would have been majorly SCREWED!
Steph @321delish recently posted..Challenge Atlantic City

4 Emily @MyHealthyishLife July 9, 2014 at 10:00 pm

I love Evolation, Bella Prana and Yogani 🙂
Emily @MyHealthyishLife recently posted..Never Have I Ever…

5 [email protected] July 9, 2014 at 10:27 pm
6 Mary July 9, 2014 at 10:27 pm

My current laptop is the first one I owned and survived (minus a few dents!) being dropped from the top bunk of my bed five years ago the first week I got it! Its almost time to get a new one now though, when I’ve saved up enough!
Mary recently posted..Food I’m loving and some unexpected gifts

7 Dayle July 9, 2014 at 10:28 pm

I have a Dell laptop I got on 2007 and it is still going strong!

8 Katie @ Live Half Full July 9, 2014 at 10:35 pm

I had my first Mac Book for 7 years!

9 Amy July 9, 2014 at 11:21 pm

I hope to get back into yoga soon, but am not a big fan of studios. Have you ever tried yoga download.com? It’s great!

10 Lindsay July 10, 2014 at 2:51 am

I joined the Mac Club about a year ago. I love my MacBook Air, named Karl. I am so glad I went for it. I hope your Pro lasts you a long while still.
Lindsay recently posted..Edge Of Tomorrow

11 Alexis Teevens July 10, 2014 at 6:21 am

I saw another comment about Erin Motz, and she is awesome. Her videos are great! I’m also so impressed you’ve had your computer that long. I think the longest one has ever lasted for me is 3 years. Working on year 2 with this one, and it’s already showing signs of a the struggle. Fingers crossed it holds out for me!
Alexis Teevens recently posted..Blogging Fears

12 Runner Girl Eats July 10, 2014 at 6:56 am

I’ve had my macbook pro almost 4 years adn so far so good **fingers crossed** I have been taking a semi break from running and enjoying the time off. It’s just too hot to force myself to be out there!
Runner Girl Eats recently posted..Still running.

13 Kari @ Kari On July 10, 2014 at 7:54 am

I’ve had my Mac Book Air for about 2 and a half years now and I absolutely love it. It’s the first computer that I’ve had that has lasted this long without any major problems (knock on wood).
Kari @ Kari On recently posted..Hook

14 [email protected] July 10, 2014 at 8:04 am

I had my old MacBook for 8 years before the battery died. It still works but it was slowing down anyhow so the battery was a good excuse to replace it. Never fear I’m sure you’ll have many years left with your pro!

15 [email protected] July 10, 2014 at 9:09 am

One laptop lasted me about 5 years before it got annoyingly slow. I gave it to my dad to use when he was on vacay to check emails and it lasted him another 2 years I believe. My current laptop is a Toshiba model that I’ve had for 2.5 years I think. So far so good. Sometimes the “select” button doesn’t work so I have to press it a few extra times which gets annoying. I’ve never understood the obsession with Macs. They just cost so much more than other computers and it’s not like they last that much longer.
[email protected] recently posted..Hiking at Eno River State Park on the 4th

16 Katie July 10, 2014 at 9:37 am

I remember when you wrote about buying this macbookpro! I’ve had a macbook for 5 years and its slowly running out of space and running slow. I’m thinking I will be buying a new one soon…But have been putting it off as long as possible.
Katie recently posted..#TriTraining: Open Water Swim

17 Aly July 10, 2014 at 9:46 am

yogadownload.com is seriously the best. They had a living social deal for it a while back, 1 year unlimited access for $35. there is one of the downloads and it is called Yoga for menstruation and it is the best. you just have to get over the name and some cycling references. it is only 20 minutes and it is a perfect every night routine especially if you have been running or working out. My boyfriend and I do this one all the time. it was a bit awkward listening to it the first time, but you get over it. by the end you’re ready for a great nights sleep.

18 Lesley July 10, 2014 at 11:06 am

I love Macbooks. I got my first one in 2007 but did have to replace it in 2013. I recycled my old one through Apple’s program, and whatever value they deemed it had left was put on a gift card and sent to me.
Lesley recently posted..Stress Release Yoga

19 Laureen @Peachylau July 10, 2014 at 11:42 am

I think mini breaks from running are good! I took one after my marathon and now I am back to loving it again.

20 Stephanie @ My Freckled Life July 10, 2014 at 11:44 am

I’m super impressed that your MacBook has lasted that long! I tend to be a total computer killer, so I rarely have had one for longer than 3 years. Thank goodness my husband is a computer engineer and can fix what I always manage to screw up!
Stephanie @ My Freckled Life recently posted..Homemade Arnold Palmer (+ Pure Via Giveaway)

21 sarah July 10, 2014 at 12:49 pm

not sure if you have an ipad, but if you do (and actually since you have a mac, maybe you could download it for the computer) – i have become really obsessed with this app called yoga studio. i also travel a lot for work and started using it when i was living out of a hotel room for basically a month straight. check it out in the app store – you pay once for the app, but then you get to choose from a BUNCH of different yoga classes at different levels, that are like 30 or 60 minutes. it’s kind of amazing, i think you can also create your own class with their library of moves. they play soothing music AND you get to watch someone do all the moves with you! seriously, i’ve almost stopped going to my local studio because of it.

22 Chatelaine July 10, 2014 at 2:53 pm

We’ve had our MacBook for about 5 years now and I get the color wheel constantly………… when it dies, i’m not getting another one. I never did make the switch mentally for Macs from PCs and right now it’s a glorified Ipad……. i shop from the couch and check facebook when my phone is just too small. i love my desktop PC, maybe I’ll get a pc laptop instead. LOL

23 Claire July 10, 2014 at 3:51 pm

I’ve had my Dell inspiron for 6 years with no issues other than having to get a new hard drive at about 4 years. I guess that was an issue but it was cheap and easy to fix.
Claire recently posted..Gluten Free Cinnamon Rolls

24 Candice July 10, 2014 at 10:46 pm

Mini breaks can be the best thing for your running!

And YouTube workout are the best. I get all my strength training workouts on YouTube so I don’t get bored!
Candice recently posted..Not all unicorns and rainbows over here