What’s New

by Meghann on July 1, 2014

Happy July 1st!

Any big plans this month? I have my sister’s baby shower in a couple of weeks, which I’m super pumped about. I’ll also be kicking off my crazy stretch of work travel at the end of the month. If you don’t hear from me for the majority of August – you’ll know why!

Let’s see. What else is new?

House Hunting

Ugh. It’s not going so hot. We’re starting to get a little more aggressive in our search, but we’re still not finding anything.

Tip: when looking at houses, it’s best to view properties right after work. We ruled out an entire area after a 2+ hour attempt to see one house about drove Derek mad. At that point we didn’t care how nice the houses were, it wasn’t worth the commute or his mental sanity.

Thankfully we have the luxury of time on our hands, but the deeper we get into the search, the more determined I am to find something. I know the perfect (or almost perfect) house is out there, we just need to find it.

Summer Shred

I’m excited about this! Bobbi is a longtime friend and has seen great results come from her Summer Shred programs for years. I’ll be hopping on to this summer’s program and I hope you’ll join me!

summershrednl

The NHS JULY SUMMER SHRED will run from Sunday, July 6th – Saturday, August 2nd // That’s FOUR WEEKS together!
FOUR WEEKS of AT-HOME WORKOUTS (that will kick your bootie)… all of the workouts are NEW NHS WORKOUTS with NEW VIDEOS focused on making you ‘bathing suit comfortable!’ There will also be brand NEW MEAL PLANS, SHOPPING LISTS, FACEBOOK GROUPS and much more! To learn more information about the Summer Shred check it out here.

I’m in a magazine!

WellBella Meghann Anderson-Russell

A couple of months ago an editor at WellBella, GNC’s health and beauty magazine, approached me about developing a smoothie recipe using a GNC product for an upcoming issue. Umm.. hell yeah! How fun does that sound? So I submitted my recipe and my issue hit stores this month. You can also check it out online HERE.

Dinner

Tonight’s dinner

steak tacos

Steak tacos with summer squash, onion, and peppers. A side of yesterday’s homemade coleslaw for good measure. (Homemade coleslaw always tastes better once it’s had a chance to soak up the good stuff overnight). Yum.

What’s new with you?

1 Amy July 1, 2014 at 12:14 pm

Does that coleslaw have squash in it? I can’t tell. My garden is just about to burst with zucchini and yellow squash and I need ideas for how to use them all!
ps-As long as you have plenty of time to look for a house, do not jump into anything. I really enjoyed the process of house-hunting because I really learned to appreciate what I like and what I don’t like.
Amy recently posted..Dramatizing Death

2 Runner Girl Eats July 1, 2014 at 1:14 pm

Hang in there with the house hunt. I remember searching fooorreeeevvverrrr and getting sooo discouraged but we ended up finding a place we love 🙂
Runner Girl Eats recently posted..Seven.

3 Kristen @ The Concrete Runner July 1, 2014 at 2:17 pm

House hunting can be sooooo frustrating! When we were buying our first house, I swear we looked at 75-100 houses before we found “the one” – and we still never felt like it was the one. I always say that there is a house out there for everyone. Don’t worry – you’ll find it and it’ll be perfect for you and Derek! I can’t wait for when you do find it! 🙂 Also excited to hear about Kelly’s shower! I’m so glad that I can follow her pregnancy through Facebook because I really miss her blog!
Kristen @ The Concrete Runner recently posted..baby bump #2: 14 weeks

4 EB @Running on E July 1, 2014 at 11:50 pm

Congrats on the magazine! How fun! House hunting is hard work, but stick to it. I’m sure you will find something.
EB @Running on E recently posted..Estes Park Half Marathon Recap

5 Chelsea @ Designs on Dinner July 1, 2014 at 11:51 pm

It’s my birthday today, so I plan on celebrating all weekend with friends. Love July! I can’t wait to hear about your sister’s baby shower. 🙂
Chelsea @ Designs on Dinner recently posted..27 Things

6 Amber @ Busy, Bold, Blessed July 1, 2014 at 11:59 pm

Steak tacos… yum! That’s awesome about the magazine. Sorry house hunting hasn’t been working out for you.

My summers are always so busy, but after this weekend I’m starting a 25 day clean eating reboot!
Amber @ Busy, Bold, Blessed recently posted..Guess what I’m doing in July!

7 [email protected] July 2, 2014 at 12:07 am

House hunting can be so frustrating at times! You will find something eventually!!

Would love if you could do a post about the behind the scenes work that goes on leading up to and setting up for the Iron Girl triathlons! I think it’d be so interesting.
[email protected] recently posted..Strength Training for Triathlons

8 Britt July 2, 2014 at 3:23 am

You’re going to love the Summer Shred! I did it in May, just finished up the Extreme Shred, and will be starting the Ultimate Shred next week. I love how quick the workouts are and I’ve been able to really see improvement in my strength. I even cut off some serious time on my 5K in May! I love switching up my fitness routine and this definitely does the trick.

9 Rebekah Smith July 2, 2014 at 4:09 am

This is so crazy that you know Bobbi. I go to the kickboxing studio she works at and I know her through a mutual friend. SMALL. FREAKING. WORLD. How do you guys know each other if you don’t mind me asking?

10 Caitlin @ Happy 'n' Hungry July 2, 2014 at 5:15 am

Those tacos look amazing! And I sure do love some coleslaw in the summer months. It’s the perfect side dish to so many summertime eats!
Caitlin @ Happy ‘n’ Hungry recently posted..Graze boxes and more things I’m loving lately

11 kate July 2, 2014 at 6:54 am

Have you started drinking milk again? or do you just use it in smoothies?

12 Stephanie @ My Freckled Life July 2, 2014 at 8:08 am

House hunting is both really fun, and really frustrating! Hang in there though, the right house is out there!
Stephanie @ My Freckled Life recently posted..FitBloggin Recap: Day 3 & 4

13 Haley @ Running with diapers July 3, 2014 at 3:08 am

Those tacos look delish!!
Good luck with the house hunting. I know it’s tough. The perfect house is out there. Thankfully you have time to keep looking.
Haley @ Running with diapers recently posted..California Baby Product Review

14 kate July 3, 2014 at 3:14 pm

Hi!
I think my last comment didn’t make it through, or maybe I just didn’t hit publish?

I was wondering about the milk you are using in your smoothie recipe. I thought you didn’t like milk (i don’t either)! can you taste it when you use it in recipes? or do you use a milk substitute? I can’t seem to get over the texture – I’ve tried several types of milk with no success, so now I just make smoothies with other bases.

15 Meghann July 9, 2014 at 7:28 pm

I don’t like milk, but I can handle it in smoothies. You can’t taste at all.

16 Whitney July 5, 2014 at 9:15 am

We recently purchased our first home and I had lots of questions so if you have any shoot me an email!! We probably looked at 30, and closed in 6 weeks.

17 [email protected] July 6, 2014 at 3:23 pm

Good luck with the house hunt, when you find your house, you’ll know it the second you walk in! Congrats on being in a magazine, exciting 🙂
[email protected] recently posted..Fourth of July