more Ā»" />

Heading to Seattle

by Meghann on June 19, 2014

Hello from Chi-town!

20140619_083620

Derek and I are on our way to Seattle! We’re currently waiting to board our second flight of the day. We had a doozy 6:00am flight out of Tampa bright – actually, dark – and early this morning. 6:00am flights are painful. What’s even more painful is waking up at 3:30am to make the 6:00am flight. Derek and I were zombies all the way to the gate.

20140619_052304

It always amazes me how busy airports are so early in the morning. Especially Starbucks. I’ve never seen a Starbucks line so long than at 4:30am, when it’s the only place open in the whole airport.

We’re so excited to be on our way. I’m traveling to Seattle to run the Rock ‘n’ Roll Seattle Half Marathon with Brooks Running. Derek’s never been to Seattle before so he decided to join me and do a little exploring on his own. We’re heading up a day early to check out Seattle wine country and just relax.

This is a short trip. We have a red eye home Sunday night, but we’re hoping to make the most out of every minute of our trip. Since I’m the world’s worst packer (and trying to save some $$ by not checking the bag), I tried to be organized last night and laid out all my clothes by outfits instead of just shoving different articles of clothing in my bag. That way I knew I wasn’t packing too much and I won’t have to think about what to wear each day I’m there.

IMG_3989

Yes, that’s a lot of clothes for a four day trip, but keep in mind there are “day” outfits and “night” outfits mixed in there. I don’t want to wear shorts and a t-shirt to a fancy dinner, do I? I even coordinated each outfit with accessories, shoes, and underwear.

I did pack one back-up outfit just in case and I have a couple of options for race day depending on weather/how I feel. Do I want to wear a skirt or are capris the way to go?

IMG_4003

And I can’t forget my running supplies. I’ve got back-up headbands, iPod, earbuds, Garmin, chargers, and my armband for my phone (though, I’m reconsidering this since I ran the Suja Rock ‘n’ Roll San Diego Half Marathon with my phone in my hand the whole time and wore the empty band for 13.1 miles).

IMG_4012

Thankfully it all fit.

IMG_3991

Oh, and this is totally random, but we tried the Trader Joe’s Frozen Tamales last night (they were easy packing fuel) and they were delicious. Highly recommend!

20140618_190223

Our flight is boarding! Time to jet.

We’ll see you in Seattle!

1 Jessica @ RunYourMuttOff June 19, 2014 at 12:14 pm

Have fun, I hope the weather holds out for a beautiful weekend. If you’re headed to Woodinville for wine, these are some of my favorite places: At the warehouses: Five Star Cellars, Project V Distillery (vodka), and Triplehorn Brewery (Beer and Cider). Near the Hollywood Schoolhouse: Airfield Estates Winery, Sparkman Cellars, and Village Wines (wine bar/cafe).
Good luck at the race on Saturday!
Jessica @ RunYourMuttOff recently posted..How I got my Diagnosis – by the numbers

2 Jesica @rUnladylike June 19, 2014 at 12:29 pm

Looking forward to meeting you in person and seeing you in Seattle tomorrow. Safe travels.
Jesica @rUnladylike recently posted..Weekly Training Update and Race Week Goals

3 Sarah F June 19, 2014 at 12:30 pm

Early early AM flights are the worst. We were leaving the west coast one morning and the coffee place at the airport wasn’t even open yet. That was torture. And way to go on the packing. I ALWAY over pack last minutes and end up throwing everything I own into the suitcase!

4 Jen @ pretty little grub June 19, 2014 at 12:32 pm

Have a great time at the race! Hope you get some great weather there. Seattle is such a fun city!
Jen @ pretty little grub recently posted..Why treadmill runs are (sometimes) a good thing

5 Katie D. June 19, 2014 at 12:32 pm

I love Seattle! So much fun and so much to see. We did a long weekend there last May and only scratched the surface. Enjoy!

6 Katie @ running4cupcakes June 19, 2014 at 12:44 pm

Have fun!!!
Katie @ running4cupcakes recently posted..My doctor tips

7 Danielle June 19, 2014 at 12:46 pm

You’re going to be right near my (the Precor) office when you’re up in Woodinville aka wine country! Have fun and welcome to Seattle!

8 EB @Running on E June 19, 2014 at 12:55 pm

Safe travels. Seattle is such a fun city!
EB @Running on E recently posted..Learning from your running shoes

9 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More June 19, 2014 at 1:00 pm

Have a fun trip and a great race!
Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..A Day In the Life ā€“ WIAW Style

10 Kristen @ Glitter and Dust June 19, 2014 at 1:03 pm

Seattle is my favorite city in the US! You are going to have a wonderful time and the weather should be perfect. Have a great race, enjoy the course, and be sure to capture the views – they are gorgeous!
Kristen @ Glitter and Dust recently posted..Swim + Bike + Run = Triathlete

11 joelle @ on a pink typewriter June 19, 2014 at 2:26 pm

Have a blast! I am dying to go to Seattle – never been!
joelle @ on a pink typewriter recently posted..Staying Fit While Traveling

12 Sara @ LovingOnTheRun June 19, 2014 at 2:32 pm

Good luck! I have always wanted to go to Seattle! Seems like an awesome city!
Sara @ LovingOnTheRun recently posted..Decorating Dilemma

13 Amy June 19, 2014 at 3:13 pm

I just tried those TJ’s tamales as well! So. Good.

Good luck in Seattle!
Amy recently posted..Cants into Cans Wednesday: My Struggle with Disordered Eating

14 Miranda June 19, 2014 at 4:25 pm

How HOw HOW did you get all that in there?? I’m amazed! Good luck this weekend x

15 Nancy June 19, 2014 at 5:36 pm

Welcome to Seattle! Enjoy your run and all the sights! Can’t wait for your recap to see what you end up doing!

16 Emily June 19, 2014 at 8:51 pm

Seattle is awesome! Have a great race!
Emily recently posted..The Mental Game: Summer Shape Up Workout 1 Review

17 Sarah @ sneaksandstilettos June 19, 2014 at 9:56 pm

I’ve noticed this about Starbucks, too. Good luck on the race this weekend. I can’t wait to hear about your race and see some more of those cute, stylish Stitchfix outfits. I’ve never been to Seattle…yet!

18 Renee @ Bendiful Blog June 20, 2014 at 8:26 am

Good Luck! I pack like you ALL in a carry on. Seattle I’ve heard is beautiful!

19 bridget June 20, 2014 at 2:58 pm

Although I am an avid runner..I havent gotten a garmin yet….just use an elastic and hate running with music! My run group calls me the light runner bc when we travel for races and they have their gear…I grab my shoes and go! Lol

20 [email protected] June 20, 2014 at 3:05 pm

I try my best to never check a bag! šŸ™‚ Good for you managing to cram all of that in a carry on!!!
[email protected] recently posted..Hey Friday!!