A Bad Morning

by Meghann on June 12, 2014

Do you ever have those mornings that just kind of suck? Today was one of those mornings.

I woke up in a terrible mood. Instead of feeling rested and ready to start another beautiful day, I felt stressed and agitated. I wanted to stay in bed, but I’d missed CrossFit the day before and really wanted to get to the box.

It happened so fast, I almost didn’t believe it. A car came out of nowhere, there was impact, and my heart leapt forward. There was damage, but it is repairable. There were tears, but no pain.

I never made it to CrossFit. I never even made it a mile from my house. I crawled back in bed with Derek and cried on his shoulders. The tears came and it felt like I was releasing every bit of tension I had in me. I wasn’t just crying about the vehicle, it was everything that’s been weighing on my shoulders. I needed that cry, I’d been holding it in for far too long.

I had cereal with Cool Whip while I spoke with the insurance company. Everything’s better with Cool Whip.

It’s wasn’t the end of the world – just a bad morning. I had my mini pity party and now it’s time to move on. Tomorrow is a new day. Tomorrow will be better.

Is it the weekend yet?

1 Kara June 12, 2014 at 9:28 pm

Oh my gosh! So glad to hear you’re okay! I hope you get some time to relax and de-stress this weekend. Wishing you lots of strength and happiness!
Kara recently posted..Weekend Fun + NJ Sharing Network 5K

2 Caroline June 12, 2014 at 9:28 pm

It’s scary being in an accident, even if things are ok at the end. Glad you’re ok!

3 Elisa June 12, 2014 at 9:45 pm

So sorry to hear this….! Glad you’re ok; hope you get to enjoy a relaxing weekend
Elisa recently posted..Winter Park Wedding Expo – June 7, 2014

4 ClaireC June 12, 2014 at 9:47 pm

I’m so sorry .Yes, Cool whip makes everything better 🙂

5 Emily June 12, 2014 at 9:54 pm

Ugh, that sucks! I’m sorry for the rough start. Sometimes it just takes one thing to unleash the stress floodgates of everything. I hope you feel better, and everything works out.
Emily recently posted..Hotel Gym, Tahoe Picks, and Milestone Achieved

6 Victoria June 12, 2014 at 10:24 pm

I’m sorry to hear about the accident but am so glad you are writing this from home and not the hospital. I prescribe more cool whip.
Victoria recently posted..Eagleman 70.3 2014

7 Michelle June 12, 2014 at 10:55 pm

*hugs* (from the non-hugger – so you know it’s legit) Being an adult sucks sometimes, right?
Michelle recently posted..Hashtag Random Rambling

8 Sara @ LovingOnTheRun June 12, 2014 at 11:01 pm

So sorry to hear about your accident! Take a break and rest the weekend. Spend it with your hubby and regroup! Cool whip does make EVERYTHING better!
Sara @ LovingOnTheRun recently posted..Moving From Pennsylvania To Virginia

9 Mary June 13, 2014 at 4:27 am

Really sorry to hear about your accident but glad that you are OK.
Cool whip sounds like it was the best idea. Hope that you can sort everything out quickly and without hassle. Accidents are horrible…sending best wishes your way.
Mary recently posted..Less than stellar race prep

10 Katie D. June 13, 2014 at 8:03 am

Ugh! That is me this morning (awake 2 hours in the middle of the night, couldn’t find any clothes that fit (37 weeks pregnant), stressed about FMLA/finances, etc). I have a training this morning and am praying they have donuts. Do I need sugar to feel better? NO, but does help a little bit? Yes! (I am drinking a green smoothie right now – gotta keep the baby healthy!)

11 [email protected] June 13, 2014 at 8:18 am

Car accidents are so scary! Glad you are okay! Maybe waking up in such a bad mood was a sign from the universe to stay home and stay safe.
[email protected] recently posted..Ironman Raleigh 70.3 Recap Part 2

12 Amber @ Busy, Bold, Blessed June 13, 2014 at 8:31 am

UGH I’m so sorry! Hope you’re ok <3
Amber @ Busy, Bold, Blessed recently posted..Our Wedding Recap Part 2: The Ladies Get Dolled Up

13 lindsay @ lifting in lilly June 13, 2014 at 9:59 am

very glad you are ok!!! sometimes you do just need to cry and let everything out! i hope that will make a fresh start to your day now!!!

14 Laureen @Peachylau June 13, 2014 at 10:14 am

I am so glad that you are OK. Take it easy and I hope you will have a great week end.
Laureen @Peachylau recently posted..The best running medal holder ever

15 Katie June 13, 2014 at 10:58 am

I’m with you, sister. Sometimes it feels like the weight of the world rests on our shoulders. I know too many strong, caring, amazing ladies who carry more than their fair share of the load. Hang in there, we are all in this together.
Xo

16 Meghan R June 13, 2014 at 11:10 am

Sorry to hear about your bad morning and accident, but very glad to hear that you are alright! And yes, its the weekend… just a few more hours to go 🙂

17 Chatelaine June 13, 2014 at 11:26 am

Oh crap! Sorry to hear about your morning and your accident. That really sucks. I’m glad to hear you’re ok.

A good cry is so cathartic 🙂 I hope you’re weekend feels much better!

18 Amy June 13, 2014 at 11:28 am

I glad you’re ok-take it easy today!

19 Elizabeth {Positively Healthy} June 13, 2014 at 11:52 am

I am so glad your okay! Getting in a good cry is always helpful!
Elizabeth {Positively Healthy} recently posted..Happy Birthday + 7 Wants!

20 Pip {Cherries & Chisme} June 13, 2014 at 11:55 am

Oh my gosh, I’m so sorry to hear this! Accidents are terrifying but the main thing is that YOU are okay. And sometimes we just need to let it all out, I always find if I bottle things up too long they end up overflowing eventually… Hope you are okay.
Pip {Cherries & Chisme} recently posted..{Reflections} Carve your own path

21 Laura @ Prairie Sewn Studios June 13, 2014 at 1:27 pm

Oh no! How scary! I’m happy to read you’re ok. I’m the same way sometimes, with the horrible mood and the crying. I usually feel much better about 12 hours later, so I hope you’re feeling better today!
Laura @ Prairie Sewn Studios recently posted..Festive for Friday-June 13.

22 EB @Running on E June 13, 2014 at 3:41 pm

Sorry you had such a tough start to the day! Hope the rest of it was much better!
EB @Running on E recently posted..Hospital Hill Run Half Marathon Recap

23 Gianna @ Run, Lift, Repeat June 13, 2014 at 3:56 pm

Glad you’re okay. Accidents are scary no matter what the damage. Hang in there and hopefully have a low key stress free weekend!
Gianna @ Run, Lift, Repeat recently posted..WIAW – Miami Edition

24 Katie K. June 13, 2014 at 4:00 pm

One time I got a flat tire on the freeway and started crying when I called my mom to tell her. Keep in mind it was not a blowout, I was not on my way to anything, it was the middle of the afternoon with pleasant temperatures, and on a rather empty freeway (so absolutely nothing for me to freak out about). My mom was more concerned that I was calling her and not AAA. I just needed some comfort, and to cry!!

I hope you have a totally awesome weekend with whatever you end up doing (even if it’s just hanging out at home!). Accidents are not fun – I’ve been in 3. They’re crappy. Super crappy in fact. But it gets better! **BIG, BIG, hug and lots of well wishes!**

25 Julie June 13, 2014 at 7:26 pm

This is freaky. I had a wreck last October, on my way to a 6am crossfit class, and the morning of a Friday I was supposed to go out of town and spend the weekend with my friend Clayton. My car was totaled. It’s been an interesting year, I was ironman training and sleep deprived during that time. I finally had my ironman 70.3 on June 1st, with my first ironman 140.6 on 8/24 in Louisville. Then I got a massive pulmonary embolism on Saturday. Ironman dehydration paired with the 6 hour drive, paired with an in diagnosed genetic predisposition. Just got out of hospital today, dead determined to get breathing again in a week, training again in two, and getting to ironman in 9 weeks. Docs said that if it wasn’t for IM training and my fitness, I’d have been dead Sunday, no doubt. Instead I was on a 50 mile winded bike ride, with a PE, haha. Didn’t get diagnosed until Wednesday. Heart rate was 47, and BP was 104/66, even when extremely stressed, my doc said I should have been 130 pulse, 150 blood pressure. He said Ironman saved me!

26 Mary June 13, 2014 at 10:53 pm

Oh my gosh! I’m glad you’re ok. Tomorrow will be better. Hang in there!

27 [email protected] June 14, 2014 at 10:16 am

Sometimes we just need a good cry. I hope the weekend is better!
[email protected] recently posted..Can A Curvy Girl Stitch Fix?

28 Erica June 14, 2014 at 3:21 pm

I’m so so sorry- I hope you’re ok <3 <3

29 Mackenzie June 14, 2014 at 4:17 pm

The sun will come out tomorrow! I hope your weekend has been going a little better!

30 Mike June 15, 2014 at 6:08 pm

Glad you didn’t get hurt. Great blog also. Keep on keeping on.
Mike