Stitch Fix Friday

by Meghann on June 6, 2014

It’s here!

20140520_190605

Well, actually it came last week, but “it came!” doesn’t have quite the same ring to it. 😉

Fun fact: Did you know when you receive the notice that “your Fix has shipped” you can log into your account and see what was shipped in your check-out cart? It only provides descriptions – not photos – but it doesn’t stop me from googling each item to try and dissect what I’m receiving.

20140520_190627

Me? Impatient? I have no idea what you’re talking about.

20140520_190729

And, just like opening a present I already knew about on Christmas morning, it doesn’t stop the arrival of the Stitch Fix box from being less exciting or special.

wpid-20140520_190734.jpg

Last month’s fix was the best yet. I kept every item and have worn them all a handful of times in the month since I’ve had them. I wondered how this month’s picks would compete?

Let’s see, shall we.

First up, Level 99 Patrick Cropped Chino Pant

20140522_110759

My stylist had warned me in her description that she knew I didn’t “super love” light colored pants (she’s right, I don’t), but she assured me these were “so flattering and versatile.” I had my doubts, especially after just receiving a pair of light blue skinny jeans in my last shipment, but I tried them on anyway and was immediately struck by how comfortable and flattering the pants were. The material was super soft with a little stretch to it – I wore them to work an felt like I had pajamas on the whole time! I only wish they weren’t such a similar color to my last pair of jeans, simply because I already own the other pair.

Under Skies Tory Textured Button Front Shirt

{See photo above}

Love this shirt. Love the light color, airy material, and loose fit. I paired it with the Patrick Cropped Chinos above for an ultra-comfy workplace combo.

Yumi Jodie Chambray Dot Print Fit and Flare Dress

stitch fix polka dots

This was the first item that immediately grabbed my attention from the fix. The polka dots were just too cute for words. Granted, I already own three blue polka dresses, but what’s one more? The dress fit like a glove and will look great at my sister’s baby shower next month. I’m already hunting down a yellow bauble necklace to pair with it.

Renee C Malcom Abstract Chevron Dolman Sleeve Top

20140523_140540

(I’m telling you – 95% bathroom selfies)

This was my wildcard. The pattern didn’t “wow” me when I first saw it and I was afraid the fit would go either way. Definitely not something I would have picked out for myself, but I tried it on with a pair of dark skinny jeans and loved it. The top was ridiculously comfortable and the longer I looked at the pattern, the more I liked it, especially when paired with a fun, bright necklace.

Urban Expressions Booker Fold Over Crossbody Bag with Zip Detail

stitch fix bag

Yes, this is “the bag” from my San Diego trip last week. I’m pretty sure I’ve never received so many emails/comments about one bag before. I’m glad you guys like it – I do, too. I was immediately drawn to the bright color, big size, and crossover body strap. It took me a day of wearing and adjusting to find the right length, though.

That’s better.

The bag is great. Not only is it cute, but also functional. It held my heavy DSLR + extra lens all weekend and was great for traveling. I love all the hidden, fun pockets. This is hands down the best thing I’ve received from any Stitch Fix I’ve received.

So there you have it. My five items from this month’s haul. Can you guess what I kept and what I returned? Well, since I pretty much referenced wearing everything up there for work, it’s safe to assume I kept it all. Or I wore it all and then sent it back. If that’s the case we’ll just keep that between you and me, mmmkay? 😉

What would you have kept and what would you have returned?

Other Stitch Fix reviews:

1 Amy June 6, 2014 at 9:02 am

Would you mind including prices of the items? I’ve been on the fences for some time about trying Stitch Fix and I’d like to see the variety in prices for assorted items.

2 Amber @ Busy, Bold, Blessed June 7, 2014 at 10:19 pm

Everything they’ve sent me was between $45-75. It was a little out of my price range. I mean I’ll pay that much for a piece if I’m in love with it and it fits perfectly. But overall, it was a bit much.
Amber @ Busy, Bold, Blessed recently posted..Handmade Beauty

3 Sam @ The Running Graduate June 6, 2014 at 9:30 am

I LOVE the polka dot dress and the pink top! I totally wish I could have both of them in my closet – they would be great to wear in the clinic during graduate school!
I would have returned the chevron top. I love chevron like no other, but I don’t think that style shirt would work on me. Your necklace looked great with it though! I’m a tad jealous of your sweet accessorizing skills!
Sam @ The Running Graduate recently posted..Thinking Out Loud #3

4 Allie June 6, 2014 at 12:17 pm

LOVE LOVE LOVE your fix!! I want that bag! 🙂

5 Stephanie @ My Freckled Life June 6, 2014 at 12:34 pm

Everything you got was SO adorable!! I’ve seen a couple people say they didn’t have great luck with their Fixes this month, but yours looks great! LOVE that first outfit especially!
Stephanie @ My Freckled Life recently posted..Foodie Favorites

6 Stephanie @ Whole Health Dork June 6, 2014 at 12:46 pm

So funny–my co-worker just found out hers had been shipped, so she promptly went into her account to look at the names of the items and then started Googling to see what they looked like! I finally caved after over a year and just ordered my first ‘Fix. It won’t be delivered until July, though! They must be getting really popular.
Love the jeans on you and it looks fantastic paired with that top. I also really like that purse. Looks like a keepr to me!
Stephanie @ Whole Health Dork recently posted..New Year’s Goals Check-In: May

7 Lindsay June 6, 2014 at 1:39 pm

I’m not sure if you have a Kohl’s in your area but they have a super cute yellow (I already got the orange one and want the yellow) big bubble type necklace. It would look great with your dress.

I found it in the jewlery section. I think it is the Apt 9 brand name.

Have fun!

8 Meghann June 6, 2014 at 4:30 pm

Thanks, Lindsay! I’ll have to check it out.

9 Hillary | Nutrition Nut on the Run June 6, 2014 at 3:32 pm

that bag is WAY adorable!!
Hillary | Nutrition Nut on the Run recently posted..Friday Feature | Healthy Hits the Spot

10 Chelsea @ Designs on Dinner June 6, 2014 at 3:32 pm

I love all your items! The last outfit you threw together with that bag is super cute. I like the idea of shorts with a long-sleeve button down.
Chelsea @ Designs on Dinner recently posted..Eats Lately

11 Morgan June 6, 2014 at 4:24 pm

You need to burn that chevron top. Eeeee.

The bag looks great, though!

12 Jesica @rUnladylike June 6, 2014 at 4:36 pm

I’m dying to start trying Stitch Fix. Have heard so many good things from everyone who uses it 🙂 Cute stuff! Enjoy your weekend.
Jesica @rUnladylike recently posted..National Running Day: A Time to Say Thank You

13 Katie June 6, 2014 at 5:11 pm

I love these! & that purse.. I want! Any chance of you could share the brand? Maybe I could hunt it down myself ;)?

14 Ashley June 6, 2014 at 9:28 pm

I loved that bag from your first post of it, but now I REALLY love it. Perfect dress for a baby shower, too!

15 Kate June 7, 2014 at 5:37 am

Thank Godddddd I’m not the only one who takes bathroom selfies hahahah. I was starting to wonder about myself 😉

Love your fix, BTW!
Kate recently posted..Friday Fancies – 2nd Edition

16 Erin June 7, 2014 at 12:39 pm

I love Stitch Fix! I had no idea you could look at your cart and see the descriptions of what was shipped. I’m about as patient as you, so I know what I’ll be doing next time an order comes my way 😉 That polka dot dress is adorable! And I LOVE Level 99 jeans – they’re so soft! I came across them for the first time at a little boutique store where they were 50% off and bought a pair… I wore them until they got a hole in the front pocket! Maybe a trade off of being so soft?

17 Amber @ Busy, Bold, Blessed June 7, 2014 at 10:18 pm

I actually just posted about breaking up with StitchFix lol! I’ve seen so many bloggers having such great results but my fixes weren’t great and the pieces are a bit out of my price range. Bummer.
Amber @ Busy, Bold, Blessed recently posted..Handmade Beauty

18 Mary June 8, 2014 at 1:32 am

I love that polka dot dress, and your hair in that picture. The bag is also super cute.
I think it would be dangerous if I ever had a StitchFix…I’d want to buy everything!
Mary recently posted..A confidence boost

19 christina June 9, 2014 at 8:57 am

I REALLY like that bag!! I think you need to shorten the strap a little – just looks slightly too long. I like the top of the bag to hit the top of my hip bone. But its totes cute.

20 Megan June 10, 2014 at 9:39 am

I like reading about your Stitch Fixes so much, I decided to sign up for my own! (I used your referral link, so hopefully you’ll get something.) When I scheduled my fix, the first available date was August 6th…kind of a long time from now, but hey, no big deal. But then I logged back into the site later, happened to hit the Reschedule button, and was able to book it for July 3rd! Hooray!

21 [email protected] June 10, 2014 at 4:09 pm

Im getting my first fix this month. Secretly hope that bag shows up. Hahaha
[email protected] recently posted..6 Miles and Other Tales From The Weekend

22 Laureen @peachylau June 12, 2014 at 12:20 pm

That dress was made for you!
Laureen @peachylau recently posted..I spy with my little eye #3

23 Amber June 30, 2014 at 6:31 am

I WANT THAT BAG! I’m Canadian and Stitch Fix doesn’t ship to Canada (which is so lame!) — does anyone know where I can buy that bag online?

24 Robyn July 19, 2014 at 3:12 am

Love your stitch fix reviews! Fun! I got my first fix this month and I’m hooked! Glad we crossed paths:)