more ยป" />

Day in the Life: 6.4.14

by Meghann on June 4, 2014

5:15 am: Alarm goes off! Time to get up!

5:20am: Take Maddie outside, wait for her to do her thing, question why the heck I’m up so early.

5:25am: Get dressed. Eat half of a Kashi bar.

5:35am: Head out the door.

5:45am: Arrive at CrossFit, have my booty handed to me with Russian KB swings, box jumps, and burpees.

At least I rocked my new Suja Rock ‘n’ Roll San Diego race shirt while doing so!

20140604_064619

6:45am: Hop in car and drive home. I have a little more than an hour before I have to head to work.

7:00am: Arrive home. Hop in shower.

7:15am: Put on 19 Kids & Counting – why is this show so addicting? I’m fascinated by the girls’ new courtships!

7:20am: Make lunch for the day.

7:30am: Eat breakfast (apple slices, peanut butter, and a handful of shredded wheat)

20140604_072232

7:45am: Get dressed. Select one of the three new scares I bought in San Diego to wear (there was a big scarf sale at Francesca’s right next to the hotel!)

7:55am: Realize it’s National Running Day and I didn’t run. Crap. This happens Every. Year. Does the 200m warm-up run in CrossFit count? Spend 5 minutes trying to come up with a clever saying for the “I Run..” badges.

1957998_738023706220537_7933502897652500668_n

Nailed it.

8:10am: Gather things, give Maddie a kiss, head out the door.

8:20am: Why does traffic suck so bad? Isn’t school out yet?

8:45am: Woo hoo! Made it! Time to work.

9:00am: But first a bathroom selfie to show off the new scarf. My phone is 95% full of bathroom selfies.

20140604_094628

10:30am: Dig into the bag of trail mix at my desk for a mid-morning snack.

20140604_103013

12:25pm: Lunch time! Head outside to enjoy a little sunshine.

20140604_122206

Lunch consists of a leftover burger, roasted potatoes, carrot sticks, hummus, and sparkling Dasani.

20140604_122235

1:00pm: Back to work inside. I already miss the sun!

4:00pm: I need some greens! Break out a Suja Glow as an afternoon snack.

20140604_160229

6:15pm: Time to clock out. I pack up my desk and head home.

6:45pm: Stop at Walgreens and look for envelopes for my sister’s baby shower invitations. They don’t have the size I need. Grrr…

7:00pm: Arrive at home. Kiss my hubby. Talk about our days as I cook and he empties the dishwasher.

7:10pm: Dinner tonight was based off of a Publix recipe I tried at the store on Tuesday – Sausage and Rice Stuffed Portobellas

20140604_191358

I skipped the cream cheese and mozzarella, added an egg to the mix, and incorporated the marinara sauce into the stuffing, instead of just adding it to the top. It came out really tasty. It was a really easy recipe, I’d highly recommend.

20140604_193000

7:45pm: Grab a Trader Joe’s dark chocolate bar on my way out the door. I really need envelopes for the invitations!

20140604_195539

8:10pm: Find the envelopes I need at Office Depot. Score!

8:30pm: Stuff and label invitations. Can’t wait to celebrate Baby Moore next month!

20140604_203535

9:15pm: ย Start writing blog post

10:00pm: Go to sleep (hopefully!)

Good Night!

1 Ashley June 4, 2014 at 10:49 pm

Those invitations are adorable!
Ashley recently posted..Housekeeping, I’ll come back later. PCOS,Dietbet, and feelings.

2 LauraMae June 4, 2014 at 11:23 pm

Happy NRD! Your day looks fun! Especially the chocolate bar and WODS!!
LauraMae recently posted..Birds on my Run and Skittles are Fuel?

3 [email protected] June 5, 2014 at 3:44 am

Happy to hear that I’m not the only one obsessed with 19 kids and counting! It is so different from our lives in Germany and so fascinating!
[email protected] recently posted..How to spend 4 days in Barcelona

4 Runner Girl Eats June 5, 2014 at 5:44 am

Adorable invites! I watch trash tv in the mornings while eating breakfast too. Today: Guilana and Bill ๐Ÿ™‚
Runner Girl Eats recently posted..Why I run

5 Rachael June 5, 2014 at 7:29 am

I love these DITL posts! I’m so nosy about people’s daily routines ๐Ÿ™‚ What do you do with Maddie when you are at work? Does Derek come home at lunchtime? Does she stay in a crate or have free run of the house? I have a dog but currently only work part time and struggling with what to do with him when I transition to full time.. daycare, crate, dog walker..
Thanks!

6 Meghann June 5, 2014 at 8:42 am

She has free reign of the house. My guess is she spends all day sleeping on the couch.

7 Elizabeth {Positively Healthy} June 5, 2014 at 9:20 am

Crazy, busy day!! The invites looks sooo cute!!
Elizabeth {Positively Healthy} recently posted..9 Loves

8 Laureen @Peachylau June 5, 2014 at 9:31 am

I love it when you write these posts! You are definitely a busy lady ๐Ÿ™‚
Laureen @Peachylau recently posted..WIAW #4

9 ChristineB June 5, 2014 at 10:38 am

I run because I suck at team sports too! Love it! ๐Ÿ™‚

10 Laura @ Prairie Sewn Studios June 5, 2014 at 1:10 pm

Oh my gosh I cannot believe how much you accomplish each day BEFORE you go to work!! I love reading about your daily routines!
Laura @ Prairie Sewn Studios recently posted..Paducah 2014-Author Happenings.

11 Heathers Looking Glass June 5, 2014 at 3:40 pm

I am OBSESSED with 19 kids and counting. So bummed no new episodes for awhile!
Heathers Looking Glass recently posted..Pregnancy Update: Week 23

12 Lindsay @ lifting in lilly June 6, 2014 at 7:01 am

busy day! Those invitations do look super cute! I’m the same way with going to crossfit before work- makes the rest of the day so much better, right!?