Happy Easter 2014!

by Meghann on April 20, 2014

Happy Sunday!

After a couple of crazy busy months in Tampa, Derek and I finally made the trip to my parents’ neck of the woods this weekend to celebrate the Easter holiday. We hadn’t been back since Christmas, so it was nice to go home to relax for a couple of days.

IMG_3718

Plus, Maddie was really excited about seeing her uncles and cousins. She was basically on the ultimate doggie vacay all weekend.

IMG_3719

IMG_3722

IMG_3729

IMG_3730

IMG_3738

And, of course, I got to see my gorgeous pregnant sister. She’s 24 weeks not and has officially “popped.” Isn’t she glowing and beautiful?!

IMG_3746IMG_3751

I feel like I never have the opportunity to use my “fancy” camera anymore. I kind of went a little crazy taking photos this weekend.

IMG_3757

How could I not when I have so many gorgeous subjects to take photos of?

IMG_3759

Hi Spaught!

I slept in on Saturday and had a great 6 mile run on Sunday. I did the first 3 miles with Maddie and the last 3 miles with Kelly. She’s running 3 days a week now and averages 3-4 miles each run. She kept telling me how “slow” she is now, but our overall average was a 10:00 min/mi pace, which I think is damn good for someone currently growing a person.

1922488_10104423642182453_3241187526038567726_n

We had our annual Easter celebration at my aunt and uncle’s house on the river.

IMG_3763

It was a random chilly day in Central Florida, but that didn’t stop us from enjoying the fresh air outside.

IMG_3772

Or the delicious eats!

IMG_3769

I made a quinoa salad with cherry tomatoes, arugula, feta, green onion, balsamic vinegar, and lemon juice.

IMG_3775

IMG_3779

My plate of deliciousness.

IMG_3783

IMG_3785

IMG_3799

The highlight of the meal was dessert.

IMG_3790

My uncle (the same one who made our wedding cake!) made amazing vanilla cupcakes with vanilla icing. It was AYOS (Add Your Own Sprinkles).

IMG_3795

Seriously, he needs to open a bakery. This was one of the best cupcakes I’ve had in a while. I devoured mine and resisted going back for a second.

IMG_3798 Screen Shot 2014-04-20 at 7.30.43 PM

IMG_3834

It wouldn’t be Easter without an egg hunt for the little ones.

IMG_3856

You’ll never guess where we hid all the eggs!

IMG_3857

IMG_3860

IMG_3870

IMG_3874

IMG_3882

IMG_3889

IMG_3902

IMG_3911

It was a great, quiet weekend filled with family and fun.

How as your Easter weekend?

1 Ashley April 20, 2014 at 8:57 pm

Your Quinoa Salad looks incredible! I love how simple the ingredients are, and the fact I can toss this together easily tomorrow 😉

Happy Easter!
Ashley recently posted..Deployment Welcome Home- My hero is home from Afghanistan!

2 Becky @ Olives n Wine April 20, 2014 at 9:01 pm

It looks like you had a lovely Easter weekend! You seriously need to use your camera more often, your photos are great!
Becky @ Olives n Wine recently posted..A glorious Easter weekend!

3 Sara @ LovingOnTheRun April 20, 2014 at 9:17 pm

It looks like you all had a wonderful weekend. Your sister looks so awesome! Glad you all got a great run and family time in this weekend!
Sara @ LovingOnTheRun recently posted..Boston Marathon Expo and Weekly Recap

4 Michelle April 20, 2014 at 9:19 pm

That last little guy, from that back, I actually thought “How did Evan get there?” Lol.

Kelly looks so great!
Michelle recently posted..Last Firsts

5 Hildy April 20, 2014 at 9:20 pm

Looks like you have a great weekend surrounded by wonderful family! Your sister is glowing! That’s awesome that she’s still running.

Your pictures are gorgeous.

Happy Easter to you and your family!
Hildy recently posted..13th Annual Bolt Run – Race Recap

6 Jojo @ RunFastEatLots April 20, 2014 at 9:21 pm

What a fun time! I spent today traveling back home after a week at Disney World. Pretty exhausted from the week.
Jojo @ RunFastEatLots recently posted..Weekend Eats- Eatin’ and Relaxin’

7 Kelly @ Kelly the Culinarian April 20, 2014 at 9:39 pm

I love Easter egg hunts!
Kelly @ Kelly the Culinarian recently posted..Our First Solo Easter

8 Emily @ The Swallow Flies April 20, 2014 at 10:38 pm

That looks like such a wonderful weekend! Happy Easter!
Emily @ The Swallow Flies recently posted..A Bridesmaids Moment

9 Caroline April 20, 2014 at 10:52 pm

Happy Easter! It sounds like you had a really nice holiday! I hosted a greek meal for friends from grad school, and I really enjoyed it! Today was a beautiful, sunny day in the 70s, and I spent all afternoon indoors!
Caroline recently posted..Bloglovin’

10 Runner Girl Eats April 21, 2014 at 6:06 am

What a fun day! I love the carrots in the centerpiece. Your sister looks great, and I agree, 10min pace is pretty stellar for two people!
Runner Girl Eats recently posted..Easter in three

11 [email protected] April 21, 2014 at 8:34 am

Who does Spaught belong to? I don’t recognize him
[email protected] recently posted..Long Run & A New Restaurant

12 Kate April 21, 2014 at 8:55 am

What a fun Easter weekend! And I love the pictures of all the pup dogs. Too cute!
Kate recently posted..What If Everybody Ran?

13 Teri {a foodie stays fit} April 21, 2014 at 9:55 am

Those boxers are gorgeous pups! I’ve never seen a black boxer! So cute!

And your sister seriously looks fantastic!
Teri {a foodie stays fit} recently posted..The Weekender + Plants Even I Won’t Kill

14 Kelby April 21, 2014 at 1:28 pm

Your pup is so adorable! And those cupcakes – they seriously look amazing. They’re making me hungry to dessert haha! I just stumbled upon your blog via Twitter, and I love it! xo Kelby
Kelby recently posted..What I Miss

15 donna April 21, 2014 at 7:16 pm

spaught looks like my sons dog, is he a pit/boxer mix?

16 Amanda April 22, 2014 at 7:09 am

I love the photos you take. They all look so vibrant and colorful- maybe I just haven’t seen green grass in 6 months. Spaught posed for an awesome headshot.

17 Megan April 22, 2014 at 8:01 am

What a fun weekend! Those cupcakes look amazing.
Totally random question– any idea where your sister got her jean shorts? They look like the perfect length!

18 Kelly April 22, 2014 at 8:58 pm

They are from motherhood maternity. I have two pairs in slightly different styles and they are awesome. 🙂

19 Ash Bear April 22, 2014 at 3:55 pm

Kelly looks awesome! I love Ashley’s skirt and that pic of you and Derek is a framer! Glowing!

20 [email protected] April 22, 2014 at 6:27 pm

I need to make a quinoa salad ASAP! Looks awesome! 🙂
[email protected] recently posted..My Health Scare Turning Point

21 Martina @ snapshotsandwhatnots April 22, 2014 at 9:44 pm

Lovely photos! The dogs all look so happy running around together – and how cute is your sister!
Martina @ snapshotsandwhatnots recently posted..Ohhh….yes please!!! April window shopping