Happy Monday

by Meghann on April 14, 2014

Oh, man, am I tired. What an incredible exhausting week of work. Thanks for bearing with me as I got through the first race of the season. It’s our largest event (and a local one!) so it always requires a lot of dedication during race week.

After a week’s worth of early mornings and late nights, it was nice to put my running shoes on and just run this morning. I’ve been doing a lot of watch-less runs lately, which really allows me to zone out and just enjoy the run. When your head is already going a million miles a minute, it’s nice not to think about pace, splits, or timing. It’s all about the run, simple as that.

I also finished the new Veronica Mars audiobook on my run.

VeronicaMarsBook

First of all, LOVE that the audiobook was read by Kristen Bell. She definitely brought the book to life and made it feel like it could easily be just another episode of Veronica Mars (if the show were to resurrect itself in 2014).

The book itself was also great. The story picks up were the movie left off, with Veronica settling back into Neptune in her new role as a P.I. The story does not add much to move the plot forward in the “Veronica and Logan” love story, but it still brings together all of your favorite Veronica Mars characters as they work together, just as they did ten years earlier, to solve the mystery of two missing spring breakers in Neptune.

I found myself unable to put the iPod down and can not recommend it enough to die hard Veronica Mars fans. I’m hoping Rob Thomas will continue with the series, as I’m already looking forward to the next book!

In other random tidbits of news…

• CONGRATS to my little brother Ben for rocking Ironman Florida 70.3 in Haines City yesterday!!
  • Does anyone watch The Mindy Project?! Why the heck did they bring Danny and Mindy together just to pull them apart so quickly? Not cool!
  • My house is a mess.
  • I need to start bringing my own snacks when working. I failed miserably at that last week.

1 Meghan R April 14, 2014 at 2:02 pm

I felt the same way about The Mindy Project Meghann, but then I read this: http://www.buzzfeed.com/jarettwieselman/how-the-mindy-project-will-rebound-from-a-game-changing-hear

It will make you feel a little better about things πŸ™‚

2 Caroline @ Fighting For Wellness April 14, 2014 at 2:03 pm

Agreed about Mindy and Danny- that was just a tease!!! Maybe they’ll actually put them back together in an episode or two? I really want them together though.
Caroline @ Fighting For Wellness recently posted..Carmel Half Marathon Training Week 13 Recap

3 Julie @ A Life Exotic April 14, 2014 at 2:27 pm

I think The Mindy Project is just trying to avoid “The New Girl curse” – that show went way downhill after Jess & Nick got together, even though it was what we’d all been hoping for! I’m sure Mindy and Danny will end up back together, it just might take a few more seasons πŸ˜‰
Julie @ A Life Exotic recently posted..My New Favorite Baking Trick

4 Amanda Elizabeth April 14, 2014 at 2:42 pm

I am right there with you girl! I had so many projects to do this weekend and none of them got done. It was just too beautiful to not be outside right??
Amanda Elizabeth recently posted..It’s Monday-Scenes From The Most Gorgeous Weekend Ever

5 Megan April 14, 2014 at 2:44 pm

I agree about the Mindy Show!! and then Nick & Jess the same night (although I don’t care as much about them anymore! lol). Okay that article that Meghan posted made me feel better. And yes, I think there could be good reason for the breakup.
Megan recently posted..Sausage Balls

6 Lys April 14, 2014 at 2:59 pm

I completely agree about the Mindy & Danny dating thing!
I think it was just a way to keep viewers hooked while they were on hiatus!
Lys recently posted..Mom’s Choclate Chip Cookies

7 Jojo @ RunFastEatLots April 14, 2014 at 3:08 pm

Haha I’m exhausted from the weekend, too. And I am traveling all of this week. I’ll catch up on sleep next week
Jojo @ RunFastEatLots recently posted..Weekend Eats and Cherry Blossoms

8 Emily @ The Swallow Flies April 14, 2014 at 3:32 pm

I STILL have not seen the Veronica Mars movie! I’m dying! I almost bought the book last weekend but didn’t do that either. Ugh. I’m a horrible fan.
Emily @ The Swallow Flies recently posted..Ladies’ Weekend + A Giveaway

9 Chelsea April 14, 2014 at 3:38 pm

Is the Veronica Mars book available through Audible.com? I have a few credits and could totally use one on that! Right now I’m listening to “Gone Girl” – so good, but SUPER long for my first audiobook ever.

10 Meghann April 21, 2014 at 7:28 am

Yep! That’s where I got it.

11 Michelle @ A Healthy Mrs April 14, 2014 at 4:09 pm

Hope this week is a bit easier on you! πŸ™‚
Michelle @ A Healthy Mrs recently posted..Weekend Update

12 Sara @ LovingOnTheRun April 14, 2014 at 4:55 pm

I feel you on the exhausted part! I feel like I have a million things to do and this week is not slowing down anytime soon!
Sara @ LovingOnTheRun recently posted..Stop Talking and Make it Happen

13 Allie April 14, 2014 at 9:32 pm

Hey Meghann! I will have to listen to the Veronica Mars book – I am a huge fan. I have already watched the movie twice —- soooo happy Logan and Veronica ended up together!
Are you going to be at the Seattle Iron Girl this year?

14 Runner Girl Eats April 15, 2014 at 5:57 am

I’m with you on the Mindy Project. I don’t get it! Glad that you survived your first race πŸ™‚
Runner Girl Eats recently posted..How did we get here?

15 Tina Muir April 15, 2014 at 7:03 am

I am hearing a lot about listening to audiobooks, that is pretty cool. I cant really imagine how it would work, but maybe it is one of those “dont knock it till you try it ” kind of things! I cannot stand the mindy project so I am afraid I have nothing to contribute there πŸ˜› Hopefully this week is less crazy for you!
Tina Muir recently posted..Ignite Naturals Review

16 [email protected] April 15, 2014 at 1:53 pm

How did Ben do? Can we know his times?
[email protected] recently posted..Our Mexican Triathlon

17 [email protected] is Sweet April 15, 2014 at 11:05 pm

That audiobook is officially going to be my next running book!
[email protected] is Sweet recently posted..iPhoto Dump #2