Third Time’s a Charm

by Meghann on April 3, 2014

My third Stitch Fix arrived at the end of March and I have to say, this was my favorite fix yet.

20140403_184920

(Check out my first fix and second fix)

Here’s what was inside:

20140403_193758

20140403_193805

1.  Angie Tenessy Chevron Print Maxi Dress

IMG_20140326_073412

My stylist was spot on when she wrote “I know you love maxi dresses” (I do!). If it were up to me my whole closet would be full of them and I would wear nothing but maxi dresses all spring and summer. I just love how comfortable and easy they are; this dress was no exception. I loved the orange chevron, the soft cotton material, and the casual fit. I’ve had it for two weeks and have already worn it to work (paired with a gray cardigan) and to Disney for a casual day at Epcot.

Sangria

This dress was a winner and a definite “keep.”

2. Angie Allana Printed Mini Skirt

I have to be honest, I wasn’t sure I’d like this skirt. It’s not like anything I currently own and I wasn’t sure I could pull it off. However, it only took about a minute of playing dress-up in my closet and I was sold. The skirt is made of a soft cotton material that’s perfect for spring or summer. It’s also very flattering thanks to the elastic waistband that gives a little in the back. I paired the skirt with a long sleeve white cotton shirt, maroon belt, and sandals for work (business casual at its finest).

IMG_20140327_081052

Then a tank top, scarf, and hat for more of a casual look (planning on wearing this over the weekend).

20140403_185410

Keep!

3. 411Hawthorn Printed Dolman Sleeve Top

20140403_190132

Another item that surprised me. I’ve seen this style of shirt floating around, but have never tried one on myself. I braced myself for the worst, but was pleasantly surprised with how flattering and comfortable the fit was. I was also a fan of the length. The shirt was long and could easily be paired with leggings for an ultra-comfy outfit.

20140403_190151

Keep!

4. Kensie Jeans Kaleigh Ankle Biter Jean

20140403_185713

I’m still not 100% sold on light jeans. I like the idea of them, but I think they may bring a little too much attention to my “muscular legs.” However, I really loved the fit of the pants and thought they were really comfortable. It’s rare to find jeans that are the right length on my legs and hit my waist at just the right spot.

Keep

5. Zad Katelyn Layered Geometric Necklace

I’m a fan of longer necklaces and really like how simply and easy this one is. It works with almost everything.

20140403_185719

Keep.

So did you catch all that? I had a Stitch Fix first this month – I kept all 5 items! Since I opted to keep all 5, I received a 25% discount on my total order  (which is equivalent to receiving the pair of jeans for free!). Sweet.

What they say is true, the fixes do get better as time goes on. I think the trick is leaving very detailed feedback on why you liked and didn’t like certain things.

What would you have kept and returned in the fix?

1 Emily @ The Swallow Flies April 3, 2014 at 8:35 pm

Oh my gosh, I loved everything on you! I think my FAVORITES were the maxi dress (especially how you styled it for work) and the necklace. I’m LOVING fun accessories right now. Super cute!
Emily @ The Swallow Flies recently posted..Three Thanks

2 Michelle @ A Healthy Mrs April 3, 2014 at 8:39 pm

What a great fix! I particularly love the maxi dress – it’s super cute on you!
Michelle @ A Healthy Mrs recently posted..Cory Vines Activewear

3 Brie April 3, 2014 at 8:48 pm

Love everything you were sent! Glad you kept everything! That maxi dress looks amazing on you!
Brie recently posted..Spring Workout Essentials

4 Elizabeth {Positively Healthy} April 3, 2014 at 8:58 pm

Loving it all!! Really loving those light blue jeans as well! Are you able to find these pieces in stores?
Elizabeth {Positively Healthy} recently posted..Pinterest Wednesday

5 Jojo @ RunFastEatLots April 3, 2014 at 9:14 pm

I really like that skirt! It’s very flattering on you 😀
Jojo @ RunFastEatLots recently posted..Random Stuff from this Week

6 Stacy April 3, 2014 at 9:24 pm

Loved your fix! Unfortunately, mine this month (also my third) was SO awful, despite my updated Pinterest board. Check it out: seriously bad http://lolaandzoe.blogspot.com/2014/04/april-2014-stitch-fix-review.html
Stacy recently posted..April 2014 Stitch Fix Review

7 Kate April 3, 2014 at 9:25 pm

Love that maxi dress!! I think I may have kept it all too! Beautiful choices!!
Kate recently posted..3 Grain Breakfast Cereal

8 Becky @ Olives n Wine April 3, 2014 at 9:32 pm

I love the maxi dress!! I’m with you… I could wear them every. single. day in the summer months. They’re just so comfortable and easy!
Becky @ Olives n Wine recently posted..Why I {Kyle} am awesome.

9 [email protected] April 3, 2014 at 9:57 pm

Oh good fix!! As soon as Im out of plus sizes I am signing up!!
[email protected] recently posted..All Smiles Volume III

10 Runner Girl Eats April 3, 2014 at 10:13 pm

So cute! I love maxi dresses and need to find some that I can pull off at work this summer. I also love the skirt that you almost didn’t keep!
Runner Girl Eats recently posted..Wedding: Getting Ready

11 Anne @strawberryjampackedlife April 3, 2014 at 11:52 pm

Everything looks great on you! I got a dolman sleeve shirt in my last fix. I wasn’t sure about it, but it really is comfy and flattering. Plus, when I wear it, I around pretending to be a flying squirrel. 😀
Anne @strawberryjampackedlife recently posted..Two Year Anniversary

12 Laura April 4, 2014 at 5:31 am

Wow, all of those items look great on you! I love the maxi dress, so versatile! If only they would deliver to Ireland! Those jeans look great on you!

13 Danielle @ It's a Harleyyy Life April 4, 2014 at 6:50 am

Love everything you got!
Danielle @ It’s a Harleyyy Life recently posted..In Case You Missed It: March

14 Sara @ LovingOnTheRun April 4, 2014 at 7:56 am

Wow they really did an excellent job with all your items this month!! I think I would keep every one of those too!
Sara @ LovingOnTheRun recently posted..Exercises to Help Prevent Runners Knee

15 Lesley April 4, 2014 at 8:30 am

I think I need to invest in a couple maxi dresses for the Texas summer. I’m always on the look out for more spring/summer clothes.
Lesley recently posted..Weight Lifting

16 EB @ Running on E April 4, 2014 at 8:37 am

Love the maxi dress! It looks perfect on you!
EB @ Running on E recently posted..Ragnar Trails Atlanta Preview

17 Chelsea @ Designs on Dinner April 4, 2014 at 9:22 am

Everything looks great on you! I plan on wearing maxi dresses and maxi skirts all summer. No shame.
Chelsea @ Designs on Dinner recently posted..First Cookout

18 Emily:2:design:cents April 4, 2014 at 11:02 am

Everythings cute on you! Love how you styled the dress and skirt!
Emily:2:design:cents recently posted..What to wear this weekend

19 Amber @ Busy, Bold, Blessed April 4, 2014 at 12:46 pm

I just had my first fix recently and it wasn’t such a hit. I know it should get better with time, so I’m trying to keep an open mind!
Amber @ Busy, Bold, Blessed recently posted..Handstands & a Sick Day

20 [email protected] April 4, 2014 at 1:23 pm
21 Natalie @ Free Range Human April 4, 2014 at 1:39 pm

I’ve tried Stitch Fix three times, and I didn’t have much success with any of the boxes. This fix makes me want to give it another try. Love that skirt!
Natalie @ Free Range Human recently posted..Mental Game: A Race Recap!

22 Ashley April 4, 2014 at 1:56 pm

5 for 5! WIN for Stich fix!

23 Sarah April 4, 2014 at 10:40 pm

i just ordered my first stitch fix! my main comment was that i’m really horrible at picking out clothing that looks good on my very petite figure..heeeelp! 🙂
Sarah recently posted..Eat, Bike, Run, Eat, Swim, Eat

24 Elaine April 5, 2014 at 3:03 pm

I love everything too but especially that maxi dress!!
Elaine recently posted..15 Months and Just Keeps Growing.

25 melissa @fitnessnycblog April 5, 2014 at 4:19 pm

Nice! My third stitch fix is scheduled, so I’m hoping to have the same success. The jeans are crazy flattering. The maxi dress is great. Do you mind that it’s a lot like the other black and white maxi they sent you?
melissa @fitnessnycblog recently posted..4 NYC Workouts I Want to Try

26 Sarahf April 5, 2014 at 7:40 pm

I love that Maxi dress, it looks so good on you! I would have kept everything, especially as the jeans ended up being free, great if you’re not 100% on them! I’m struggling with the smart but not to smart, but appropriate for Japan dress code at my workplace, I wish Stitch Fix shipped internationally, I could really do with the help!

27 Stuti April 6, 2014 at 1:32 pm

I’m getting my first stitch fix this week and after seeing all of your awesome clothes for this one I’m super excited!

28 Theodora April 6, 2014 at 9:14 pm

I got Kensie jeans in my last fix that I really like, too! I was shocked – what are the odds a pair of jeans out of a box actually fit you!?
Theodora recently posted..Coming Full Circle

29 Megan April 14, 2014 at 11:22 pm

Amazing!!! 1/2 as lucky as you this month.

30 Julie April 24, 2014 at 1:27 pm

I got that chevron shirt in one of my fixes and love it!