more ยป" />

Veggie Delivery

by Meghann on March 19, 2014

Happy National Free Iced Coffee Day!

DunkinDonutsIcedCoffee

I’m not normally a Dunkin Donuts fan, but offer me free iced coffee and I’m there in a heartbeat. It’s a good thing I went, too, because Dunkin Donuts may have just changed my opinion on they’re iced coffee. Did you know Dunkin Donuts offers free unsweetened flavor shots? I got mine with a coconut/cinnamon combo and it was amazing. Now I’m determined to return and try all of them (only next time I’ll request to go lighter on the cream – wow, that was a creamy drink).

Anyone else take advantage of Free Iced Coffee Day at Dunkin Donuts?

Derek and I joined a co-op with Tampa Bay Organics about a month ago through my office. They set a table up during lunch and it didn’t take much convincing to register. It’s something I had been considering for a while and they made it extra convenient having the boxes delivered right to the office.

IMG_3395

I signed us up for the biweekly “medium box” of fruits and veggies. Every Friday I receive an email with next week’s shipment details. If I don’t like an item, I have the option to switch it out for something else. I also have a “don’t send” list with items that are permanently ย removed from my boxes. We can also opt out of that week’s shipment, or request in (since we only receive one every other week).

IMG_3398

This week marks our third shipment and so far I’m a fan. I registered because I wanted to branch out of the my normal fruit and veggie routine. I thought the box would help me mix-it-up a bit. I haven’t received as many “crazy” vegetables as I was hoping, but it’s enough to get me to branch out a bit.

IMG_3399

Last week’s veggie-licious meal featured beets, rainbow carrots, apple, and red potatoes straight from the box.

IMG_3413

So good!

Have you ever been a part of a co-op? What did you think?

1 Victoria March 19, 2014 at 9:51 pm

I LOVE my veggie delivery! They offer vegetables that I wouldn’t necessarily get on my own, and that forces me to experiment.

Also, that way, I’m not hauling heavy bags of groceries home from the store.
Victoria recently posted..Annapolis Half Marathon Prelude

2 [email protected] March 19, 2014 at 9:55 pm
3 Megan @ megan mumbles March 19, 2014 at 10:19 pm

I’m a huge DD fan and sadly have a hot tea from there every morning! I wonder if we have a veggie delivery service.. Hmm researching now!

4 Tori K March 19, 2014 at 10:24 pm

I used Tampa Bay Organics for several weeks last year. I was really disappointed with how few local options there were. I just checked out their website again and it looks like they’ve abandoned any claims of trying to source local produce (which is great, because at the time I felt really misled).

Anyway, the produce I got was definitely good stuff even if it wasn’t local and their customer service was great. I also liked that I could add on items from their partners (are they still doing that?).
Tori K recently posted..Plant City Strawberries

5 Cheri @ Overactive Blogger March 19, 2014 at 10:32 pm

Wait! I missed my free iced coffee? ๐Ÿ™ ๐Ÿ™ ๐Ÿ™
Cheri @ Overactive Blogger recently posted..Fabletics Clothing Review!

6 Sara @ LovingOnTheRun March 19, 2014 at 10:35 pm

Oh I wish we had one of these around here! I really want to look into this when we move later this summer!
Sara @ LovingOnTheRun recently posted..National Chocolate Caramel Day and Balance Bar Giveaway

7 Jojo @ RunFastEatLots March 19, 2014 at 10:54 pm

I wish I could join a csa someday. Just need to live in one place long enough!
Jojo @ RunFastEatLots recently posted..The Story Behind My Blog Name

8 Emily @ The Swallow Flies March 20, 2014 at 12:12 am

I’d love to join a CSA as well — but think I need to find a friend to split it with since I live alone. They seem like great opportunities to try lots of new things!
Emily @ The Swallow Flies recently posted..Hot Mama: A Shopping Spree

9 Mary March 20, 2014 at 3:15 am

I would love to try a veg box delivery, but my boyfriend doesn’t do veg. ๐Ÿ™ It’s something I’ll definitely consider in the future when we have kids though.
Mary recently posted..#UKRunChat

10 Runner Girl Eats March 20, 2014 at 6:40 am

I love the idea of a co op but have never looked into it too much. I do think its a great way to switch up the normal veggie purchases though.
Runner Girl Eats recently posted..Three x three

11 Amanda Elizabeth March 20, 2014 at 7:13 am

I’ve always wanted to try one of these in Tampa is this your favorite local one?
Amanda Elizabeth recently posted..Why You Should Never Give a 16 Year Old a New Car-Case in Point

12 [email protected] March 20, 2014 at 7:20 am

You just reminded me that I want to do a co-op this year! I love the idea of it but I know that the draw back is usually that you can’t have quite as much variety, I’d still love to try it out though.
[email protected] recently posted..What I Ate Wednesday: Itโ€™s been a while!

13 Amber @ Busy, Bold, Blessed March 20, 2014 at 7:59 am

I’m jealous of your coop. We did one last summer and we decided not to do it this year. We had to go somewhere to pick it up (which wasn’t terrible, but it sure would be better if it got delivered to us or my work!) and we ended up with a lot of veggies we just didn’t care for. I was excited to try some new things, but sometimes it felt like our whole box was just a dozen different types of greens. I love the concept, I just didn’t like the lack of freedom. If I was in the mood for a certain veggie, I couldn’t have it because we already had a fridge full of veggies I was trying to eat before they went bad.

Perhaps I’ll try again some day, but I think this year I’ll be hitting the farmer’s market!

14 Kelly March 20, 2014 at 8:54 am

I love my veggie delivery. Here is it is Door to Door Organics…not exactly cheap but convenient. Every week we get the small box and it’s perfect. The organic options I have in my area are slim to say the least so this helps with the weekly WF shopping trip.

15 [email protected] March 20, 2014 at 9:57 am

I’ve been intrigued by the idea for awhile, just haven’t taken the plunge to sign up!
[email protected] recently posted..Toe Cramp?!

16 Elizabeth {Positively Healthy} March 20, 2014 at 10:21 am

I would love to try a co-op we don’t really have a great one in our area, yours looks awesome!
Elizabeth {Positively Healthy} recently posted..TTT: The Biggest Tangent Yet!

17 Rebecca Jo March 20, 2014 at 10:23 am

I used to do a co-op & loved it… but they closed down. SAD ๐Ÿ™
WHAT? I missed a free iced coffee… dang it! Oh well, we don’t have a Dunkin Donuts anywhere near anyways… sigh…
Rebecca Jo recently posted..5 Useful Trips for a Stress-Free Destination marathon (Guest Post)

18 Amanda March 20, 2014 at 10:26 am

I didn’t know Dunkin did that! There’s one really close to my office so I may have to stop by soon.

I’m not a member of a co-op but I’m incredibly intrigued by it. Veggies and fruits are my favorite but I don’t buy as much of a variety as I’d like since there’s just me eating it.
Amanda recently posted..the one where I talk about food

19 Mandi March 20, 2014 at 10:46 am

I got SO excited about going out to get free iced coffee sometime today after reading this… and then I realized that it was posted yesterday and I missed the opportunity! Womp womp!
Mandi recently posted..100 Happy Days Challenge; 1 โ€“ 10

20 Chatelaine March 20, 2014 at 11:06 am

We’re part of a CSA group over here in Socal and I love it! We don’t get to control specific items. We do a small box every 2 weeks for my husband and I and it works to be perfect. We accidentally received a large box once and it was tough to eat it all before it went bad! I’ve had to seriously experiment though. Japanese eggplant, japanese turnips and this week sugar cane!! I’m going to attempt to pass the cane through my juicer, without breaking it LOL

21 Emily March 20, 2014 at 12:27 pm

Sadly, we don’t have Dunkin’ on the west coast ๐Ÿ™

I used to do a farm box that was delivered to my office, and I loved it! Fresh, organic produce and always something a little fun to figure out what to do with (sunchokes, anyone?)
Emily recently posted..Back in the Blog Thing

22 joelle (on a pink typewriter) March 20, 2014 at 1:12 pm

There’s a couple in Vegas actually, and one juuuust opened by where I live in San Diego, in case you’re ever in those areas! ๐Ÿ™‚

23 joelle (on a pink typewriter) March 20, 2014 at 1:11 pm

This reminds me.. they JUST opened up a Dunkin here in San Diego and people are going nuts for it! I used to live on the east coast so I’m very familiar with their delish iced coffees… glad to hear about the sugar free options now though!
joelle (on a pink typewriter) recently posted..Haute Cakes For Breakfast

24 Chelsea @ Designs on Dinner March 20, 2014 at 1:33 pm

I’ve considered joining a CSA, but I looooove going to the Farmer’s Market to pick out veggies, so I have to stick with that!
Chelsea @ Designs on Dinner recently posted..Sandwich Week

25 Ashley March 20, 2014 at 2:18 pm

The husband and I used to do a co-op when we were in Chicago and LOVED it. Ours also included a little recipe with every item the box included, which I loved. It really helped us branch out, not only with ingredients but with recipes!

26 Caroline March 20, 2014 at 6:45 pm

There’s not a Dunkin Donuts by me but I really wish that there was one! I love their flavors, especially the almond flavoring.
Caroline recently posted..Thankful Thursday!

27 [email protected] March 21, 2014 at 12:16 am

I have never been part of a co-op but have been researching them for a magazine article I am working on. Sounds like a good idea though! Not a fan of coffee or iced coffee but our local Ritas Italian ice usually gives out free Italian ices on the first day of Spring. (I still didn’t go there either though). Happy spring!
[email protected] recently posted..Shamrock Marathon: Do Pacers Really Help You?

28 Chris March 22, 2014 at 6:48 am

Those veggie deliveries can be pretty convenient. Sometimes it works out in such a way that because Iโ€™ve got the fruits and the greens available and ready, it sort of prompts me to put together something healthy for dinner or some midnight snack.

29 Shiv Sharma March 25, 2014 at 6:54 am

I love it. Delicious food. All vegetables helps our health to be in fit and fight against diseases. Maintaining good food keeps health good for longer days.

30 Macy Mae Rivers March 28, 2014 at 2:03 pm

Wow! Seriously? It’s like healthy stuff delivered directly right at your doorstep! I really love how people do marketing nowadays. But anyway, I need to check if there’s an available veggie delivery right here on our place. P.S. I love Dunkin Donuts slush too, and its my 3rd time this week to visit their store. I hope that there’s also an International Free Iced tea too (not a coffee lover here). hahaha Thanks a lot for sharing this! =)