I Want My Hour Back

by Meghann on March 9, 2014

I saw the status update on Facebook and had to steal it. Sure, I’ll admit to currently enjoying that extra hour of sunshine, but my whole Sunday was definitely thrown off thanks to losing that lonely hour.

Per usual, Maddie was right at my feet this morning, trying to wake me up and take her out. I thought I had set my alarm for 7:00am the night before, so I told her to hold off for the alarm. When I saw how bright the sun was shinning outside, I decided to casually check my phone and was stunned to see it read 9:15am. What? When did it get to be that late?

Missing my alarm – and losing that hour – definitely sucked. I had planned to drive to a nearby trail for an 8 mile run, but thanks to the late time, I decided to run in my neighborhood and cut it to 5 miles. I didn’t return from my run until close to 10:30 and didn’t sit down to eat breakfast until close to 11:00 – definitely a late morning for us!

The morning got better. After breakfast, Derek and I hightailed it over to the Baums to snuggle with this little cutie.

1376334_10104269315738883_830843355_n

Could Grant be any cuter?! Seriously. Those lips. I die!  I’m not sure how Mary can do anything else but stare at him all day.

I was honored to meet baby Grant in the hospital last weekend and couldn’t wait to hold him again. We sat and snuggled for a good thirty minutes today. Definitely got my Grant fix in.

holdingababy

Mommy and Daddy (Mary and Marcus) are doing well. Derek and I arrived with large coffees in hand (that’s what all new moms and dads need, right?) and enjoyed playing catch-up with the new parents-to-be.

dereknotseriousbaby

Derek refuses to take serious photos. Sigh.

And speaking of babies… we received some pretty exciting news last week – my sister’s having a boy!

itsaboycake

We’re going to have a nephew! So exciting!

Of course, that means I immediately went out and bought everything I could get my hands on.

nephewonesies

I’m not the only one, my sister-in-law posted a similar photo on her Instagram account and I know my parents have already started looking into creating a “grandparent room” at their house. Can you tell we’re just a little excited? 😉

We’ve had some GORGEOUS weather the past couple of days. Maddie and I took advantage with a visit to the dog park, followed by a long walk this afternoon.

It was the type of weather that reminds you why you live in Florida. I had fun playing in the snow last week, but nothing beats Florida in the spring (remind me of this when I’m complaining about how hot and humid it is in a couple of days…).

dogpark

So that pretty much sums up my Sunday. How was yours?

1 Sara @ LovingOnTheRun March 9, 2014 at 10:44 pm

How exciting for your sister and for you! Love the clothes 🙂 that’s the best part when you have baby coming in the family – buying all the cute clothes! Enjoy!!
Sara @ LovingOnTheRun recently posted..What I Wish I’d Been Told When I First Started Running

2 Ashley March 9, 2014 at 11:24 pm

So much baby love! Can’t get enough 🙂
Ashley recently posted..Return Of Silent Sunday

3 Hildy March 9, 2014 at 11:47 pm

Congratulations on the nephew!! How exciting!!
Hildy recently posted..Festival of Fantasy Parade at Magic Kingdon

4 Mary March 10, 2014 at 3:19 am

I already have several nieces and a nephew but we recently found out we were going to have another niece. I don’t think I’d want to find out when I have my own babies but it made it exciting knowing what our sister in law was expecting!
It was super hot and sunny over in the UK too yesterday and I followed up a 20 mile run with a picnic. The only thing to do! 🙂

5 [email protected] March 10, 2014 at 6:37 am

aww, babies are the cutest! I chose the worst night to stay up later than usual, I definitely could have used another hour of sleep.
[email protected] recently posted..Weekend Pics (aka a bunch of food)

6 Amanda Elizabeth March 10, 2014 at 6:54 am

Wasn’t this weekend such gorgeous weather? Enjoying this running weather before it starts getting hot again!
Amanda Elizabeth recently posted..Weekend Roundup In Pictures

7 Jojo @ RunFastEatLots March 10, 2014 at 6:57 am

I went outside to enjoy the weather this weekend! Did an 8 mi run on Saturday and visited baltimore inner harbor. Sunday, I cycled 12 mi and ran a 5K fun run.
Jojo @ RunFastEatLots recently posted..Training Log 3/9 and a 5K Whole Foods Fun Run

8 Lesley March 10, 2014 at 8:32 am

I was thrown myself since I woke up close to 8. I had to take it slow with breakfast because I wasn’t functioning like normal, but yesterday wasn’t too bad. I’m feeling that lost hour this morning though. I feel like a zombie and it was pitch black when I was driving into work.
Lesley recently posted..Random Sunday Musings 3/9

9 [email protected] March 10, 2014 at 10:51 am

Such a cutie! I took my dog to the dog park for my sister’s dog’s 10th birthday party! Yes, we are crazy dog ladies!! Also did some yoga and foam rolling as I was sore from my brick workout the day before.

10 Renae @ MissFit Mixed Chick March 10, 2014 at 11:49 am

That baby is the cutest little boy ever. I love those lips!! He will be a heartbreaker.

11 Chelsea @ Designs on Dinner March 10, 2014 at 12:41 pm

Yay, a boy! How exciting for you guys!
Chelsea @ Designs on Dinner recently posted..Never Too Old

12 Sarah March 10, 2014 at 2:39 pm

Babies make everything better- glad you got some snuggles in!
Sarah recently posted..Fiction Books for Food Lovers

13 Jen @ Pretty Little Grub March 10, 2014 at 2:42 pm

That’s awesome news! I love that cool like my aunty sleeper. I find Aunty stuff hard to find sometimes. I already have 13 nieces/nephews with 14 on the way, so believe me I’ve tried finding that stuff!
Jen @ Pretty Little Grub recently posted..FYI Friday – Changing Food Labels

14 Elizabeth {Positively Healthy} March 10, 2014 at 4:50 pm

So exciting for your sister! Loving all the baby clothing!!
Elizabeth {Positively Healthy} recently posted..Weekend Recap {Trail Run, Indiana & Babies}

15 Martina @ snapshotsandwhatnots March 10, 2014 at 5:02 pm

I want that hour back too! I had a very sleepless night before my first half-marathon race and I really could have done without losing that hour aswell!
Love all the nephew clothes – adorable 🙂
Martina @ snapshotsandwhatnots recently posted..I survived the half-marathon

16 Michelle @ A Healthy Mrs March 10, 2014 at 6:17 pm

So excited for Kelly! 🙂
Michelle @ A Healthy Mrs recently posted..Weekend Update

17 Elisabeth March 10, 2014 at 10:22 pm

So excited for Kelly! Little boys are so sweet 🙂

18 Runner Girl Eats March 11, 2014 at 8:12 pm

I got married on Saturday so we definitely wanted that hour back on Sunday! Congrats to all the baby boys!
Runner Girl Eats recently posted..03.08.14