more ยป" />

Wednesday is the new Friday

by Meghann on March 5, 2014

It’s Wednesday! Whoop! Whoop!

Why am I so excited it’s Wednesday? Because Wednesday is my Friday this week (that’s a double Whoop! Whoop!).

Tomorrow morning I’m heading to Chicago to learn a thing or two about Aldi and see what’s cooking in their test kitchen. We have a full schedule that includes tastings, price challenges, and meeting with Aldi’s registered dietician and food stylist. I’m excited to learn more about the brand and report back with what I discover.

Do you have any questions for the Aldi representatives? Let me know in the comments below and I’ll be sure to pass them along. You can also follow the conversation at #InTheAldiKitchen on Twitter and Instagram.

But, let’s rewind – I’m going to Chicago!! I’m leaving in a little less than 12 hours and THIS is my packing situation.

image

Two things I’ve realized:

1. I have a Florida wardrobe. Everything I own is thin and airy. I could have sworn I owned sweaters, but I’m not sure where they are. Luckily a co-worker is letting me borrow her puffy jacket and I own enough boots to survive a week without wearing the same pair twice (I own 7 pairs of boots and no sweaters – yep, I’m an odd one).

2. I’m not a light packer. (I already knew this) I’m going for two days and I have 4-5 outfit picked out. I HATE not having options when I’m getting dressed. What if I’m not in the mood to wear that shirt when I wake up? What if I need to put on four thin sweaters to equal the one thick sweater I’m missing? I’m going to FREEZE.

On the plus side, I’m excited to see SNOW! I shall build a snowman and call him Olaf. ๐Ÿ™‚

Color Me Radย

Bam!

Screen Shot 2014-03-05 at 8.22.57 PM

Color Me Rad is returning to Orlando on March 30th and I’m all registered, ready to run. This is my do-over race since I had to bail in 2013. I purchased registrations for my sister, brother, sister-in-law, and I for Christmas last year, but wasn’t able to race due to a work event. They still ran and had a blast. I can’t wait to experience for myself.

Registration is still open for Orlando. Use the codeย MAMCMR14 during check out for 20% off registration!

1 Michelle @ A Healthy Mrs March 5, 2014 at 10:09 pm

Oooooh, fun! Have a great trip — safe travels!
Michelle @ A Healthy Mrs recently posted..All of my Favorites in One

2 Amanda Elizabeth March 5, 2014 at 10:12 pm

Have a great trip!! Chicago is such a great city and there are so many fun bloggers out there!
Amanda Elizabeth recently posted..It’s Not My Fault I’m Weird-I Get It From My Family

3 Sara @ LovingOnTheRun March 5, 2014 at 10:27 pm

That sounds like a wonderful trip! Chicago is one of my favorite towns to visit. Enjoy!!
Sara @ LovingOnTheRun recently posted..Moving Forward After Job Loss

4 Tracy March 5, 2014 at 10:27 pm

Isn’t Aldi based in Batavia, IL? That’s not really near Chicago, but have fun! We are supposed to warm up a few degrees!

5 Jen @ Pretty Little Grub March 5, 2014 at 10:54 pm

Enjoy the trip!! I just came back from Phoenix and seem to have the opposite problem, one million sweaters but not enough shorts!
Jen @ Pretty Little Grub recently posted..Hello From Phoenix

6 Danielle @ Long May You Run March 5, 2014 at 11:01 pm

Yes, come and enjoy our snow, and then TAKE IT ALL BACK WITH YOU!!
Danielle @ Long May You Run recently posted..Ode to Cottage Cheese

7 mindy @ just a one girl revolution. March 5, 2014 at 11:02 pm

You can HAVE the snow, us midwesterners are sick of it! ๐Ÿ™‚ Have a great trip!
mindy @ just a one girl revolution. recently posted..review: On the Come Up.

8 Kate March 5, 2014 at 11:07 pm

We are trading places! I am heading to Florida from Chicago for vacation tomorrow – SO in need of some warm weather. Be sure to pack a hat and warm socks if you own them ๐Ÿ™‚

9 Kristen March 6, 2014 at 1:49 am

I just went up to Canada to visit fam and while I used to live there, I’ve gotten VERY used to California weather. Oh em gee!!! So cold! But at least I was ready, just plan on lots of layering, cute scarves (my fav!) and buy a cheap pair of gloves. Good luck!
Kristen recently posted..Koalas and Kangaroos and Wombats Oh My!

10 Danielle @ It's a Harleyyy Life March 6, 2014 at 6:31 am

have a safe trip!

11 Ash Bear March 6, 2014 at 7:22 am

I wish I was going to be there with you! Have fun!

12 Molly March 6, 2014 at 7:37 am

Serious tip: spell her title as “dietitian.” You’ll gain major points.
You may see it spelled dietician because people making business cards, work badges, coworkers don’t know how to spell it.
We love when you spell our title correctly!! It won’t go unnoticed. ๐Ÿ™‚

13 Elizabeth {Positively Healthy} March 6, 2014 at 8:16 am

Have a fun trip! I can’t wait to hear all about your experience! So funny because when I went to Florida in January I thought, “I so have an Ohio wardrobe!”
Elizabeth {Positively Healthy} recently posted..Favorite Post of the Weekโ€ฆ TTT {Triple Tangent Thursday}!!

14 Lisa @ RunWiki March 6, 2014 at 8:16 am

How exciting and fun! I can’t wait to hear about your time with Aldi and keep warm!
Lisa @ RunWiki recently posted..Low Carb Meatloaf

15 [email protected] March 6, 2014 at 8:22 am

I’m jealous you’ll be able to get true Chicago Deep Dish pizza!!!!!!!!!!!
[email protected] recently posted..Ironman Raleigh 70.3 Training Plan

16 Kara March 6, 2014 at 9:03 am

Have fun! I love Chicago. Although it’s much better in the summer ๐Ÿ™‚ You should go to Lou Malnati’s for pizza if you can. So good!

I’m a light packer because I hate dragging a bunch of stuff around…but I ALWAYS seem to bring the wrong things!
Kara recently posted..Planting Seeds

17 [email protected] March 6, 2014 at 9:47 am

Have a great trip, stay warm!!!
[email protected] recently posted..What I Ate Wednesday

18 Tonya @Not Your Average Athlete March 6, 2014 at 9:51 am

I have an Aldi question. I do some shopping there but am weary of their meat. Do they sell feed lot beef? Are their chickens caged, and treated with antibiotics and hormones? I am very careful with my meat selection and would love it if they offered pasture finished beef and free range hormone free chicken.
Tonya @Not Your Average Athlete recently posted..Workout Wednesday โ€“ The Fartlek

19 Tara March 6, 2014 at 10:01 am

I have been seriously impressed with our Aldi’s. I just said yesterday I can do all my shopping there now. Big change from the Aldi’s I used to know. Have a great time. I’m looking forward to reading about your trip.
Tara recently posted..Rain {freezing rain}, go away.

20 Katie @ Peace Love & Oats March 6, 2014 at 10:09 am

wooohooo chicago! And you’re lucky, it’s going to be warm this weekend!!! High of 31 on Sat and high of FORTY ONE on Sunday! Haha it may sound cold to you but we haven’t seen a temp that high in months!

21 Katie @ Daily Cup of Kate March 6, 2014 at 10:43 am

Oh goodness, stay warm- its cold here :/ But have fun!!!!
Katie @ Daily Cup of Kate recently posted..Cyc Love

22 Chelsea @ Designs on Dinner March 6, 2014 at 12:32 pm

I hope you packed scarves, hats, and gloves! Have a fun trip–can’t wait to hear what you learn. I am a big Aldi fan.
Chelsea @ Designs on Dinner recently posted..Thursday Things

23 Ashley March 6, 2014 at 1:06 pm

Oh cool! Frugal Beautiful just wrote about attending this too! I love Aldi can’t wait to see what you guys report on!
Ashley recently posted..Remember that one time…

24 Ashley March 6, 2014 at 2:33 pm

Sounds like an awesome experience! Enjoy Chicago — can’t wait to read all about your eats, I miss that place:)

25 Betsy March 6, 2014 at 4:49 pm

It’s going to be slightly warmer here in Chicago this weekend. Hope you have some time to explore this great city!

26 Mo (@rushourunner) March 6, 2014 at 6:42 pm

I live in Chicago, and you are lucky because it’s a heat wave this weekend! (Meaning, it will be like 30, lol).

I second the Lou Malnati’s recommendation, it’s the best! And if you like beer or brunch or both, Revolution Brewing in Logan Square is AWESOME.
Mo (@rushourunner) recently posted..3 things thursday [65]

27 Scooby March 6, 2014 at 8:43 pm

Have fun in chicago! i love that city! at least that bike trail along the lake, go for a run on it for me! or maybe a few runs ๐Ÿ™‚
Scooby recently posted..New Balance 980 Shoe Review

28 [email protected] My Mile! March 7, 2014 at 7:42 am

So fun for you to be going to Chicago! I can’t wait to hear about your trip!
[email protected] My Mile! recently posted..Traveling on a budget equals more race registrations + Giveaway.