Burpee Sandwich

by Meghann on February 13, 2014

Happy Thursday!

How insane is it that it’s Thursday already? Man, this week has just flown by way too fast. I’ve been pretty busy at work lately and being busy always makes the days fly faster, right?

Speaking of being faster, yesterday was a run day at CrossFit. We had a timed 400m run as our skill/focus for the day. The morning class can be hit or miss in size, but yesterday was pretty good turnout with 11 (5 guys/6 girls). I’m so not a sprinter (I always get killed at sprinting distances), but was proud of my 1:23.81 finish time.  It was good enough to be the fastest girl, but I was still 5 second behind the slowest guy!

image

We finished the class with a partner 15 minutes AMRAP of 5 box jumps, 10 medicine ball push-ups, and a 60 yd shuttle run. It was the WOD that went on and on forever.

However, that didn’t compare to the toughness of Monday’s WOD. It’s probably one of the only WODs where I was *this close* to breaking down in tears in the middle.

• 25 burpees
  • 5 rounds of:
    • 12 toes to bar
    • 9 dips (bar or ring)
    • 6 power clean to push press 115-135#/80-95# (I used 65#)
  • 25 burpees

I think it was the heavier weight on the power clean to push press mixed with the high sets of toe to bars and multiple rounds trapped in a burpee sandwich, it just killed me (and I didn’t even come close to rxing!). My body was shaking by the end, I definitely gave it all I had! I was DONE.

I finally downloaded an app to track my CrossFit PRs and WODs. We have index cards at my box where we can track everything, but my card was always so disorganized. I noticed that a friend tracked his in his phone, so I searched the Play Store for “CrossFit APP” and downloaded the app with the highest reviews (WODBOX).

image

So far I’m a fan. The app probably has more functionality features than I’ll ever need, but for now it’s nice just to quickly log things in as I’m walking out the door. The app is so much more organized and convenient. And in case I forget to log everything that morning, I can easily do it later that night or when I get to the office.

image

So, tomorrow’s Valentine’s Day – is anyone doing anything fun? Derek and I kind of went all out for my birthday last weekend, so we’re going to play it low key tomorrow. We’re thinking it’s going to be a pho take out and RedBox sort of night. Anything worth renting?

1 Laura February 13, 2014 at 10:13 pm

Just watched Captain Phillips and it was excellent!
Laura recently posted..Krispy Kreme Challenge Recap

2 Cheri @ Overactive Blogger February 13, 2014 at 10:26 pm

If you guys have Netflix, Flight with Denzel is freaking awesome. The airplane scene in it is literally one of the most intense scenes I’ve ever seen in my life. If you’re at all interested in psychology or addiction, seriously check this one out!
Cheri @ Overactive Blogger recently posted..Why we Work

3 Cate February 14, 2014 at 12:13 am

Now You See Me is really great! Can watch it multiple times and get more out of it each time.

4 Amanda Elizabeth February 14, 2014 at 12:47 am

Yeah that’s awesome being the fastest girl!! I agree Captain Phillips was amazing. We are definitely staying in tomorrow and cooking a nice dinner….all the restaurants are so crazy on a night like this!
Amanda Elizabeth recently posted..Things I Miss From My 90’s Childhood + a Giveaway!

5 Runner Girl Eats February 14, 2014 at 5:27 am

We usually take Valentines Day easy…maybe make a slightly fancier dinner than usual. The thought of going out to dinner tonight makes my head spin!
Runner Girl Eats recently posted..That time that I had to work at the Fair

6 Maryann February 14, 2014 at 7:24 am

I just found your blog recently and have been enjoying perusing it over coffee in the mornings. The CrossFit sounds like no joke! I’m currently in training for the Atlantic City Half Marathon in April (turning it into a mini vacation) but when that’s done I have a friend pushing me to try CrossFit. I’m scared! LOL
If you like action movies Olympus Has Fallen was an amazing movie. No feel good girly snuggly Valantine’s vibe to it at all, but definitely a good flick.

7 [email protected] February 14, 2014 at 7:42 am

wow, that’s a speedy 400m run. Great job! I’m loving the crossfit recaps.
[email protected] recently posted..Snowed in for the Day

8 Sara @ LovingOnTheRun February 14, 2014 at 8:31 am

We are in for a pretty laid back Valentine’s Day as well! Enjoy your night at home, those are sometimes the best! 🙂 Enjoy!
Sara @ LovingOnTheRun recently posted..Five Things I Love (Valentine’s Day Edition)

9 eb @ Running on E February 14, 2014 at 8:34 am

Congrats on being the fastest lady! We aren’t celebrating until tomorrow, but we’ll just make a nice dinner at home. We tried to buy items for it last night, but a lot of the stores were still closed from all the ice and snow!
eb @ Running on E recently posted..Chocolate Island Boost Contest

10 Morgan February 14, 2014 at 9:06 am

I highly recommend Rush! My husband and I watched it the other night and it was really good. It’s not your typical V-day movie but I think it’s one that you’ll both enjoy.

11 Megan February 14, 2014 at 9:52 am

Lovee my crossfit app.. i use “MyWod”. It makes such a difference to track your progress and smash some PRs!

12 Ashley February 14, 2014 at 11:08 am

Monday’s workout sounds awesome! I’m definitely going to try that. Happy Valentine’s Day!

Ashley, Married to the Game
Ashley recently posted..“You Can’t Enjoy Life If You’re Not Nourishing Your Body”

13 Lauri February 14, 2014 at 12:31 pm

Laid back V day for me too at home….As far as movie recs – If you haven’t seen “The way way back”, I highly recmmend it! Great film, great acting and very entertaining. I also liked “The Spectacular Now’ although a little darker. “We are the Millers” made me laugh a lot too….

14 Elisabeth February 14, 2014 at 2:35 pm

I loved The Butler if you haven’t seen it. Rush also looks really good, but I haven’t seen it yet.

15 [email protected] My Mile! February 14, 2014 at 3:57 pm

We are doing the same…take out and Netflix : ) Perfect since we are exhausted from the week and it’s COLD out there!
[email protected] My Mile! recently posted..A corny question, flight delays and missing the long run.

16 Katie K. February 14, 2014 at 4:05 pm

I recommending Princess Bride – can’t go wrong with a classic.

Last year was corn dogs at Disney California Adventure, this year it’s a Red Box movie and food – not sure yet of what movie and what food, he’s picking. My boyfriend is a highway patrol officer and tonight “Jamzilla” starts and he has to work it (a major freeway in Los Angeles County is being partially closed for the whole weekend). I get him for a few hours tonight before he gets called into action. For the record, we’re both 100% completely ok with him working tonight.

17 Christina February 14, 2014 at 5:07 pm

YES get pho. I haven’t had it in forever.

Nothing today, but I’ll be going to the ballet tomorrow!
Christina recently posted..Review: Mrs. T’s Pierogies