My 2nd Stitch Fix

by Meghann on February 11, 2014

My second Stitch Fix is here!

image

Well, technically it arrived last week, but I needed a few days to sit on it and decide what to keep. Since everyone seemed to enjoy reading about my first experience last month, I thought it would be fun to share this month’s experience, too. It’s always fun to play the game of “did she keep it? or did she send it back?”
image

1)  Mystree: Bellflower Sleeveless Striped Lace A-Line Dress

20140209_131324

I loved the look and feel of the dress. It’s not like anything else I own and seemed perfect for future baby showers I have this spring/summer.  It’s also super comfortable. I do wish the cut and neckline were a little different, as this look isn’t as flattering without a nice cardigan to cover it.

KEEP

I already wore the dress to work and got a lot of compliments on it.

2)  Kensie Neal Sleeveless Cotton Eyelet A-line Dress

20140209_131743

I loved the color immediately. It was bright, vibrant and perfect for spring. However, it’s a little big and isn’t very flattering. I also didn’t like how the two dresses in the fix were similar in cut and fabric.

RETURN

Since the dresses were so similar, I didn’t want to keep both. I ended up keeping the striped one because I thought it had more styling possibilities.

3)  41Hawthorn: Milano Twist-Front Crew Neck Knit Top

20140209_132133

It’s hard to tell in the photo, but it’s a long sleeve back top with two knots on the front. It’s made of a really soft, comfortable fabric that’s very light and perfect for Florida “winters.” However, the knots are a bit awkward and pulled funny across my belly.

RETURN

In the end the top was just plain boring. I also have way too much black in my closet already.

4)  Just Black: Adorra Skinny Jean

(see photo above!)

When I first saw the long and skinny jeans in the box I was afraid they weren’t going to fit, but they ended up fitting like a glove. The material is slightly stretchy in a very forgiving way. Not going to lie, my butt looked hot.

Unfortunately the pants are cut for someone who is 5’10.

20140209_132215

Womp.Womp.

KEEP

Would I return a pair of pants that make my butt look great because they’re too long? Heck no! I can get these babies hemmed.

20140207_094331

Yep, already worn them to work and already obsessed with them. I may wear these everyday this winter.

5)  Bay to Baubles:  Elle Jewel Statement Pendent

20140209_131426

It just so happened that the necklace worked with all the outfits above. I really liked the bright colors and chunkiness of the pendent, it really stands out and can work with almost anything.

KEEP

I need more chunky jewelry, plus I thought it was cute.

So that’s this month’s fix. I kept three and returned two – not bad. I’ve already scheduled my next fix for mid-March and requested fun, flowy tops for spring.

What would you have kept and what would you have returned?

1 Cheri @ Overactive Blogger February 11, 2014 at 9:06 pm

Okay, my opinion means nothing, I’m sure, but keep that second dress! That color is great on you, and I don’t agree, I think it’s really really flattering! Just my humble opinion though, I will have to look into stitch fix myself!
Cheri @ Overactive Blogger recently posted..Things every bride-to-be goes through.

2 Michelle @ A Healthy Mrs February 11, 2014 at 9:09 pm

Those skinny jeans look great on you! As I was scrolling & reading, I saw the “womp, womp” and thought you sent them back just because they were long, and thought “NOOOOOOOOOO!!!” — glad you kept them! Hemming/altering is the best fashion secret! 🙂
Michelle @ A Healthy Mrs recently posted..Top of the Leaderboard

3 melissa @fitnessnycblog February 11, 2014 at 9:20 pm

I love stitch fix posts! It’s interesting that I’ve never seen two people get the same thing! I probably would have kept the jeans and maybe one of the dresses–depends on price. I love kensie, but sometimes the fit doesn’t work.
melissa @fitnessnycblog recently posted..Monday Musings

4 Sarah February 11, 2014 at 9:49 pm

Do you mind sharing prices? Just curious. Thanks!

5 Meghann February 11, 2014 at 9:58 pm

Items range from $34 – $88 from this haul

6 ess February 11, 2014 at 10:02 pm

thanks, i would also like to know about how much each runs, i might sign up!

7 [email protected] February 12, 2014 at 4:14 pm

I was going to ask the same thing. Thanks for sharing that!
[email protected] recently posted..Snow Ahead

8 Sara @ LovingOnTheRun February 11, 2014 at 10:41 pm

Love all of your keeps !I would have done exactly the same as you!
Sara @ LovingOnTheRun recently posted..My Running Story

9 Anne @strawberryjampackedlife February 12, 2014 at 12:13 am

I’m so sorry the turquoise lace dress didn’t work out. Like you, I immediately gravitated toward the color. I might have kept that one over the striped one, although I understand that fit was a concern. Those jeans look awesome! My third stitch fix is coming in early March, and I’m super excited!
Anne @strawberryjampackedlife recently posted..Two Year Anniversary

10 Alice Phillips February 12, 2014 at 3:44 am

Loved the color of the blue dress but have to agree that it did nothing for you. Love the jeans on you and the stripped dress. Very cute! Look forward to seeing what you get next time.

11 Madeline @ Food Fitness and Family February 12, 2014 at 5:45 am

I have a LOFT dress really similar to the striped one and LOVE it. It’s great belted with a cardiand statement necklace 🙂
Madeline @ Food Fitness and Family recently posted..Fashion Lately

12 Danielle @ It's a Harleyyy Life February 12, 2014 at 6:50 am

I love the idea of stitch fix. The first dress is cute. I also like the color of the second one. A good pair of jeans is hard to find so I’m happy you kept the pants! (:

13 [email protected] February 12, 2014 at 7:26 am

good choices, I love the jeans and dress you decided to keep.
[email protected] recently posted..Funny Search Terms and Another Treadmill Workout

14 eb @ Running on E February 12, 2014 at 7:42 am

Stitch fix sounds like a lot of fun. I might have to give it a try after seeing how much success you’ve had!
eb @ Running on E recently posted..Chocolate Island Boost Contest

15 Amanda Elizabeth February 12, 2014 at 7:45 am

Those jeans look great on you! I also really love that necklace 🙂
Amanda Elizabeth recently posted..Car Singing….You Know You Do It

16 Jenn February 12, 2014 at 7:57 am

I love, love the last outfit. Any idea where you got the red shirt?

17 Chelsea @ Designs on Dinner February 12, 2014 at 8:24 am

I would’ve done the same as you–although that black top actually looks cute from the picture, I can’t really see what was wrong. But the blue dress was too big on you. Love the pants and stripey dress, though!
Chelsea @ Designs on Dinner recently posted..Tuesday Things

18 Elizabeth @ Positive Change February 12, 2014 at 8:32 am

I really love the teal dress but I can see how it is a little big! I am LOVING those jeans! Are you able to buy the items if you don’t do the Stitch Fix program? I would so buy those jeans!
Elizabeth @ Positive Change recently posted..Total Body Workout {P90X Inspired!}

19 [email protected] February 12, 2014 at 9:38 am

Good call on the jeans. People shy away from tailoring and I have no idea why. A 6-10 dollar alteration can make a good outfitting stunning.
[email protected] recently posted..Snow Ahead

20 [email protected] February 12, 2014 at 9:39 am

*outfit oops!
[email protected] recently posted..Snow Ahead

21 Aishah @ Coffee, Love, Health February 12, 2014 at 10:17 am

I seriously love EVERY outfit!
Aishah @ Coffee, Love, Health recently posted..Conquering Food Fear

22 Martina @ snapshotsandwhatnots February 12, 2014 at 10:32 am

I love the detailed reviews you’ve given – I love the idea but I think the clothes are a bit beyond my price points right now – perhaps in a few months I’d give it a go
Martina @ snapshotsandwhatnots recently posted..Time to get my sewing and knitting back on

23 Chatelaine February 12, 2014 at 11:11 am

Great fix! I would have kept and returned the same items you did. In fact on my last stitch I got the SAME long maxi dress you got in your first stitch!! And just this recent stitch I got a pair of navy stretchy skinny jeans and I would have classified them the same way as you “OMG are these things going to fit?” and then ” oh yeah fits like a glove!” sorta like a pajama pant feel LOL

24 Megan February 12, 2014 at 11:23 am

I just got my second Fix and got a similar crew neck top. I had the same thoughts you did! Mine went back too.
Megan recently posted..The Calm Before the Storm

25 Amber @ Busy, Bold, Blessed February 12, 2014 at 1:28 pm

I signed up for Stitch Fix a billion years ago but I never actually got a fix. Just signed up for my first delivery, thanks for the inspiration 🙂
Amber @ Busy, Bold, Blessed recently posted..Let’s Get the Ball Rolling

26 Phyllis Strickland February 12, 2014 at 2:18 pm

I got my 5th Stitch Fix this month. I officially give up I often love the style and would love to keep the item, but the fit is just strange. Now and then the price is the deal breaker – I love the item but the price is not justified due to quality or I just do not spend that much for the item in question, such as $148 for a pair of jeans in my February 2014 shipment. I do not buy my clothes at discount stores, I shop at places like Coldwater Creek, Talbots, Chicos, etc.

27 [email protected] My Mile! February 12, 2014 at 2:59 pm

The skinny jeans and the chunky necklace for sure!
[email protected] My Mile! recently posted..3 AM has become the NORMAL for me!

28 Alissa @ Eat Clean Beauty Queen February 12, 2014 at 9:12 pm

LOVE that you kept the jeans anyway. I feel like great skinny jeans are SO hard to find and getting them hemmed is fairly inexpensive.. if you can part with them for that long! 🙂
Alissa @ Eat Clean Beauty Queen recently posted..Food for Thought

29 Mary February 13, 2014 at 8:48 am

I think you made all the right choices. I am really considering giving Stitch Fix a try. You have gotten some really cool things.

30 laura February 13, 2014 at 9:15 am

I love stitch fix! Would you mind sharing if you received referral credit and therefore received all this stuff for free? isn’t shopping so much more fun if you don’t have to pay for it!! It is AMAZING the number of bloggers that now get so much money for stitch fix based on referral credit. WOW! I know one blogger said she had over $500 she planned to donate! Did you pay for your first fix then had credit from there on out? I appreciate you sharing your finds! Those outfits look great on you!

31 Kelly Marie February 13, 2014 at 11:08 am

They sent some really cute stuff! I can not wait to get mine but freaking March 6th is a long way away. You look great and Ill totally take those pants lol. I’m 5’10”.

32 Gloria February 13, 2014 at 6:12 pm

I’m jealous, all of your stuff is super cute! I tried Stitch Fix twice and both times I barely liked anything. I put a lot of time into answering the questions and gave good feedback after the first one, but then the second one was even worse. Maybe stylists in CA just don’t know how to pick out stuff for a NY winter? Sigh.

33 Jamie February 20, 2014 at 10:45 am

So funny – I just got my fix in the mail yesterday, and I got the same dress as you! (The cream/tan striped lace one). I think I’m keeping it also – cute! 🙂

34 Natalie April 15, 2014 at 1:40 pm

I got my Fix late March, and got the same striped dress too! I loved it, but it was a little too small. I also got (and kept) the Just Black skinny jeans. They fit great! Very interesting to see what others are getting! Thanks for sharing.