I turn 29 tomorrow

by Meghann on February 7, 2014

So I turn 29 tomorrow.

Does that sound strange to to anyone else?

Twenty-nine

Ugh. That just sounds so… serious, right?

That means I’ll turn 30 next year.

Thirty.

That seems even more serious.

Better stick with 29 while I can. Got to live up that 2X while I have it!

So today was pretty awesome.

It started at CrossFit with back-to-back ladies (Diane and Fran)

b50766b88ff011e39da112d3c69b43b2_8

No PRs, but it’s nice to feel like I’m finally getting my fitness back! I’ve been feeling really strong at CrossFit lately, I’m happy with the direction it’s going.

Then my co-workers surprised me with a birthday explosion at my desk.

20140207_083922

So. Much. Confetti.

20140207_084030

There was also CAKE!

20140207_085207

In case you were wondering, the chocolate, chocolate cake from Publix is AMAZING. There were oreo crumbs in the icing layer in the middle – freaking amazing.

20140207_145735

After work I met some friends for happy hour at Fly Bar.

20140207_181444

Again, so much fun. I need to get to happy hours more often – I had a blast. It was the perfect way to end the week.

But, yeah, my birthday is tomorrow. Derek has something BIG planned and has the entire day blocked. I have NO IDEA what’s going on and it’s driving me crazy. I know we have to leave early, it’s outside, and I’ll be worn out afterwards. I’ve been really good and haven’t snooped at all. I can’t even begin to guess what it is – all the clue are so vague! What would your guess be? I’m clueless!

On another note, it’s my twin brother’s birthday, too. Happy Birthday, Josh! We really need to go all our next year for our thirtieth. I believe a Vegas trip may be in order. Yes, I think a situation where we both black out and don’t remember turning 30 would be best. πŸ˜‰

Any tips for turning 29? What should I make sure to cross off on my “need to do before I turn 30” list?!

1 Michelle @ A Healthy Mrs February 7, 2014 at 9:50 pm

Happy Birthday! Enjoy your day — and whatever Derek has in store for you! πŸ™‚
Michelle @ A Healthy Mrs recently posted..High Five for Friday!

2 Michelle February 7, 2014 at 9:59 pm

Happy Birthday!!

I’ll be 36 this year and I cannot wrap my head around it. For 1) I swear I JUST turned 30 2) I’m still 29 if you ask me and 3) WTF man, 36?? So yeah – 29 seems about right for you! Hope you have a great day!
Michelle recently posted..Current Running Essentials

3 Sarahf February 10, 2014 at 3:55 am

Me too! Somehow 35 was easier, but 36 is hard to get my head around. I definitely still think I’m 29! Hope you had a great day, Meghann!

4 mindy @ just a one girl revolution. February 7, 2014 at 10:17 pm

Happy, happy birthday!! And, 30 isn’t so bad! πŸ˜‰
mindy @ just a one girl revolution. recently posted..breakfast burrito quiche.

5 kirsten February 7, 2014 at 10:38 pm

I turned 29 on Wednesday so I am in the same boat! It’s not too bad yet haha. Enjoy your birthday and all the plans Derek made!!

6 Sara @ LovingOnTheRun February 7, 2014 at 10:48 pm

I can’t wait to hear about what he has planned for you! Happy early birthday!! I turn 28 this year so a year behind you but I can’t believe how close I am to 30!!

7 Nikky February 7, 2014 at 11:22 pm

I just keep repeating to myself, “Thirty-five, I’ll be 35 in five months”. It seems just like yesterday that I turned 30. One thing to cross off the list in a year from now? I can’t think of any, you have already accomplished so much! Happy Birthday!
Nikky recently posted..FitBit Force Contact Dermatitis

8 Zaneta February 7, 2014 at 11:42 pm

I hope you have the best birthday of your life!!! πŸ™‚ Can’t wait to hear about how you celebrate tomorrow!! πŸ™‚

9 Missy February 8, 2014 at 1:15 am

Happy happy birthday!! Just have fun πŸ™‚ that’s my suggestion! I love my 30’s (I’m 32!!) much more than I thought I would! I can’t wait to hear what your big surprise is! Have fun πŸ™‚ oh, and that cake looks delish!
Missy recently posted..A Peek Into 2014

10 Mary February 8, 2014 at 2:25 am

Happy birthday for tomorrow! I had my 29th birthday at the end of last year so am now heading towards 30…eek! Glad Derek’s spoiling you… I love a good surprise! πŸ™‚
Mary recently posted..The things kids eat

11 Amanda February 8, 2014 at 4:35 am

Happy birthday to you and Josh! It was so nice of your coworkers to decorate your desk for you πŸ™‚
I’m turning 29 this year too. I feel like age is a mind over matter situation. If you don’t mind then it doesn’t matter. πŸ˜‰

12 Carolyn February 8, 2014 at 4:50 am

One word. Baby!!!!

13 [email protected] February 8, 2014 at 6:44 am

Don’t sweat 29 or 30. Both awesome years!! Happy Birthday!!
[email protected] recently posted..Date Night

14 Danielle @ It's a Harleyyy Life February 8, 2014 at 7:31 am

Happy Birthdayyy!

15 Elizabeth @ Positive Change February 8, 2014 at 7:41 am

Happy birthday! Have a blast for whatever Derek plans!
Elizabeth @ Positive Change recently posted..Five For Friday + Olympic Themed Dinner

16 [email protected] February 8, 2014 at 7:48 am

that cake sounds awesome, Happy Birthday!!!
[email protected] recently posted..Let’s Talk Glutes

17 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More February 8, 2014 at 7:50 am

Happy Birthday! Sounds like you could be running a race? Or at least doing something pretty physical. Have fun!
Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..Lately

18 Becky @ Olives n Wine February 8, 2014 at 8:41 am

I turned 29 a few weeks ago and am dreading that whole 3-0 thang πŸ˜‰ Looks like you had a great celebration at work and I agree, happy hours are always the best! Have a great birthday!!
Becky @ Olives n Wine recently posted..Friday Favorites

19 Beth @ Running with the Sunrise February 8, 2014 at 8:44 am

Happy birthday! In my limited experience, things just get better in your 30s. (I’m 31.) Don’t fret too much about getting older. Congrats on your solid CrossFit workout–workouts that make you feel strong are the best. I hope you have a fantastic birthday and that you enjoy Derek’s surprise!
Beth @ Running with the Sunrise recently posted..Tips for Attending Your First Yoga Class

20 Silvia @ skinny jeans food February 8, 2014 at 8:45 am

Don’t worry about 29. You’ll be 29 for the next 50 years πŸ™‚

Happy Birthday!
Silvia @ skinny jeans food recently posted..β€œNo problem, Irish.”

21 Molly Rose February 8, 2014 at 8:50 am

Happy birthday M&M! Enjoy your surprise! πŸ™‚
Molly Rose recently posted..Naples Daily News Half Marathon

22 [email protected] February 8, 2014 at 8:57 am

I am 29 at the moment and even though I am not a partylover, I would like to gather all my friends at our rooftop for my 30th in May. I think that our landlord can’t say not πŸ™‚
[email protected] recently posted..Gym bag checklist

23 Lesley February 8, 2014 at 9:31 am

Happy 29th! It’s almost shocking I’ll be 30 on my next birthday too. Enjoy your birthday surprise!!
Lesley recently posted..Next Stop: Olympus!

24 Sheena @ Paws and Pavement February 8, 2014 at 9:51 am

Happy Birthday! Enjoy being 29 but 30 isn’t so bad, well I did just turn 30 last Saturday but still I have been looking at as a new chapter in life in a good way! Plus I am excited for this year because I am getting married in August! BTW thanks for the wedding timeline you have on your blog that will be very helpful to me!
Sheena @ Paws and Pavement recently posted..Fun Time Friday

25 Tiffany Dutson February 8, 2014 at 10:54 am

29 is great year, I ran my first marathon at that age!
Tiffany Dutson recently posted..Weight Loss Tips

26 megan February 8, 2014 at 10:54 am

Happy Birthday! Hope you’re having a great day!
Funny, I told my twin brother that we should do it big and go to Vegas for our 30th bday next year too:)

27 Stacey February 8, 2014 at 3:36 pm

Happy Birthday and that cake looks amazing! Enjoy 29, but don’t fear 30, so far for me it’s been fantastic!
Stacey recently posted..Things I’m Loving Friday

28 Afton at My Virtual Mission February 8, 2014 at 6:09 pm

Oh, you young’in! Remember, you’re only as old as you feel, and seeing how healthy you look, I’m sure you feel about 16! πŸ™‚ Happy birthday!

29 Lisa February 8, 2014 at 9:32 pm

Happy Birthday! πŸ™‚ My Birthday is in 11 days … yeah for February Birthdays. πŸ™‚
Lisa recently posted..Weekend Snapshots

30 Chelsea @ Designs on Dinner February 8, 2014 at 10:03 pm

I hope you have a wonderful birthday! Can’t wait to see what Derek has in store for you. And happy birthday to Josh, too!
Chelsea @ Designs on Dinner recently posted..Naan for Me, Thank You

31 [email protected] My Mile! February 9, 2014 at 4:19 am

HaPpY bIrThDay!!!!

I’m 33 and cannot believe it. I am excited to see what you decide to choose to cross off your list ; )
[email protected] My Mile! recently posted..I confess, I’ve committed Netflix Adultery…

32 Aishah @ CoffeeLoveHealth February 9, 2014 at 10:30 am

Happy birthday to you and your brother!! That cake is HUGE! I am turning 27 this year and I still feel like I don’t know how this happened… literally feels like I went from being a teen to an almost-30-year-old lol Hope it’s a great year for you πŸ™‚ xoxo
Aishah @ CoffeeLoveHealth recently posted..An Honest Post: My life, My love, and How it has affected my Weight.

33 eb @ Running on E February 9, 2014 at 12:55 pm

Yay for 29 for the first time! Don’t worry about the 30s. They are not that serious. If anything I think I like them more than my 20s! πŸ™‚ Happy Birthday!
eb @ Running on E recently posted..#RunDonna Update

34 Stephanie @ Whole Health Dork February 9, 2014 at 5:32 pm

I agree! I turned 30 last year and was just kind of “meh” about it. I turned 31 earlier in the week and it’s so much better. I’m starting to like my 30s more than my 20s. I have a better relationship with my body, feel much more comfortable with and in my body, know my body better, and in general feel more confident in myself and my abilities.

Happy birthday, fellow aquarius!
Stephanie @ Whole Health Dork recently posted..Friday Favorite: Greatist’s Parcel Box + Mini Giveaway