A Baby Announcement

by Meghann on January 27, 2014

Not mine and Derek’s, but a couple that’s just as equally cool…

905289_10104116985010883_843032982_o

My sister and brother-in-law are expecting! I’m going to be an aunt again! Woo hoo!

Yep, after loving and doting on 5 lucky granddogs, my parents are finally getting their first grandchild and they couldn’t be more excited. They even bought the baby his/her first outfit.

1743641_10152143102745750_1152908205_n

Baby’s first ski patrol onesie!

Kelly and Anthony told the family on Christmas eve. Kelly and I went for a run that morning and she was complaining about how slow she was, how much her boobs hurt, how tired she was, etc. I was completely oblivious to all her complaints and just kept running and talking. Finally she goes “Do you know why I’m all of these things?!” umm… “You’re Pregnant?!”

She told my parents later that evening with some early Christmas presents. My mom got a grandmother themed book and my dad got a shirt that said “Best Grandpa Ever.”

IMG_2721

Needless to say, everyone was beyond thrilled with the news.

IMG_2727

My little sister is having a baby! How cool is that? Kelly and Anthony are going to be amazing parents.

Congrats, Anthony and Kelly!

Ahhh… I’m so excited.

1 Callie @ The Wannabe Athlete January 27, 2014 at 8:23 pm

I am SOOO excited for them too! Kelly is going to be such a great mommy – and your parents are going to be AWESOME grandparents too! Congrats auntie!

2 Michelle @ A Healthy Mrs January 27, 2014 at 8:23 pm

Congratulations to Kelly & Anthony! And to you, too, Auntie πŸ™‚
Michelle @ A Healthy Mrs recently posted..Weekend Update

3 Elizabeth @ Positive Change January 27, 2014 at 8:32 pm

This was great news! I am so happy for your family!! Your whole family is going to be awesome!!!

4 Krissy @ Shiawase Life January 27, 2014 at 8:32 pm

Congrats to them!! They’re gonna be the best parents <3

…also, dislike these posts because hubs and I got married in 2009 and we're still kid-less πŸ˜‰ LOL. Really though, I love how they revealed and your parents look so happy, I can't help but smile.
Krissy @ Shiawase Life recently posted..Thank YOU.

5 Genna January 27, 2014 at 8:33 pm

Congrats to them!! That is so exciting!!!
Congrats to you to and Derek, Auntie and Uncle!
Genna recently posted..I DID IT!

6 Jen January 27, 2014 at 8:34 pm

Amazing! Your sister will be a great mom!

7 Rebecca@RunningFoodBaby January 27, 2014 at 8:36 pm

YAY Exciting news! Your parents must be over the moon πŸ™‚
Rebecca@RunningFoodBaby recently posted..Race Recap – MEC Race #1 β€œThe Cold One”

8 The Many Thoughts of a Reader January 27, 2014 at 9:00 pm

aww!

9 RunEatRepeat January 27, 2014 at 9:02 pm

Congratulations to her and her hubby!!!
RunEatRepeat recently posted..Skinny 7 Layer Dip for Super Football Time

10 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More January 27, 2014 at 9:07 pm

Congrats Auntie! πŸ™‚
Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..Mind Over Matter

11 Mrs. Swan January 27, 2014 at 9:11 pm

Awww this post made me tear up! They announced it in such a adorable way to your parents. Funny how she told you too. Love this post! (Jealous a little bit because mine are getting older) With our first we gave my in-laws a pair of itty bitty white booties with the gator logo on them. (Hubby is a fan. I could care less)
Mrs. Swan recently posted..Nailed it!

12 Becky @ Olives n Wine January 27, 2014 at 9:11 pm

I totally thought the announcement was for you, haha!! A big congrats to your sister – how exciting πŸ™‚
Becky @ Olives n Wine recently posted..Peanut Butter Cup Cake

13 Kara January 27, 2014 at 9:12 pm

Your Mom’s face is priceless!! So sweet. Congratulations!!
Kara recently posted..A Productive Sunday

14 Katie January 27, 2014 at 9:27 pm

Aww, congrats to Kelly! And you as an aunt! Maybe she’ll bring back her blog for baby things?!

15 Elisabeth January 28, 2014 at 12:06 pm

I was thinking the same thing about her blog! Miss reading that πŸ˜‰

16 miladybowen January 27, 2014 at 9:28 pm

that’s so awesome! I remember Kelly’s blog and I used to love it!

Give them my congrats!!!

17 Sara @ LovingOnTheRun January 27, 2014 at 9:40 pm

Awww congrats to Kelly and Anthony! How exciting!!!
Sara @ LovingOnTheRun recently posted..An Updated Strength Training Plan

18 Meghan January 27, 2014 at 9:44 pm

It’s the year of the babies! 3 of my sisters are pregnant. And will all be having 2014 babies!!!! It’s crazy!!! Best of luck to your fam. πŸ™‚ can’t wait to see/read the baby shower you plan for her!!!
Meghan recently posted..On to the next

19 Julie @ RDelicious Kitchen January 27, 2014 at 9:58 pm

Congrats! You’ll be the cool aunt!

20 Laura January 27, 2014 at 10:02 pm

Eeeek that’s so exciting! She is going to be so cute pregnant!
Laura recently posted..Weekly Workouts: 1/20-1/26

21 Cheri @ Overactive Blogger January 27, 2014 at 10:48 pm

This is so joyous! We’re getting married in August, and I never knew if I wanted kids. Whenever I read posts like this, it makes me so happy, and makes me want a little bun of my own. For now, I think I will stick with my little fur babies, but congrats on the new little addition!
Cheri @ Overactive Blogger recently posted..Wedding Etiquette Question

22 Elisabeth January 27, 2014 at 11:06 pm

So exciting! (Although I definitely thought it was you & Derek when I first read the title of the post πŸ˜‰ ).

23 Mary January 28, 2014 at 2:05 am

What lovely news! And a lovely way to let your parents know.
I’m going to be an Aunt again in August as well. Just before I get married, and one of my best friends is also due twins the same month. August is clearly the month to have babies this year!
Mary recently posted..This move is getting real now

24 Lisa January 28, 2014 at 5:29 am

awww, so exciting! Congrats! πŸ™‚

25 Stephanie @ Whole Health Dork January 28, 2014 at 6:44 am

So exciting! Congrats to your sister and brother-in-law! I kind of wish I could be an aunt before having my own kids, but seeing how my husband and I are the only ones of our siblings who are married, or even in a serious relationship, I think we’ll be the first ones.
Stephanie @ Whole Health Dork recently posted..On Mom Pants and Mental Health

26 Claire January 28, 2014 at 9:03 am

Yay congrats!

Also, does this mean that Kelly completed an Ironman while pregnant? Insanity!!

27 Lindsay January 29, 2014 at 12:25 pm

I was wondering the same thing!? If so…great for her!!

28 Kelly January 29, 2014 at 6:04 pm

I got pregnant immediately after the ironman! Since docs count your pregnancy since the first day of your last period the ironman counts in my pregnancy weeks. πŸ™‚

29 hannah @ palmbeachrunner January 28, 2014 at 9:23 am

Congrats on becoming an auntie!!! It is the best! (and I totally was surprised by the heading haha)

30 Erica January 28, 2014 at 10:57 am

yayyyy! SO much fun! And you’re going to be the best Aunt ever!

31 Ashley January 28, 2014 at 11:21 am

CONGRATS!! How exciting — and couldn’t have happened to a better couple πŸ™‚

32 Chelsea @ Designs on Dinner January 28, 2014 at 11:23 am

Being an aunt is one of the best things ever. Congrats to Kelly and Anthony!
Chelsea @ Designs on Dinner recently posted..Snow or Cold?

33 Natalie @ Free Range Human January 28, 2014 at 11:29 am

Congratulations! That’s wonderful news!
Natalie @ Free Range Human recently posted..The Long Run

34 Aishah @ Coffee, Love, Health January 28, 2014 at 12:41 pm

AHHH congratulations to all of you! I remember reading her blog back when she had one and before she was married- SO exciting. Congrats Auntie πŸ™‚
Aishah @ Coffee, Love, Health recently posted..Accepting My Weight Loss Journey

35 Caitlin January 28, 2014 at 4:01 pm

What a cute way to tell your parents and congrats to Kelly!!!

36 sara January 28, 2014 at 4:19 pm

are you next??? cousins need to be close in age!!!

37 Runner Girl Eats January 28, 2014 at 9:56 pm

I squealed when I read this title…you tricked me! haha congrats to your sis and bro in law πŸ™‚ So exciting!!!
Runner Girl Eats recently posted..Bridal Shower Recap

38 Stacy January 29, 2014 at 7:52 am

I thought it would be your bro and sister in law first, since they got married first. Congrats to them…the baby will be spoiled being the first grandchild!
Stacy recently posted..Graham’s Visit

39 Kelly January 29, 2014 at 11:46 am

Congratulations Kelly and Anthony! How exciting!!

40 eb @ Running on E January 29, 2014 at 4:26 pm

How exciting!! I can’t wait to be an aunt. Hopefully soon! πŸ™‚
eb @ Running on E recently posted..Krispy Kreme Doughnut Dare 5k Recap

41 melissa @fitnessnycblog January 29, 2014 at 10:48 pm

Congrats Kelly! How exciting!
melissa @fitnessnycblog recently posted..Circuit of Change

42 Reenie January 30, 2014 at 4:44 pm

Congrats Kelly & Anthony. Love Love Love that first pic….. made me tear up.

xo