more ยป" />

Whoa Baby!

by Meghann on January 20, 2014

Yesterday I had the privilege of attending the cutest baby shower for “Baby Baum“.

IMG_3050

Let me just pause a second and talk about how adorable Mary is at 35 week pregnant. She is seriously my pregnancy idol. Not only does she look slammin’ in that Anthropologie dress, but she’s still logging miles in her running shoes. This momma-to-be rocks!

Mary’s sister and sister-in-law flew in to throw the adorable shower in her honor. I wish I had half the creativity of her sisters – these girls are impressive with their party planning skills! All of the little touches were flawless and the “whoa baby!” theme was perfect.

IMG_3049

IMG_3045

Mary and Marcus are waiting to discover the sex of Baby Baum, so everything was gender neutral. I loved the yellow and teal color theme.

IMG_3046

The food was delicious as well. Homemade chicken salad, fresh berries, mini quiches, chocolate dipped strawberries, and fresh veggies.

IMG_3057

And you can’t forget about the cupcakes!

IMG_3041

And what’s a baby shower without games?

IMG_3059

We teamed up for the “Name That Baby Tune” game. The host would play a tiny clip of a song and we had to guess the name of the song and the artist. All of the songs had “baby” in the title, so at least we had that going for us. Unfortunately it looks like 90s and early 2000 hits were our specialty. We failed big time at more recent numbers and classics hits.

IMG_3067ย

We also played a game where the host would read a fact and we had to guess whether it was “mommy” or “daddy.” I was all set to put my Mary and Marcus skills to the test, until they started throwing out questions like “Who weighed more as a baby?” or “Who rode a bike first?” Yeah, we totally lost that one.

Last, but not least, there were presents.

IMG_3076

Is it just me or is it 100 times more fun watching someone open presents at a baby shower instead of a bridal shower?

IMG_3077

Mary had a photographer taking amazing photos of the events, so you should head over to her blog to check out more.

IMG_3052

We can’t wait to meet you Baby Baum! But do us a favor and stay in there just a few weeks longer. We want to make sure you’re nice and strong when your mom takes you to your first book club meeting. ๐Ÿ™‚

What do you think – is Mary having a boy or a girl? My gut instinct says BOY!

1 Michelle @ A Healthy Mrs January 20, 2014 at 9:45 pm

What a cute shower! I love the colors, and those cupcakes are beautiful!
Michelle @ A Healthy Mrs recently posted..Weekend Update

2 Brie January 20, 2014 at 10:05 pm

Love everything about this baby shower! Those mason jar glasses though!
Brie recently posted..Keep Moving Forward

3 Sara @ LovingOnTheRun January 20, 2014 at 10:13 pm

Wow the decorations are so adorable! ๐Ÿ™‚ Beautiful shower.
Sara @ LovingOnTheRun recently posted..3 Week Running Progress Returning from My Stress Fracture

4 Tracy January 20, 2014 at 10:55 pm

Such an adorable shower!! And I just wanted to say that I love your scarf!! Where did you get it? It looks so cute on you!

5 Elisabeth January 21, 2014 at 1:15 am

When I first read the title, I thought you might be announcing a little something yourself…ha!

6 Mary January 21, 2014 at 2:33 am

Love the look of those cupcakes! Very cute. The first of my friends have started having babies now and I had so much fun planning games to play last year. I’ve got another baby shower to attend in a couple of months time, this one for twins!
Mary recently posted..Jantastic Day 20

7 Runner Girl Eats January 21, 2014 at 6:20 am

LOVE the Whoa Baby theme! So cute. She looks incredible! I am guessing boy too ๐Ÿ™‚
Runner Girl Eats recently posted..What if I was a bombardier?

8 Stephanie @ Whole Health Dork January 21, 2014 at 7:04 am

Adorable shower! She looks fabulous and I’m so impressed she’s still running! Yes, watching people open presents at a baby shower is much more fun than at a wedding shower.
Stephanie @ Whole Health Dork recently posted..Quick Tip: Get the Short

9 [email protected] January 21, 2014 at 8:30 am

I love the theme and the color scheme! Mary looks great!
[email protected] recently posted..#Megsmiles and Weekend Recap

10 Jessica January 21, 2014 at 9:04 am

Mary is glowing! I am guessing she is having a boy too. ๐Ÿ™‚

11 Amanda Elizabeth January 21, 2014 at 9:20 am

She is 35 weeks!!! She looks absolutely amazing! I totally agree she is an inspiration and those cupcakes look delicious!
Amanda Elizabeth recently posted..Taco Soup Recipe

12 EB @ Running on E January 21, 2014 at 9:21 am

What a cute gender neutral shower! I totally thought you were making an announcement at first!
EB @ Running on E recently posted..Monday Motivation: What are you doing for others?

13 Elizabeth @ Positive Change January 21, 2014 at 10:30 am

I love the shower! It is just so cute! The colors are perfect! I am going to guess a girl! ๐Ÿ™‚
Elizabeth @ Positive Change recently posted..Running, Family and Work!

14 Dana January 21, 2014 at 11:22 am

Very cute decorations and colors for that shower. I agree, watching people open baby shower gifts beats watching them open wedding shower gifts!
Dana recently posted..Guilty

15 Natalie @ Free Range Human January 21, 2014 at 12:39 pm

I’m going to say GIRL, but I always hope for girls ๐Ÿ™‚
Natalie @ Free Range Human recently posted..Weekend Things & My First Rx

16 Mary January 21, 2014 at 8:18 pm

Thanks is much for being a part of such a fun day!! I can’t wait until the baby is here so we can see him or her dresses in that adorable monsters inc outfit!! So cute!!
Mary recently posted..Comment on Baby Baum: 34 Weeks by Tiffany Dutson

17 Nikki F January 21, 2014 at 10:22 pm

I love your hair that length! That is all ๐Ÿ™‚

18 Ashley @ Kick Ash Mom January 22, 2014 at 6:39 am

I read the title and thought YOU were going to have a baby! The baby shower was adorable and she does look awesome!
Ashley @ Kick Ash Mom recently posted..Grape Fruit Chicken Marinade

19 Annette @FitnessPerks January 22, 2014 at 2:31 pm

Cute shower! I loved both my baby showers–we got some amazing gifts for our little girl!

It seems to be the year of the girl (all my friends are having girls), so I say girl!
Annette @FitnessPerks recently posted..WIAW-A Day in the Life of a Mom of a Newborn