Friday Thoughts

by Meghann on January 17, 2014

1555564_10104079933407593_624206279_n

It’s Friday, Friday, Friday!

1.  I had lunch at a great Ethiopian restaurant with my co-workers today. It was a hole-in-the-wall type place that I must have driven by a zillion times, but never really knew it even existed (has that sign always been there?!). The food was great (we all got the Friday lunch buffet – so good!), but the company was even better. I swear, you take a group of people out of an office setting, and you get a whole other atmosphere. You also learn things you never would have even thought to ask about. Like about the time one co-worker ran with the bulls in Spain or another who learned to drive in Kenya or another who scaled a mountain in Iceland or even the hilarious college stories that had us all in stitches. We even all had great travel horror stories thanks to the amount of travel we all do for work.

It was a great lunch and I was definitely inspired to travel a little more and be a little more adventurous. Life is way too short to sit back and just listen to everyone else’s adventures – we need to add in our own stories. So I promised my co-worker that if I’m ever in Spain I will run with the bulls (he told me the “American version” coming to town doesn’t count because it’s “too safe”) and that trip I’m planning to visit Ashley just moved up the priority list.

2. I finished Allegiant yesterday. I swear, the books from the Divergent Series steadily grew worse. I thought Divergent was just okay, Insurgent was so-so, and then Allegiant I had to force myself to finish. I never fell in love with the characters and didn’t really care what happened to them in the end. Eh. I would recommend skipping the books and waiting for the movie (I’m still interested to see how the move turns out).

3.  I was going to blog about these amazing veggie tacos I was making for dinner tonight, then completely forgot to take photos of any of the process. I’m terribly out of practice with food blogging.

4.  Our Christmas stuff is all boxed up and sitting in the living room. Any bets how long it will stay there until we move it to the attic? I’m guessing it’s going to be a while…

5.  I’m so happy it’s the weekend. Cheers to long runs, staying in your PJs all day, and catching up on the DVR!

1 Michelle @ A Healthy Mrs January 17, 2014 at 9:05 pm

Happy Friday! Have a great weekend!
Michelle @ A Healthy Mrs recently posted..High Five for Friday!

2 Zaneta January 17, 2014 at 9:26 pm

Happy Weekend!!! I still have a few Christmas things out! lol… probably will be there till March lol…
Zaneta recently posted..Forget Goals for 2014… I have a DREAM!!

3 Ali January 17, 2014 at 11:35 pm

Traveling is the best. I hope you do get to go on some amazing adventures soon! Scaling a mountain in Iceland? Sign me up. Sounds amazing! My husband and I travel as much as we can, and we still never feel like it’s enough. It’s quite addictive. 🙂
Ali recently posted..Zen

4 Elizabeth @ Positive Change January 18, 2014 at 7:34 am

Happy weekend!
I love your last comment, half the reason I look forward to the weekend! 🙂
I am glad you talked about those books, all of my friends are reading them and not loving them very much, so I was interested in others opinions.
Have a great weekend and great long run!
Elizabeth @ Positive Change recently posted..Walt Disney World Marathon {Part 2}

5 Katie @ Daily Cup of Kate January 18, 2014 at 8:33 am

Mmm I love Lagunitas! I have all my Xmas stuff put away except a giant light up santa on my front porch…I keep forgetting about it!
Katie @ Daily Cup of Kate recently posted..Guest Post: Cold Weather, Sweaty Workout: 5 tips to keep you motivated this season!

6 Maggie @ Just a Couple More Pages January 18, 2014 at 1:22 pm

I agree with you about the Divergent series getting worse as it goes on. I wasn’t devastated or mad about the ending, I actually kind of admired her for making that choice, but the book overall just kind of wandered around I thought. I feel like I may have mentioned it in a comment before, but the Under the Never Sky series by Veronica Rossi is my favorite YA dystopian series. The third and final book comes out next week and I already read it and it’s amazing. It’s a 5-star series all around.
Maggie @ Just a Couple More Pages recently posted..Book Review: Wanderlove

7 Le January 18, 2014 at 1:25 pm

I’m so glad I’m not the only one that felt that way about the divergent books!

8 Stephanie @ Whole Health Dork January 18, 2014 at 3:50 pm

Uh! I was planning on reading the Divergent series after I finish the Game of Thrones series. I hate when a series does that! I kind of feel like that’s what happened with The Hunger Games (1 was good, 2 wasn’t too bad, and by 3 I was so sick of Katniss whining!). Maybe I won’t read it now…

I’m still finding Christmas decorations around the house after putting away the boxes! I think (hope!) we’ve found the last of them…

This weekend couldn’t come fast enough! Happy weekend!
Stephanie @ Whole Health Dork recently posted..Friday Favorite: Gaiam BalanceBall Desk Chair

9 [email protected] January 18, 2014 at 4:14 pm
10 Runner Girl Eats January 19, 2014 at 5:10 pm

Our Christmas boxes sat in the living room for about two weeks before they made their way to the attic. I’ve heard such good things about the Divergent books and was pysched to start them but now I’m not so sure…
Runner Girl Eats recently posted..Confessions…Bridal Shower Edition

11 Chelsea @ Designs on Dinner January 20, 2014 at 12:01 pm

I have likened the Divergent series to the Hunger Games and The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. I liked each of the first books, thought the second book was just okay, and didn’t enjoy the third book very much at all. Sad, because they all had so much potential!
Chelsea @ Designs on Dinner recently posted..Lately

12 Stephanie @ Whole Health Dork January 20, 2014 at 12:46 pm

Oh, I second Girl with the Dragon Tattoo! Great series! And the Swedish movie versions of them are also well done.
Stephanie @ Whole Health Dork recently posted..Quick Tip: Get the Short

13 Jackie @ MomJovi January 20, 2014 at 12:33 pm

Before you officially decide to run with the bulls, talk to me and Jim. He did it with a buddy about 9 years ago and does not have great stories from it. No one he knew got hurt or anything but it’s like going to Disney on Christmas … something only tourists do and not really worth the crowd. There are so many other, better things to do in Spain! Just my two cents!

But yes, travel, travel, travel, as much as you can! I did a ton of traveling in my 20s and was happy to take a few years off right after E was born. But now the itch is strong again, which is why we’re taking her to Costa Rica this summer for her first big international trip!
Jackie @ MomJovi recently posted..Disney Marathon Weekend 2014