It’s Friday, Friday, Friday!
1. I had lunch at a great Ethiopian restaurant with my co-workers today. It was a hole-in-the-wall type place that I must have driven by a zillion times, but never really knew it even existed (has that sign always been there?!). The food was great (we all got the Friday lunch buffet – so good!), but the company was even better. I swear, you take a group of people out of an office setting, and you get a whole other atmosphere. You also learn things you never would have even thought to ask about. Like about the time one co-worker ran with the bulls in Spain or another who learned to drive in Kenya or another who scaled a mountain in Iceland or even the hilarious college stories that had us all in stitches. We even all had great travel horror stories thanks to the amount of travel we all do for work.
It was a great lunch and I was definitely inspired to travel a little more and be a little more adventurous. Life is way too short to sit back and just listen to everyone else’s adventures – we need to add in our own stories. So I promised my co-worker that if I’m ever in Spain I will run with the bulls (he told me the “American version” coming to town doesn’t count because it’s “too safe”) and that trip I’m planning to visit Ashley just moved up the priority list.
2. I finished Allegiant yesterday. I swear, the books from the Divergent Series steadily grew worse. I thought Divergent was just okay, Insurgent was so-so, and then Allegiant I had to force myself to finish. I never fell in love with the characters and didn’t really care what happened to them in the end. Eh. I would recommend skipping the books and waiting for the movie (I’m still interested to see how the move turns out).
3. I was going to blog about these amazing veggie tacos I was making for dinner tonight, then completely forgot to take photos of any of the process. I’m terribly out of practice with food blogging.
4. Our Christmas stuff is all boxed up and sitting in the living room. Any bets how long it will stay there until we move it to the attic? I’m guessing it’s going to be a while…
5. I’m so happy it’s the weekend. Cheers to long runs, staying in your PJs all day, and catching up on the DVR!