A Day in the Life (1/15/14)

by Meghann on January 15, 2014

There was some requests to do another “Day in the life” post now that I’m not training for Ironman Florida.

Here you go…

5:30am: Alarm goes off. Wait…what? I thought I turned that off. Back to bed.

6:30am: Alarm goes off again. Time to really get up this time.

6:35am: Take Maddie out for her morning walk.

20140115_063804

6:45am: Play on Facebook, read Stephanie’s Walt Disney World Marathon recap (<– a must read! great recap)

6:55am: Hope in shower. Wash hair, sing along to Frozen, scare dog while trying to hit high notes…

7:05am: Put Veronica Mars on TV (I’m halfway through the second season – still just as addicting as I remembered it)

7:10am: Make fruit salad for book club tonight

20140115_072209

7:20am: Eat pre-made breakfast of overnight oats in a jar

20140115_073129

7:30am: Feed Maddie.

7:35am: Make lunch. Clean kitchen.  Quickly pack clothes for post-work activities.

7:44am: Blow dry/ curl hair.  Get dressed.

8:00am: Hubby is up! Remind him I’ll be home late. Give him kiss.

8:05am: Walk out the door. Get in car. Put Frozen soundtrack on for the 10 millionth time this week.

20140115_083131

Obsessed.

8:10am: Gas light is on. Curse myself for not getting gas last night. Why didn’t I get gas last night?

8:25am: Stop at Wawa. Get gas. Take advantage of 59 cent coffee deal. I mean, since I’m there…

8:40am: Stuck at red light in front of office. So. close. Take bored selfie. Admire hair in bored selfie (who doesn’t love a good hair day?). Debate Instagramming selfie then light changes.

20140115_083017

8:45am: Walk in office. Time to start working.

9:00am -12:00pm: Work, work, work,

12:15pm: Lunch time! Grab lunch from fridge and eat with typical lunch crowd.

20140115_122143

Today’s eats: leftover Publix sub (I ate the other half last night), edamame, and Seagram White Peach Seltzer (my fave)

1:00pm: Work, meeting, work

3:45pm: Eat 1/3 of chocolate mint Honey Stinger bar (I have a stash, I like them)

4:00pm: work, work, work

5:15pm: Head to office fitness center for the first time to change clothes. Surprise myself with how nice the fitness center is, why have I never worked out here? Make mental note for next time I need to use a treadmill.

5:30pm: Join new office run club for 3 mile run from the office. Reminded how much I love living in Florida – the views are pretty amazing.

20140115_175133

6:00pm: Leave office, battle Tampa traffic

6:30pm: Arrive at Mary’s house for book club. Change from sweaty clothes to comfy clothes.

7:00pm: Enjoy “brinner” with amazing friends. Thankful for amazing friends, especially ones that can cook!

20140115_190737

I totally make a doggy bag with leftovers for breakfast tomorrow.

20140115_191211

8:00pm: Discuss book I did not read (Sisterland), but still enjoy the conversation and listening to everyone’s opinions.

9:00pm: Give friends big hugs, head home.

9:30pm: Arrive home to hyper dog and nearly sleeping husband.

9:45pm: Make cup of tea, sit down to start writing this post.

10:30pm: Head to bed.

Good night!

How was your day?

1 Sara @ LovingOnTheRun January 15, 2014 at 10:31 pm

I had a pretty good day though I don’t think ti was a busy as yours! 🙂 Sounds like a full and great day!

2 Michelle @ A Healthy Mrs January 15, 2014 at 10:39 pm

My day was great, though not nearly as busy as yours — I’m savouring these easy days before everything gets crazy busy! 🙂
Michelle @ A Healthy Mrs recently posted..4 x 7

3 Pam January 15, 2014 at 11:00 pm

You had a busy day! I find it interesting that most people in the States start work at 9am, I live in Canada and eight is the norm up here! I worked, went to the gym at lunch time, worked more, then spent the evening relaxing and just finished watching Nashville 🙂

4 Christine @ BookishlyB January 15, 2014 at 11:08 pm

I’m impressed that you’re up nearly three hours before you walk out the door! I’m all about the morning sleep (which doesn’t happen since I have to be out the door by 6:30).
Christine @ BookishlyB recently posted..Forgetting What I Read: A Justification

5 Mrs. Swan January 15, 2014 at 11:20 pm

Mine is way simpler. Woke up on day off to find out I needed to drive to corporate office just south of Tampa. Drove for hours between that and other stops for work. To brother’s house to get my demon spawn as hubby had a volunteer orientation and my brother babysit. Then got home and did a bunch of cooking for the week after 8 pm since my day was spent in the car. (Tomorrow is my Monday) Good Night!
Mrs. Swan recently posted..Quickie before bed.

6 Runner Girl Eats January 15, 2014 at 11:39 pm

I had brinner tonight (bacon cheddar waffles). It’s the best. How fun that you have an office run club!
Runner Girl Eats recently posted..WTF?! Wednesday

7 [email protected] is Sweet January 15, 2014 at 11:42 pm

I watched Veronica Mars over the summer-SO GOOD!
[email protected] is Sweet recently posted..WIAW-Where’s My Protein??

8 Mary January 16, 2014 at 1:36 am

Your hair looks so pretty in that pic. 🙂 And what beautiful views you have in Florida.
My Wednesday’s are always pretty busy too. I head out running with friends straight from work and my other half heads to footy training. Neither of us are home before 9. Roll on the weekend!
Mary recently posted..Life as a moderator

9 Danielle @ It's A Harleyyy Life January 16, 2014 at 7:02 am

I do this all the time and I HATE IT—> Gas light is on. Curse myself for not getting gas last night. Why didn’t I get gas last night?

10 Amanda Elizabeth January 16, 2014 at 7:10 am

I do the same thing! Why can’t we get gas the night before? Publix subs are the best! Run clubs and living in Florida is the best 🙂
Amanda Elizabeth recently posted..Rediscovering Products

11 Elizabeth @ Positive Change January 16, 2014 at 7:54 am

Super busy day! I did a lot of cleaning (i.e. taking down Christmas stuff), working, and my first workout post marathon!
Elizabeth @ Positive Change recently posted..WDW Marathon Weekend {Part 1}

12 EB @ Running on E January 16, 2014 at 7:58 am

I’m so impressed that Maddie can wait for her breakfast. My dog acts like she is dying if she doesn’t get it after her walk. Big drama queen. Great hair!
EB @ Running on E recently posted..2014 Goals

13 MealsAndMiles January 16, 2014 at 8:21 am

We trained her to know she eats after we eat so as soon as she sees we’re done she starts going crazy for food.

14 [email protected] January 16, 2014 at 8:47 am

Yesterday I ran the fastest 3 miles I’ve ever clocked myself running before and I was pretty pumped, felt like a champion runner! Love those days!

I get up at 7 and am out the door by 7:45 to be at work by 8, I value my sleep and have a pretty streamlined morning. It also helps that we have a large fenced in backyard (with access to the garage) for our dog so she doesn’t need to be walked or anything in the AM and she just goes out for the day when I’m leaving.
[email protected] recently posted..Three Speedy Miles

15 Lesley January 16, 2014 at 8:49 am

I LOVE the Frozen soundtrack. I bought it the same night I saw Frozen and I haven’t been able to stop listening to it. I was so disappointed the characters weren’t on the course this past weekend, and then the line to meet Elsa and Anna in EPCOT was ridiculous 🙁
Lesley recently posted..2014 WDW Half Marathon

16 Wendy January 16, 2014 at 10:28 am

This may be an extremely dumb question, but that edamame looks so good – Where do you find it? Is it frozen and you thaw it? Is it bagged in the produce section?

17 Mrs. Swan January 16, 2014 at 9:52 pm

Publix and Walmart have it in the frozen food section. You just steam it and then pop out the beans.
Mrs. Swan recently posted..Busy, busy

18 Stephanie @ My Freckled Life January 16, 2014 at 12:02 pm

I love reading these day-in-the-life posts. Maybe just because I’m super nosy! haha. Your day sounds very similar to mine, except that I WISH that I could get up at 6:30. Sadly I have an hour commute, so I’m up by 5:45am and usually not in bed until after 11pm. Otherwise, my days typically look pretty similar!
Stephanie @ My Freckled Life recently posted..Boys Behind the Blog: Star Wars and Blues Brothers

19 Aishah @ Coffee, Love, Health January 16, 2014 at 12:39 pm

I love when you do posts like this, I love seeing how other people manage their busy days and still make sure to fit in health and exercise. It’s so motivating. Pretty pic 🙂
Aishah @ Coffee, Love, Health recently posted..What I ate on Wednesday

20 Megan January 16, 2014 at 1:03 pm

Why didn’t you read the book for book club? I think I’d probably feel weird going to a book club to discuss a book I didn’t even attempt to read! No?

21 Amanda January 16, 2014 at 2:52 pm

I would too! Isn’t the point of a book club to discuss a book? There is the social aspect of it too, but I’d feel weird listening to the discussion without knowing what’s going on.

22 Stephanie @ Whole Health Dork January 16, 2014 at 1:20 pm

I always find these kind of posts interesting when other people do them as well. Thank you for sharing your day with us! Good to know others have a jam packed day!
Stephanie @ Whole Health Dork recently posted..Quick Tip: Avoid Triclosan

23 Heather January 16, 2014 at 1:34 pm

Ugh. HOW HOW HOW HOW HOW do you get your hair to look like that? I have a similar haircut, and it NEVER looks like that. How do you style it?

24 Caitlin January 16, 2014 at 2:36 pm

I always enjoy these posts! Um that wheat bread/bacon/egg breakfast cup thing looks amazing as does that (savory?) scone. I am totally “guilty” of traffic light selfies too! I always feel the need, when I Instagram them, to clarify that I was at a light. I saw a girl once do a YouTube video WHILE DRIVING. Moron.
You should read “Sisterland”! It’s really good and I’d be curious to know about what your book club thought of it.
Oh Florida. That dusk photo just made me homesick.
Caitlin recently posted..Let’s Think-Out Loud (Let’s Think-Out Loud)

25 Kaitlin January 16, 2014 at 2:57 pm

Sounds like a lot more fun than my day! I do tend to wake up and watch the Today Show while I get ready – off to work – lunch with coworkers overlooking Central Park, subway to gym, hopefully a good class (sometimes run along the river), then dinner with TV and Kindle, bed. I love the idea of brinner and keep meaning to do that!
Kaitlin recently posted..How About Change?

26 Courtney January 16, 2014 at 3:16 pm

“Why didn’t I get gas last night?”
If I had a dollar every time I said that… I loathe filling up. I need a Linus (from How I Met Your Mother) for my gas tank.

P.S. Can you post the link for Stephanie’s recap? I’d love to read it!

27 [email protected] January 16, 2014 at 6:16 pm

My day yesterday was packed packed: I woke up at 8 and after breakfast/blog read/coffe I was out at 8:40. After 30 min train ride I got to the lab at 9:15 (cursing that I slept in again). I did a couple of small experiments and presented a paper to my coworkers (stressy, but good. We all eat together in our social room (leftover spaghetti this time). I kept working at the microscope till 6 and then I had career advise group meeting (also had to prepare some food for it: frozen mini pizzas). We finished the meeting at 8, but I missed my train, so I was back home at 9:15. My boyfriend and I watched first episode of The Wire, and I was in bed at 11:30, exausted, without meal prep for tomorrow
[email protected] recently posted..Grandma’s frame remake

28 Sarah January 16, 2014 at 9:30 pm

Did u take a second shower? Just curious – as someone who works out after work, I take two showers a day quite often

Love these posts!

29 Meghann January 16, 2014 at 9:36 pm

I did not. But I did have a good rub down with baby wipes after my run.

30 [email protected] January 16, 2014 at 10:10 pm

Hahahaha I ALWAYS curse myself for not filling up the night before. And Im dying to see Frozen!
[email protected] recently posted..Show Me Your Shamrocks

31 Stephanie January 17, 2014 at 2:16 pm

Thanks so much for the shout out 🙂 Meanwhile, I think I need to get into this Frozen thing. Am I the only one left who has not seen it or listened to the music? Eek! Project for this weekend!
Stephanie recently posted..When a moment changes your life forever

32 Diana January 17, 2014 at 10:06 pm

Book club looks like a great time. And the brinner looks even better!
Diana recently posted..Friday faves