Game Day

by Meghann on January 6, 2014

Happy Monday!

Do you know what today is?! It’s GAME DAY!

20b9ac90773211e394ab12b85b0294e5_8

Not just any game, THE BCS NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP game!

1495219_692741807436785_2088577439_o

I am so darn proud of my Seminoles. So freakin’ proud.

A little fun fact, I’ve been a fan of FSU since I was 9.

Ben's album 010

I think it was a teacher that originally made me a fan, but it’s definitely something that’s stuck with me for almost 20 years.

DSC00652

When it came time to apply for colleges, there was no question where I wanted to go. I only applied to two schools and FSU was always my number one choice. During my four years there I had the time of my life making amazing friends, attending football games, and meeting my husband.

Side note: on my wedding day I included “always cheer for the FSU Seminoles” in my wedding vows

So, yeah, FSU holds a special place in my heart. The Seminoles have had an amazing season and this will simply be icing on the cake.

100_1814

Scalp ‘em Seminoles!

Veronica Mars

Have you seen the Veronica Mars trailer?

I was OBSESSED with this show in college and am super pumped for this movie. My goal is to re-watch the entire series before the movie comes out on March 14.

veronicamarsdvd

I almost forgot I owned the series because, well, who owns series on DVD anymore? Clearly these were purchased a while ago. Good thing I own them though because Veronica Mars is sadly not available on NetFlix Instant Play. I actually had Derek hook up the DVD player in the bedroom so I could overdose on Veronica Mars while he watched football in the living room. I forgot how addicting the show is (and how much I loved Veronica and Logan together). It only took one weekend to make it through the first season on DVD. Clearly it was a productive weekend.

Anniversary Celebrations

Thank you for all of your well wishes, Derek and I had a wonderful first anniversary yesterday. Our big gift to each other was the trip to the Florida Keys last week, so we were looking forward to spending our actual anniversary at home. We had breakfast with his parents in the morning, then a nice dinner at Ruth’s Chris at night.

20140105_184810

Oh, man. What a meal. I’m not usually a steak eater, but when it’s a good steak I’m all over it. My ribeye was fabulous.

The best part was the complimentary dessert they served at the end of the meal.

20140105_192733

Yeah, I’m not sure why it’s our “2st” anniversary either. 😉

If you have a special occasion to celebrate, Ruth’s Chris is the way to go. They had rose pedals on our table, free dessert, and everyone was wishing us Happy Anniversary. Not to mention the delicious food. I was highly impressed.20140105_192633

Alright, Game Time!!

Go Noles!!!

1 Kristi January 6, 2014 at 9:39 pm

First of all happy 2st anniversary.
Second. I too am super excited about the Veronica Mars movie. I used to watch it every weekend and sometimes when I got home from work but stupid Brighthouse network dropped Saopnet sometime between Dec. 20th and the new year while I was on vaca. (Sad face).

2 Amanda Elizabeth January 6, 2014 at 9:39 pm

Since the Gators had the most dismal season this year at least one team in the state of Florida is representing for the state 😉 Happy Anniversary I love Ruth’s Chris and Berns 😉
Amanda Elizabeth recently posted..Things That Help Me Organize My Crazy and Insanely Busy Life

3 Michelle @ A Healthy Mrs January 6, 2014 at 9:56 pm

I don’t even eat red meat, but that steak looks pretty darn good! 🙂
Michelle @ A Healthy Mrs recently posted..Weekend Update

4 Ashley January 6, 2014 at 10:01 pm

Yay! I feel the same way about Michigan State, sad thing we are a house divided. I went to MSU and my Husband went to UofM ( Michigan).
Ashley recently posted..Show me Sunday- The blogging plan.

5 Sarah January 6, 2014 at 10:05 pm

As a born and raised FSU Seminole, I am beyond excited for tonight’s game! Here’s hoping for a win! 🙂
Sarah recently posted..Week 2: Log Four Workouts

6 Jen January 6, 2014 at 10:12 pm

Ummmm if you’ve been a fan of FSU since you were 9 and it stuck with you for 30 years….. That makes you 39. Proofread your GD posts.

And GO NOLES!

7 Allie January 6, 2014 at 10:15 pm

I’m soooo excited for the Veronica Mars movie too! It is, without a doubt, one of my favorite shows ever. That’s such a good idea to re-watch the series before the movie comes out! I am going to try that too!

8 Sara @ LovingOnTheRun January 6, 2014 at 10:37 pm

Good luck to your Seminoles!

Wow what a wonderful dinner you all had! I went to Ruth Chris over Christmas with my family it was delicious and I left feeling miserable!
Sara @ LovingOnTheRun recently posted..Broccoli Slaw Salad

9 Jill January 6, 2014 at 10:40 pm

When we did a big DVD purge a few years ago Veronica Mars was one of the few boxed sets I insisted on keeping. Because it’s pretty much the best show ever. I’m sort of embarrassed to admit that I’m excited for the movie just to reignite old Team Logan vs. Team Piz debates with friends. (Team Piz, just for the record)

10 Danielle @ Long May You RunL January 6, 2014 at 10:56 pm

Funny, it was a school teacher that made me chose to be a Gator fan- she was such an awful teacher and I hated her so much that I wore orange and blue to spite her (she was overly Seminole… obnoxiously so). My fandom ended up sticking, and it got me two degrees from UF- a bachelors and an MRS degree so I’d say it ended well 😉
Danielle @ Long May You RunL recently posted..Another Year’s Journey

11 Megan January 6, 2014 at 11:29 pm

Well… Go Gators, even though the season was a disappointment, is all I have to say about this post. 😉

The steak looks good but the baked potato looks so delish that I am contemplating making one to eat now. A 10:30pm.

12 Mary January 7, 2014 at 6:06 am

What a fantastic dessert! I love it when places make the extra effort, it really make the meal that much more special. Glad you had such a lovely 2st anniversary!
Mary recently posted..A London Tourist

13 Runner Girl Eats January 7, 2014 at 7:07 am

Last night in Tallahassee was insane. The bar sprayed everyone with champagne, all you could hear everywhere you went was the warchant and fireworks went well into 2am. I love my Noles!
Runner Girl Eats recently posted..15 for 15

14 Sabrina January 7, 2014 at 7:38 am

What a great game! Such a nail biter, and I don’t think my heart could take anymore. None the less, it’s a great morning to be a Nole!
Sabrina recently posted..Slow and Steady

15 Elizabeth @ Positive Change January 7, 2014 at 7:56 am

Congrats on the win!!!!!!! I was rooting for you team and it was such a great game!!!!
Elizabeth @ Positive Change recently posted..Christmas 2013~ Just a Little Late!

16 [email protected] January 7, 2014 at 8:09 am

also excited for the Veronica Mars movie, it was a great show. congrats on the football win, I found your tweets very amusing
[email protected] recently posted..3-2-1 Interval Run Workout

17 [email protected] January 7, 2014 at 8:18 am

Steak at a specialty restaurant like Ruth Chris is always a treat, they are never that yummy at home! Congrats on the win!!
[email protected] recently posted..Weekly Workouts 12/30-1/5

18 Lesley January 7, 2014 at 8:19 am

Happy anniversary! I missed Veronica Mars when it was on TV so I’m playing catch up after marathon weekend.
Lesley recently posted..Race Week!

19 Jamie January 7, 2014 at 9:08 am

Holy crap I am PUMPED for the Veronica Mars movie!!! My college roommates and I were all obsessed with that show, and watched the series twice during our college days. Time to break out my DVDs too I think! 😉

20 Ashley @ Eat Run Live Happy January 7, 2014 at 9:11 am

I have not watched any of veronica mars but if it’s on net flix I think I may start it! Your anniversary dinner looks great! Those steaks look amazing. I haven’t had a really good steak in a while!
Ashley @ Eat Run Live Happy recently posted..What is Happiness?

21 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More January 7, 2014 at 9:24 am

I bet you guys are celebrating today… 😉

22 Lee January 7, 2014 at 9:45 am

Congrats on your team winning the big game!! I am a fellow ACC fan (NC State, so our dismal season was over a very long time ago). We celebrated our 10th anniversary at Ruth’s Chris…we too had a great experience! Similar to you two, my husband and I had vacationed right before our anniversary (Italy:)) but spent our actual anniversary celebrating with a fabulous dinner out! It was a great way to go!! Great minds think alike!

23 Katie @ running4cupcakes January 7, 2014 at 9:46 am

I LOVE Veronica Mars – we watched the whole show on Netlflix a few years ago. Can’t wait for the movie!
Katie @ running4cupcakes recently posted..Caprese Salad

24 Ashley January 7, 2014 at 1:03 pm

WHAT A GAME LAST NIGHT!

25 Kammie @ Sensual Appeal January 7, 2014 at 6:27 pm

Happy 2st Anniversary– hahaha 😛 The dinner and dessert looks fabulous!
Kammie @ Sensual Appeal recently posted..When compliments feel like LIES… and what to do about it.

26 Christine @ BookishlyB January 7, 2014 at 8:02 pm

Veronica Mars is the best- I love Kristen Bell! I’m not sure how I feel about the Kickstarter aspect of the movie (sooo allllllll these people pay to fund it and then they get to keep the profits-? Hmmmm….) but I will see it since I’m such a fan.
Christine @ BookishlyB recently posted..My 2013 Photo Book

27 kirsten January 7, 2014 at 9:35 pm

I’m so excited for the VM movie too! Well, as long as she ends up with Logan, if not I will be very sad 😉

28 Less January 8, 2014 at 2:52 am

Yes, Veronica Mars is super addicting. I own all three seasons as well, and I definitely got my money’s worth. I had about 12 different roommates in a fairly short span around that period and I was able to get every single one of them addicted to the show. And this past summer I even got my grandma, my mom, and my aunt to watch the series through. Can’t wait for the movie.
Less recently posted..Excellent Weekend

29 [email protected] January 8, 2014 at 2:04 pm

Happy anniversary! There’s going to be a Veronica Mars movie? HELL YES! I loved that series when it was on TV…time to catch up on repeats 🙂
[email protected] recently posted..25 Week Appointment

30 Courtney January 10, 2014 at 5:08 pm

I’ve never watched Veronica Mars, but considering your recommendation for Felicity ruined weeks of my life since I couldn’t watch it fast enough, I’m thinking I need to check it out! 😉