Ringing in 2014

by Meghann on January 1, 2014

2014.jpg

Happy New Year, everyone!

And welcome to 2014! Man, it’s going to take some getting used to seeing that number. Who wants to bet how many times I write /13 instead of /14 this month? My bet would be pretty high. That’s always the hardest part about adjusting to a new year – writing the darn date. Sigh.

Anyway, I hope your New Year’s Eve was fabulous. Derek and I made the drive home from the Florida Keys yesterday so we could spend the evening ringing in the New Year with our bestest of friends in Tampa. We had so much fun celebrating with them last year, that we couldn’t wait to do it again.

Plus, it’s always fun to play dress up.

1464636_10104008165600853_1567395560_n.jpg

This was the first opportunity I’ve had to wear my rehearsal dress since my rehearsal. I spent way too much money on it at Nordstrom last year and it remains one of my favorite items of clothing in my closet. I really need to look for excuses to wear it more often.

1509084_10104008165476103_761029189_n.jpg

Our evening started with drinks, dinner, games, and various shennanigans at a friend’s house.

1555311_10104008165216623_2094015698_n.jpg

My Photo Grid collage.jpg

Followed by champagne and fireworks at the same house we celebrated at last year.

IMG_2795.JPG IMG_2796.JPG

IMG_2798.jpg

IMG_2808.JPG IMG_2809.JPG

20131231_235438.jpg 20131231_235444.jpg

It was the perfect send off to 2013 and welcoming of 2014.

I crashed hard as soon as I got home and slept in until 9:00. I can’t tell you the last time I slept that late. I guess that’s one way to welcome in the new year. 🙂

This is my last day of vacation so I’m going to soak it up as much as I can and tie up all the holiday loose ins (aka clean the house!) before heading back to the office tomorrow. I’m also hoping to get my first run of 2014 in this afternoon (if it ever stops raining – boo!).

How was your New Year’s Eve? Did you go out or stay in?

1 Michelle @ A Healthy Mrs January 1, 2014 at 2:05 pm

We hosted a few friends at our place last night — it was great!

Happy New Year, Meghann!
Michelle @ A Healthy Mrs recently posted..Happy New Year!

2 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More January 1, 2014 at 2:07 pm

Looks like you guys had a fun New Years! I spent the evening in. I watched a movie, put together my 2014 vision board, read and drank a couple glasses of wine. It was easy, chill and especially as the snow storm came in, I was happy to be home and didn’t mind ringing in the new year by myself. Who doesn’t love a little quiet time? 🙂
Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..Talk Less, Say More 2.0

3 Lesley January 1, 2014 at 2:22 pm

Happy new year! Unfortunately I got hit with a sinus headache and went to bed early 🙁 At least today has been a nice with the Rose Parade, Winter classic, and I’m making homemade spaghetti sauce.
Lesley recently posted..Fun with Planes

4 Ali January 1, 2014 at 2:31 pm

Cute pics! This was my husband and my first NYE as a married couple as well. We weren’t quite able to party, though–we were on a plane from Los Angeles back home to Sydney! We high-fived and kissed when we crossed the International Date Line. 🙂 Hope you have a happy 2014!
Ali recently posted..2013 in review and 2014 in preview

5 [email protected] January 1, 2014 at 2:52 pm
6 Sara @ LovingOnTheRun January 1, 2014 at 3:09 pm

Looks like such a fun way to ring in the new year! After the craziness of 2013 and the blizzard that was coming down outside we opted to stay in and take it easy this year! It ended up being a great choice! Low key and just what I needed to be ready to start the new year off right at the gym!
Sara @ LovingOnTheRun recently posted..Happy New Year!

7 meghan @ little girl in the big world January 1, 2014 at 3:24 pm

Happy New Year! Looks like y’all had fun! We played Wii dance, which was ridiculous and awesome! I slept in until 11…I didn’t even know that was possible. Enjoy your New Years Day and getting all your last minute items done. I need to get all that stuff done before I head back to work Monday too.
meghan @ little girl in the big world recently posted..Reviewing 2013 Goals and Sharing Goals for 2014

8 Ashley January 1, 2014 at 3:31 pm

LOVE the dress! I wore my rehearsal dress that I paid too much for at Macy’s to my bridal shower, rehearsal, and a few dinners on the honeymoon. I ALMOST wore it to a Christmas party too 😉
Ashley recently posted..New Year! Persevere! Go Green! #MSU

9 Julie January 1, 2014 at 3:34 pm

The phrase is actually “loose ends,” not “loose ins.” Sorry to be obnoxious; I just know I’d want to be corrected, too! Happy 2014!

10 emily January 1, 2014 at 4:17 pm

Your dress is gorgeous! (And your bangs look great!) I stayed in and was lame last night but I actually have a great bottle of champagne for today.
emily recently posted..Weekend Wrap-Up; I’ve Been Married For Six Years!

11 Michael Anderson January 1, 2014 at 4:30 pm

I loved seeing your pics of your wedding early this year, and am thrilled you guys have had such a great year. Looks like you had a blast for the new year!

My wife and I are coming up on our 22nd, and had a great time just chilling out after she got home from work. One of the boys was out at a party and sleepover, the other had a party that fizzled so he ended up at home with us for the ball drop.

Hope you guys have an awesome 2014!
Michael Anderson recently posted..The iPhone 5 Case Was a LunaTik; Fortunately, Our Israeli Bus Driver Wasn’t

12 [email protected] January 1, 2014 at 4:58 pm

you can bet i will be correcting myself about writing 2014 instead of 2013 for the next six months, heck I feel like I was just starting to get used to 2013 and then it was over. Happy New Year’s!
[email protected] recently posted..What I Ate Wednesday and Happy New Year!!!

13 Kim @ Hungry Healthy Girl January 1, 2014 at 5:05 pm

Looks like an awesome night and that is a great dress! Here’s to a fabulous 2014, for the both of us!
Kim @ Hungry Healthy Girl recently posted..First What I Ate Wednesday of 2014!

14 Sarahf January 1, 2014 at 6:21 pm

Looks like a fun new year. You should definitely wear that dress more often, it looks so good on you! I had a pretty low key new year, went to the temple to watch the monks ring the huge bell at midnight, and then up early to watch the sunrise! A very peaceful way to start 2014!
Sarahf recently posted..Year of the Horse

15 Mary January 1, 2014 at 6:55 pm

Your dress is really pretty. 🙂 You should definitely find more excuses to wear it!
The best way to celebrate the New Year is with friends and we had a pretty similar night this year at my boyfriend’s friend’s house with eight of us stocking up on nibbles, drinks and playing party games. I didn’t even think about fireworks until I saw your pictures though! 🙁
Mary recently posted..01/01/2014 – Happy New Year!

16 Amanda Elizabeth January 1, 2014 at 7:58 pm

Happy New Year! There was so many pretty fireworks in Tampa last night! Your dress is beautiful…I love black lace sleeve dresses. Cheers!

17 Sarah K January 1, 2014 at 10:00 pm

I absolutely love that dress! Happy New Year!
Sarah K recently posted..End of the Year Book Survey 2013!

18 Angela@ Fit to Inspire January 2, 2014 at 8:53 am

Happy New year! I love love love that dress!
Angela@ Fit to Inspire recently posted..Snow is coming

19 Katie @ running4cupcakes January 2, 2014 at 9:05 am

I love that dress!! We stayed in – pizza and a movie and early bedtime! Perfect way to say goodbye to 2013 and start 2014 – except for the fact that the baby didn’t get the sleep in memo and got up at 6am. . . oh well!
Katie @ running4cupcakes recently posted..Goals–2013 and 2014

20 Jen @ Pretty Little Grub January 2, 2014 at 9:21 am

I went to a friends house. Looked very similar to your party! We often play catchphrase. This time we played Heads Up on the iPhone! Such a fun game.

21 Runner Girl Eats January 2, 2014 at 1:19 pm

Your dress is perfect! We stayed in this year since it was cold and rainy here. I absolutely loved ringing in the new year in pjs 🙂

22 Ashley January 2, 2014 at 2:39 pm

Sounds like a perfect way to bring in the New Year if you ask me!

23 Elizabeth @ Positive Change January 2, 2014 at 4:05 pm

I love your dress so much!! I would totally find ways to keep wearing that! Happy 2014!
Elizabeth @ Positive Change recently posted..New Years Resolutions… Sort of!

24 sarah @makingitmyhome.blogspot.com January 2, 2014 at 6:09 pm