From January to December, 2013 was one hell of a year!

by Meghann on December 30, 2013

Holy moly! 2013 is almost over! Can you believe it?

I know I say every year was a big year, but seriously, 2013 was HUGE. So many life changes were squeezed into a tiny 12-month span. It was big year, it was a tough year, but it was also a great year.

Derek and I kicked 2013 off with an amazing group of friends in Tampa. It was probably the best way I’ve celebrated New Years… ever.

Just 5 days later we became husband and wife. January 5, 2013 will forever go down as the best day of my life.

MeghannDerek0506.jpg

Posts: Rehearsal, Getting Ready, Ceremony, Reception, Our wedding video

From there we hopped on an airplane and headed to the Dominican Republic for a week long honeymoon.

P1110044.JPG

In January I also chopped all my hair off and donated 11 inches to Pantene’s Beautiful Lengths program.

20130116_162443.jpg

(p.s. I received a letter over the summer thanking me for my hair submission and letting me know it was on its way to becoming part of a wig)

Oh, and I bought a tri bike!

20130129_153100.jpg

In February I ran the Bet Damn Race

P2020040.JPG

Turned 28

P2080016.JPG

Finished Dirty Girl Mud Run

P2090197.JPG

and Officially became Meghann Anderson-Russell

March started with the ZooZoom 5k

Wonderful collage created by Photogrid.jpg

and an escape to the mountains with the XP crew

before starting a 9-5!

EOTD.jpg

That 9-5 took me all over the country and taught me a thing or two about time management. Err.. tried to teach me. I’m pretty sure I more or less just flew by the seat of my pants this year. eh.

Kelly and I earned gigantic (and amazing!) dolphin medals at the Sarasota Half Marathon

dolphinmedal.jpg

I tried to PR at the Strawberry Classic 10K (and failed miserably)

finishline.jpg

In April, Derek and I made our first big purchase as a married couple and bought a new (to us) car.

Maddie (my baby!) turned 4.

I got my Yelp on at the Yelptucky Derby.

photo booth.jpg

And I ate a LOT of pie at the Great American Pie Festival

I kicked off Ironman training in May with the Rocketman Triathlon (so sad they won’t have one in 2014 – such a cool race!)

0337_crb.jpg

Meals and Miles got a little makeover.

UnderConstruction.jpg

Jumping to June, I attended my 10 year high school reunion and felt really old.

Went on a mini getaway thanks to Hilton HHonors

ZIP_0313.JPG

In July I attended the Disney Sports Festival and learned just how cool of a place the ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex is.

Raced Top Gun

I traveled A LOT in August for work and managed to have some fun in Seattle with the Malones.

20130819_105224.jpg

I also went to Disneyland for the first time!!

withminnie.jpg

I wanna go back. Now.

I ran the Disneyland 10k

20130831_054640.jpg

and the Disneyland Half Marathon.

I celebrated 5 years of blogging in September.

5years.jpg

Went well over the time cut off in completing my first century.

20130922_151508.jpg

Don’t worry, we went a little faster in October.

20131005_150409.jpg

I indulged at the Food and Wine Festival with my parents.

20131013_120533.jpg

Started freaking out about my Ironman (starting? pshhh…. I started when I registered!)

20131026_103312.jpg

At least I had a pretty good distraction during taper – I was a bridesmaid in my college BFF’s wedding.

493434da39f011e3bc2522000a9e0196_8.jpg

On November 2nd, I surprised myself and completed something I wasn’t sure was even possible in my wildest of wild dreams: I crossed the finish line at Ironman Florida in 13:05:23. A moment I still tear up about every time I think about it (even as I type this).

IMG_1982.JPG

If I’m ranking the best days of my life it would go 1. Wedding Day – 2. Ironman. This means two of my favorite days of all time just happened to occur in the last year. I told you 2013 was huge!

A week after crossing the finish line at Ironman Florida, I ran the Wine and Dine Half Marathon.

a4d9b10a49c911e38f7e12414a7d7418_8.jpg

I also earned my coast-to-coast medal, something I’d been yearning over for years!

4fa852704a3e11e3a368122b4cdd1683_8.jpg

And if November wasn’t big enough, Derek and I headed to Tallahassee for a mini-reunion with my best college friends.

To finish up the last month of the year, Derek and I brought home our first real Christmas tree.

Celebrated the holidays with the XP crew.

Had a very merry Christmas

xmas2014.jpg

And wrapped up the year celebrating out first anniversary in the Florida Keys.

541460_10103990459963093_349112468_n.jpg

From January to December, 2013 was one hell of a year!

Who knows what 2014 will bring, but I have a feeling it’s going to be another great year full of new adventures and amazing possibilities.

Happy New Year!

1 Jen December 30, 2013 at 5:27 pm

Wow! What a year! I’m thinking I need to move to Florida!
Jen recently posted..Holy Revenue Stream, Batman! Disney Has Gone Over the Edge!

2 [email protected] December 30, 2013 at 6:36 pm

Crazy year! My year was way more calm, but I still PRed my 10K race, visited 8 countries, my boyfriend got a new job, I was a maid of honor and we did laminate floor all by ourselves.
[email protected] recently posted..Two Christmas trees

3 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More December 30, 2013 at 6:44 pm

What an incredible year! Though I wouldn’t expect anything else after the way it kicked off. Cheers to a great year!
Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..Best of 2013 – The Music Edition

4 Stephanie @ Cat Lady Runs December 30, 2013 at 7:11 pm

I feel like this was an amazing year too, and I got married in March. Weddings have a way of making everything feel so special 🙂
Stephanie @ Cat Lady Runs recently posted..Favorite Fitness Presents

5 eb @ Running on E December 30, 2013 at 7:43 pm

What a fun recap! I love all the photos! Great year. Here’s to a great 2014! 🙂
eb @ Running on E recently posted..Holiday Streak Recap

6 Michelle @ A Healthy Mrs December 30, 2013 at 7:55 pm

Whew. I’m exhausted just reading about your year! 🙂

Happy New Year to you & yours!
Michelle @ A Healthy Mrs recently posted..Blogger Holiday Gift Exchange Link Up!

7 Sara @ LovingOnTheRun December 30, 2013 at 8:04 pm

Wow I have to say you have had one heck of a year! I can’t imagine how 2014 can top that – but looking forward to following along 🙂
Sara @ LovingOnTheRun recently posted..The I Am Brand Running Shirt Giveaway

8 sarah @makingitmyhome.blogspot.com December 30, 2013 at 8:05 pm

what an incredible year you have had!
sarah @makingitmyhome.blogspot.com recently posted..Master Bathroom Plans

9 Erica December 30, 2013 at 9:06 pm

Such a great year!! Why do I feel like you’re hinting at something?!

10 Kathy December 30, 2013 at 9:36 pm

What a fun year….always neat to look back ….must say you look very nice as a bridesmaid…with out sounding weird??!! hahaha!

11 Katie @ Daily Cup of Kate December 30, 2013 at 9:46 pm

Wow, what a great year! Love your tri bike– I am on the lookout for one!

12 Sybil December 30, 2013 at 9:47 pm

I just started following your blog about half way through the year and it’s been so fun to follow your journey! Congrats on an amazing year!
Sybil recently posted..Christmas 2013

13 The Many Thoughts of a Reader December 30, 2013 at 10:07 pm

You had a great freaking year!
The Many Thoughts of a Reader recently posted..My Top Ten Books Read in 2013

14 Sarahf December 31, 2013 at 12:07 am

What an amazing year, you sure crammed plenty in!
Sarahf recently posted..Highlights of 2013: Running

15 Caroline December 31, 2013 at 1:52 am

2013 really seemed like a fantastic year for you. I hope that 2014 proves to be just as wonderful!
Caroline recently posted..2013 in Review

16 Chuck December 31, 2013 at 5:36 am

Seems like a pretty great year Meghann! You accomplished an incredible amount!

17 Elizabeth @ Positive Change December 31, 2013 at 8:56 am

What a crazy, crazy year! So much fun though!!! I can’t wait to read about your 2014!
Elizabeth @ Positive Change recently posted..Happy New Year!

18 Laura December 31, 2013 at 9:30 am

What a crazy fun year! Had fun following along with you!
Laura recently posted..Family, Eats, and Fun!

19 meghan @ little girl in the big world December 31, 2013 at 9:47 am

Amazing! Getting married and an Ironman in the same year, plus all the other things you threw in there too! Congrats Meghann! What’s in store for 2014?!
meghan @ little girl in the big world recently posted..Jacksonville Bank Marathon Race Recap (The marathon I kind of swam)

20 Beth December 31, 2013 at 10:09 am

Happy New Year! You had a banner 2013! So many amazing accomplishments and big life events. Here’s to a wonderful 2014!
Beth recently posted..December Stats/Recap

21 Amanda Elizabeth December 31, 2013 at 10:25 am

What an amazing year! Congrats on all your accomplishments! Happy New Year!
Amanda Elizabeth recently posted..Happy New Year’s Eve

22 Ashley December 31, 2013 at 12:07 pm

Congrats on a hard earned, amazing year Meghann! 🙂

23 Mrs. Swan December 31, 2013 at 2:47 pm

You had a pretty kick ass year there!
Mrs. Swan recently posted..2013 in review.

24 Meghan December 31, 2013 at 6:17 pm

Dang Meghann this Meghan is sooooo jealous of your year. Wow. Impressed and inspiring. I need to up my races and live a little. Good bye 2013. Hello 2014!!!

25 Becky @ RunFunDone January 1, 2014 at 12:52 am

Whoa. You writing about Ironman made me want to do one. And then I remembered how panicked I got during the swim portion of my teeny tiny sprint tri. Perhaps I’ll try another sprint and then maybe move onto olympic before I start thinking about becoming iron.
Becky @ RunFunDone recently posted..New Year: Look Back, Look Front