#XPdoesXmas Party

by Meghann on December 21, 2013

Confession: I love holiday parties.

Another confession: I love themed parties.

Also, I’m a big nerd.

But if you’ve been reading this blog long enough, you’ve probably already figured that out.

Luckily I have a great group of friends who are just as a nerdy as me. So when the idea of a “favorite holiday movie character” themed Christmas party popped up, we all immediately jumped on board.

d8889ecc69da11e39aaf1288f5591eb6_8.jpg

I have some seriously talented friends in the costume making department. They definitely put mine and Derek’s Santa and reindeer costumes to shame.

711de08e69e511e382a412f3be713f7b_8.jpg

Dee stole my heart with her rendition of my FAVORITE holiday tradition.. Starbucks’ Red Holiday Cup!

IMG_2631.jpg IMG_2632.jpg

Seriously, how adorable is this outfit?!

I took my first stab at making Muddy Buddies for the party (the back of the Chex Box called the recipe Muddy Buddies, but friends also kept referring to it as Puppy Chow all night).

20131220_195057.jpg

It was basically Chex cereal covered in melted chocolate and peanut butter, then coated with powder sugar. It was ADDICTING and made a ton. I’ve basically been munching on it for he last 24 hours and can’t seem to make myself stop. It’s Chex crack.

We had the typical holiday party eats, amazing music (though, that might be questionable to anyone outside our small group of friends.. there may have been a mix of Garth Brooks and 98 Degrees thrown in there, but who’s judging?), and of course, a white elephant gift exchange.

IMG_2650.jpg IMG_2651.jpg

Complete with a framed autographed photo from our coach’s professional days.

Because who doesn’t want Felipe Bastos hanging on their wall?!

Blow-up Santa beards

215304aa69e811e380180ec082133997_8.jpg

And hashtag ornaments.

4257f29e69e511e3ab9a126ea4147b56_8.jpg

#XPDoesXmas, yo!

*Note* There were a lot of toys and games traded during the White Elephant, which everyone promptly opened and started playing with after the exchange was over. It felt like Christmas morning immediately opening the toys. I need to remember this for future gift exchanges! The yo-yo and mini-basketball hoop were particular winners!

Of course, this wasn’t just a holiday party. We had a special surprise up our sleeves.

Our group were sneaky little elves planning to surprise Mary and Marcus with a brand new stroller for Baby Baum. The surprised look on Mary’s face was absolutely priceless.

Hat tip to Courtney for pulling it all together. 🙂

All-in-all, it was a blast, but would you expect anything left from this crew?

207fa14e69db11e38e590ef09b18d586_8.jpg

Have you attended any Holiday parties this year? Did you dress up for them?

1 Sara @ LovingOnTheRun December 22, 2013 at 12:00 am

No holiday parties this year, but I have a family party tomorrow when I am looking forward to! Love the holiday cup! That is an awesome costume!
Sara @ LovingOnTheRun recently posted..Week 14 Femoral Stress Fracture Recovery Update

2 Kathy December 22, 2013 at 6:39 am

That looks like sooo much fun!!! I think I may just do this next year!! (My kids would die and love it ….ha!) Also, the girl with the stand up hair??? Was she Cindy Lou from the grinch or one of the Who’s in general? Pretty fancy. 😉

3 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More December 22, 2013 at 8:07 am

HOW FUN! Seriously, my friends and I need to get on the fun holiday party train and not look back! I’ve been meaning to have people over to my house since moving in and 3 months later it still hasn’t happened…
Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..Sunday Confessions #17

4 Sarah December 22, 2013 at 9:18 am

The girl who was the starbucks cup is awesome. The lid on her head is AMAZING hahah! I wish my friends were more into themed parties! I think they are SO FUN
Sarah recently posted..DIY Marquee Lights Tutorial

5 Amanda Elizabeth December 22, 2013 at 9:55 am

The Starbucks cup was definitely my favorite! I have pinned so many recipe versions of “puppy chow” but haven’t gotten around to making it. Excited to hear how good it was! Looks like a fun party!!
Amanda Elizabeth recently posted..Friday Roundup

6 Katie December 22, 2013 at 4:59 pm

Cute! My friends and I are having a progressive dinner next Saturday. I get to be the “drinks” house!
Katie recently posted..Forward Thinking

7 Chelsea @ Designs on Dinner December 22, 2013 at 6:26 pm

Awww, love it. Holiday parties are so fun. I’ve been wearing my “Merry Christmas Ya Filthy Animal” sweatshirt as much as I can lately, and I’ve definitely been rocking my jingle bell earrings and poinsettia hair clip. Tis the season, why not?
Chelsea @ Designs on Dinner recently posted..Christmas with the Dowes

8 Elizabeth @ Positive Change December 23, 2013 at 8:10 am

It sounds like you have an awesome group of friends! I had a few, the one party is a black and white party and you have to dress formal which is kinda fun! But I loved your theme, so awesome!
Elizabeth @ Positive Change recently posted..Tips for Running Your Long Run on the Treadmill

9 Ashley December 23, 2013 at 12:02 pm

Love it!! Makes me super sad that we’ve missed all the holiday parties this year!

10 PeachyLau December 23, 2013 at 5:36 pm

You all look so cute!
PeachyLau recently posted..I am going to run a marathon!