Traveler

by Meghann on December 5, 2013

Hi friends!

I’m on the road for work right now, but wanted to drop in and say HI! (please note I’m two cups of coffee deep, so please excuse the overuse of !!)

I felt like the “Old Meghann” this morning when I opted to get up extra early to try to squeeze a few miles in before my flight. Please note that the “New Meghann” currently chooses sleep over anything else, so this was a big improvement. I finished my 3 miler by 6:15 and had plenty of time to make my flight at 8:40.

Well… maybe not plenty of time. I may or may not have cut it a tad short when I arrived at the airport at 7:50. Luckily Tampa security lines are always non-existent, so I still had time to grab Starbucks before boarding.

We had an extended layover in Denver, which was nice since I got to see this…

f43f813e5dd311e3b50412b2d3abce46_8

Snow!

I fly into Denver at least once a year and it’s always a nice treat to see snow on the ground. Unfortunately Derek and I do not have any ski trips planned this winter, so this might be my only chance to see snow this year.

We had lunch in the airport and I paid too much $$ for this salad.

salad

$16.. really?

Oh, how I’ve missed life on the road.

I’ll try to check in again over the weekend. I brought my running gear and am really looking forward to getting some running in while I’m in SoCal (and to take advantage of the chilly temps happening this week!).

To continue with this random posts, here’s some odds and ends:

Ironman Video

I totally splurged and paid for my Ironman Florida video on FinisherPix. The video is basically made up of 10 seconds worth of footage from each live feed camera on race day. It’s kind of fun to play “Where’s Meghann?” in each segment.

Why Do You Run Disney?

rundisney

Are you running a runDisney event in 2014?  Let the world know why you run in a 15-second Instagram video tagged with #WhyIRunDisney and the race you will be running in 2014 (see the list here). runDisney will select one runner for each race, from 5K’s to race weekend Challenges, to be featured in a fully produced runDisney video. If chosen, runDisney will send a crew to your hometown to see what motivates you and capture the magical moments during your race weekend.

I love this promotion because A) I love hearing personal stories from REAL athletes (and not just pro’s or celebrities) and B) who doesn’t want to star in their own little reality show?

Power Beautiful Shirts

PowerBEautiful

CaitlinTinaEmily, KathTheodoraMonicaGinaJulieAnneJanae and I came together to do something good this holiday season.  We partnered with TeeSpring on a shirt design that carries a message to all women reminding us how powerful, beautiful and supported we are by our sisterhood. 100% of profits from our sales will be donated to the Ladies Empowerment and Action Program {LEAP} which works to help incarcerated women make positive life changes through entrepreneurship training, education and mentorship. We hope you’ll purchase a shirt for your girlfriends, sisters and selves to support this message and cause. The shirts $18 and come in 2 styles.

1 Michelle @ A Healthy Mrs December 5, 2013 at 5:51 pm

Safe travels this weekend! Enjoy the cooler temps 🙂
Michelle @ A Healthy Mrs recently posted..Thursday Things

2 Ashley December 5, 2013 at 5:52 pm

I got chills watching your video!! LOVE that Derek got to give you your medal, and bowed to you ;).

PS: It’s flippin COLD here in Denver. Be glad you stayed inside DIA!

3 Melissa December 5, 2013 at 6:57 pm

Ahh, I love those shirts so much! I’ve been seeing them cropping up on the blogs I usually read and every time a shirt again, I just am enthralled by it! Also, I definitely agree with you, I think paying $$$ for food while traveling is probably the worst part about travel.
Melissa recently posted..Keeping Strength: Wise Words Demi said

4 Allison December 5, 2013 at 8:40 pm

Love the video! You did such a great job. I teared up watching the finish line!!!
Allison recently posted..The reason we can’t have a Christmas tree or any other live plants

5 Sara @ LovingOnTheRun December 5, 2013 at 10:46 pm

Love the video!! That is so sweet that Derek gave you the medal! How special!
Sara @ LovingOnTheRun recently posted..A Disordered Confession

6 Mary December 6, 2013 at 1:49 am

That video is great even if it isn’t very long… It’s got all the bits you’ll want to remember most in. Especially your fan finish! 🙂
Mary recently posted..Learning how to walk again

7 Laura @ Sneakers and Spatulas December 6, 2013 at 8:27 am

Awesome video! I didn’t know they did that.
Laura @ Sneakers and Spatulas recently posted..Must Try Soup

8 Becky @ Life Outside The BOX December 6, 2013 at 9:55 am

That video i s priceless, thanks for sharing!
Becky @ Life Outside The BOX recently posted..Q & A With Crossfit Ripped Owner & Box Junkie Athlete

9 Elizabeth @ Positive Change December 6, 2013 at 10:04 am

Safe travels! I love the Disney contest, I am running the Marathon in 2014 and can’t wait! I have ran this year and it was the best decision ever! I love the t-shirt!

10 Amanda Elizabeth December 6, 2013 at 11:37 am

What a great video! Safe travels!
Amanda Elizabeth recently posted..Friday Roundup

11 Rebecca Jo December 6, 2013 at 12:13 pm

$16… OH MY GOSH!!! That’s ridiculous what they charge.

I’d buy that video too.. awesome! I love Ironman finish lines!!!! What a smooch you got at the end 🙂 So fun!
Rebecca Jo recently posted..Friday Fragments

12 Caitlin December 6, 2013 at 2:34 pm

Oh the days of being from FL and being excited for snow. Hint: stay in FL! Haha
Overpriced airport food is the worst. I definitely spent more than I’d have liked to on a lame Chili’s Too salad in October. Way too much added-sugar dried fruit in that thing.
Good job on sneaking in a run this morning!
Caitlin recently posted..Fashion Black Friday 2013

13 Laura P December 6, 2013 at 2:42 pm

Hi. I just started reading your blog b/c of the T-shirt. I’m a regular KERF reader. I live in Denver. Be glad that you didn’t have to leave the airport. It is adnormally freezing here today!
Enjoy running in SoCal and remember to think of us Denverites trying to run in our snow pants!

14 Gwen December 6, 2013 at 3:00 pm

That video was totally worth it. You’ve inspired me today – thank you! <3

15 Amanda @runtothefinish December 6, 2013 at 3:36 pm

awe I love the shirts, how cool that you all did that!!! I would totally buy the video if I finished a freaking ironman!!
Amanda @runtothefinish recently posted..Vegan Vanilla Pumpkin Protein Muffins (GF, V, Eat Clean)

16 Erica December 6, 2013 at 4:31 pm

The tshirt is awesome! I hate how expensive airport food is, especially for something decent/healthy. Enjoy the trip!

17 PeachyLau December 6, 2013 at 4:51 pm

Awww, loved the finish line footage!
PeachyLau recently posted..Day 4, 5, 6 and The runners

18 [email protected] December 6, 2013 at 8:32 pm

Boooo for airport food!!!! 🙂
[email protected] recently posted..Cheers to Friday

19 Ashley December 6, 2013 at 8:47 pm

Your finisher clip is seriously so perfect I am glad you splurged on it 🙂

I am running Tinkerbell and Princess next year, I just wouldn’t want camera’s following me around. haha.
Ashley recently posted..25 tips to a Healthier Holidays- Tip 7 : Food is not the point.

20 Runner Girl Eats December 8, 2013 at 5:33 pm