Holiday Gift Guide 2013

by Meghann on December 2, 2013

Yep, another gift guide. I know, I know this is probably the 10th one you’ve read today, but I couldn’t resist putting together my own list of my favorite things for 2013. Everything on here is something that I’ve used and loved and get’s the Meals and Miles stamp of approval.

For the hard-to-shop-for in your life…

Anker® Astro 3E 10000mAh Dual USB Backup External Battery Pack Portable Power Pack Charger

Screen Shot 2013-12-01 at 9.55.03 AM.png

I LOVE THIS CHARGER! My phone was close to dead at Disneyland back in September and a friend lent me her portable charge to charge on. It was amazing, my phone charged to 100% and the external battery still had enough in it to charge my phone from dead to full battery an additional three more times. I immediately went and ordered my own. For a heavy phone user like myself, the external battery has saved me several times. The price isn’t bad either ($39.99).

For the Ironman in your life…

Sunbeam 885-911 Renue Heat Therapy Neck and Shoulder Wrap

418l6Dp7dTL.jpg

My neck and back were constantly sore during training. While I did indulge in massages once a month, it was this heat wrap that really saved me. Derek bought it for me a few months ago and I spent many nights watching tv with the wrap draped over my shoulders. I can’t recommend this enough for anyone who has a sore neck or shoulders.

Polar Insulated Water Bottles

31PsnZ+o8zL.jpg

I have 4 of these water bottles! They fit perfectly in my rear cages and were great at keeping my drinks semi-cool on long rides.

Womens Yurbuds Inspire Sport Earphones51QkKuqPcdL._SL1000_.jpg

I was never a fan of fancy earphones…until I bought these. I was on my way to a long run when I realized I left my earphones at home. I pulled into to Target and saw that these babies were on sale. They actually sold me on “women’s fit” because the regular fancy earphones never fit in my ears. Not only were they really comfortable to run with, but they also stayed perfectly in my ear.

Brag Necklace from The Silver Maple

b2fbc098505e11e39e531223997cc355_8.jpg

(photo credit: GeekTurnedAthlete)

Okay, so this one is on my wish list. Santa, if you’re listening, I would like it to say 140.6 / IMFL / 13:05:23 with the 24in chain. 😉

For the Maddies in your life….

Custom Pet I.D. from Doggone Tags

I ordered a custom stamped tag from Maddie for her birthday last April. I wasn’t a fan of any of the traditional I.D. tags available at the pet store so I ordered one through Doggone Tags on Etsy. The price is a little steep, but the quality is definitely there. She’s worn the I.D. tag 24/7 since April and there isn’t really a scratch on it.

Custom Dog Collar from Zaley Designs

polkadots.jpg

Again, HUGE fan of the quality, also love the design. The metal hardware and buckle give the collar it that little something extra. Maddie’s collar arrived very quickly once ordered.

What’s on your wish list this year?

1 sarah @makingitmyhome.blogspot.com December 2, 2013 at 10:47 pm

the doggie tags are so cute! love love love them
sarah @makingitmyhome.blogspot.com recently posted..Unforgettable Moments

2 Diana December 2, 2013 at 10:53 pm

I am so asking for one of those chargers. I don’t know why I don’t have one already. My phone is always going dead by the end of the day.

Also, I have ordered a dog collar from Zaley Designs and it is a great collar. I love the metal buckle.
Diana recently posted..Holiday Hangover

3 Angela December 2, 2013 at 10:56 pm

I just posted my wishlist today! It includes a cozy scarf, a print, a ring… and other things. 🙂
Angela recently posted..Christmas gift ideas!

4 Allison December 2, 2013 at 11:50 pm

I had no idea that such a thing as the portable battery charger even existed!! That is going in my husband’s stocking for sure! Thanks for the great idea!! 🙂

5 Sheena December 3, 2013 at 12:57 am

I NEED that charger! My battery is constantly going dead at the most inopportune times. How heavy is it?

6 Mary December 3, 2013 at 2:12 am

I’m yet to get a medal holder. That’s what’s on my wish list this year. I’ve seen a great trail running one, and a fab London Marathon one in the shape of London bridge…
Mary recently posted..Learning how to walk again

7 PeachyLau December 3, 2013 at 3:36 am

Abs are on my wish list this year! Also, I need new earphones! I will look into those
PeachyLau recently posted..All I want for Christmas…are abs

8 Elizabeth @ Positive Change December 3, 2013 at 8:00 am

The heater for the shoulders would be great for my mom! Which is the last person I need to buy for. 🙂 I am asking for a new camera this year. I have started to love photography and would love something a little more “high-tec.”
Elizabeth @ Positive Change recently posted..ASICS Storm Shelter Jacket

9 egb December 3, 2013 at 8:14 am

Cute dog collar! If mine would stop losing hers I might get her a nice one.

I would love to get gift certificates for massages, but maybe the heating pad would be a good list item.
egb recently posted..November Recap

10 Melissa December 3, 2013 at 9:07 am

That charger is definitely an excellent idea, I am always saying I need something like that! The price isn’t too bad, either. Also, the dog collar is absolutely adorable, I think my dog, Oliver would look so cute in it!
Melissa recently posted..Sweeten Up Your Morning!

11 Allison December 3, 2013 at 9:38 am

Love the dog tag!
Allison recently posted..My Most Embarrassing Moment

12 Sara @ LovingOnTheRun December 3, 2013 at 9:42 am

I am wishing for some compression socks, a training journal, some running tights, and LuLu Lemon Speed shorts – wow do you see a trend here!?
Sara @ LovingOnTheRun recently posted..My Personal Favorites Giveaway

13 Laura @ Sneakers and Spatulas December 3, 2013 at 10:03 am

You can tell I’m a Triathlon/Running nerd as over 3/4’s of my list is exercise related: aero bars, medicine ball, sneakers, foam roller, etc….
Laura @ Sneakers and Spatulas recently posted..Six Months To Go

14 Ashley December 3, 2013 at 11:43 am

Oh lord I need that neck and shoulder wrap! Looks like a dream in a bag!

15 Show me Ashley December 3, 2013 at 12:14 pm

Ah one of those chargers now!

I really want a different colored fitbit strap, and a cookbook 🙂
Show me Ashley recently posted..25 Tips to a Healthier Holidays – Tip 5 The holiday indulgences and avoiding weight gain.

16 BrooklynBeet December 3, 2013 at 1:41 pm

Love the water bottle! I’ve been looking for a good one for myself, I’ll have to nudge one of the Santas in my life for it!

17 Casey @ stayingonpace December 3, 2013 at 2:30 pm

I have a pair of compression pants on my wish list this year!

18 Amanda Elizabeth December 3, 2013 at 2:48 pm

Those earphones look awesome. There is nothing more annoying and distracting to your run then constantly having to mess around with earphones. Thanks for the great list!
Amanda Elizabeth recently posted..Tinder Tuesday-Dating Disaster Stories

19 Michelle @ A Healthy Mrs December 3, 2013 at 3:44 pm

Oooh, I could really use that charger — I hate having my battery die! I feel so lost 🙂
Michelle @ A Healthy Mrs recently posted..A Good Day For Vegetables!

20 Runner Girl Eats December 3, 2013 at 5:44 pm

That battery is a great idea! I will have to remember that for the tricky people on our shopping list.
Runner Girl Eats recently posted..How to not take a wedding picture

21 [email protected] December 3, 2013 at 8:38 pm

The gift guides going around are great for finding new products and seeing what works.Thanks!
[email protected] recently posted..Book: Continental Quotient & Running Earbuds

22 BroccoliHut December 3, 2013 at 9:26 pm

That dog collar is adorable!! Margot and Dexter are in desperate need of new collars.
BroccoliHut recently posted..On the Menu—Week of November 11

23 Eve December 5, 2013 at 12:59 am

I second your vote for the yurbuds! I wore one of the “Women’s fit” pair during my half marathon and they were perfect. They never fall out and they have a little clip to keep the wire from flopping around. I’ve since made my mom and sister converts to their awesomeness:-). Thanks for the heads up on the doggie bling-I’ll be shopping for my two pups:-).