Summer 2013 RunHappy Playlist

by Meghann on August 8, 2013

I know summer is almost over, but I thought I would squeeze in one last running playlist before we officially welcome fall in our lives (p.s. this Florida girl CAN’T WAIT for fall!).

Here’s what I’ve been jamming out to on my runs lately:

Screen shot 2013-08-08 at 8.13.34 PM.png

The playlist is currently on repeat on my iPod and “I Love It” by Icona Pop is my summer anthem. When I run I prefer stuff I can zone out with a good beat and an easy voice to listen to. I’m not a huge fan of rock or rap when running – Top 40 and country all the way!

What’s on your RunHappy playlist? I’m always looking for new suggestions!

Brooks “Run in the Sun” Instagram Challenge!

Brooks is daring Instagram followers to take pictures of your “run in the sun” for a chance to be re-grammed by Brooks! All you need to do is tag “#runhappy” and mention “run in the sun” for a chance to be featured on the @BrooksRunning Instagram! Brooks will pick one lucky winner every Friday in August (starting August 9th!) to re-gram on their channel. Just remember by posting a photo with the above-mentioned hashtag and phrase, you give Brooks Running permission to re-gram your photo. Good luck and may the best photos win!

*I work with Brooks Running as a RunHappy Ambassador. All opinions are my own.

1 Farah August 8, 2013 at 9:01 pm

I am all about top 40 for working out too! Thanks for sharing. I’ll have to download some of those songs.

Farah

2 Melissa August 8, 2013 at 10:16 pm

I love the songs on your playlist! So fun!

3 Mary August 9, 2013 at 4:01 am

Nooooo! Don’t say Summer’s almost over! I want several more weeks of it yet!

4 Liz @ The Shrinking Owl August 9, 2013 at 8:26 am

“She Wolf” by David Guetta. YOU’RE WELCOME.

(Also, psst… the band’s name is Imagine DragonS, not Imagine Dragon)

5 kelly @ racesrepsramblings August 9, 2013 at 8:45 am

Boo to summer ending… I mean it’s not quite done YET!! Though, summer over means fall, which means winter, which means January, which means my wedding! So not too bad to say it’s almost over ;) Great playlist – I especially love “I want crazy” by Hunter Hayes. I’m not normally a country fan, but there is just something about this song. Love it.

6 Karen @ Runner Girl Eats August 9, 2013 at 8:48 am

I love running to cruise! Lately I’ve been running to Blurred Lines on repeat too.

7 egb August 9, 2013 at 10:01 am

That seemed like a really fast summer! I love checking out other people’s playlist for new running songs. I’ve had a lot of Macklemore on my current playlist (good tempo to it).

8 Tonya @ Not Your Average Athlete August 9, 2013 at 10:21 am

Thanks for the playlist! I have been getting bored with my current mix and need to change it up.

9 Beth August 9, 2013 at 10:39 am

I’m dying laughing b/c I just posted on my blog how I have NO clue who Luke Bryan is and I keep hearing about him. LOL! I’ll have to look him up. Fun playlist! See you Sunday chica.

10 Katie August 9, 2013 at 1:32 pm

I love Icona Pop! Another good song by her is All Night. Also, Brooks has another challenge on MapMyRun so you should check that out too :)

11 Colleen @ CSmith Run August 9, 2013 at 4:46 pm

My current workout playlist is SO similar! I’m all about the country and the top 40!

12 Samantha August 9, 2013 at 6:23 pm

I’m the exact opposite for my running playlists! Haha! Most of mine are heavy w FallOut Bot, Green Day, GnR, Ragw Against The Machine, Linkin Park, and the like.

13 Alyssa @ Road to RD August 9, 2013 at 9:28 pm

Yess I love Round Here! It’s my favorite song of the moment right now.

14 Steph August 9, 2013 at 9:30 pm

Right now it would definitely have to be Daft Punk and Hurry Up We’re Dreaming by Midnight City! Such awesome songs to work out to!

15 jackie August 9, 2013 at 9:59 pm

I’m w Samantha. Rage, korn, nine inch nails, system of a down. Throw in a little Beastie Boys (intergalactic & sabotage). Keeps me going! Idioteque by Radiohead is a good one too.

16 Andrea August 16, 2013 at 10:28 pm

My go to song right now is My Songs Know What You Did in the Dark by Fall Out Boy!