more ยป" />

Swimming, Food, and Some Cute Puppy Photos

by Meghann on July 30, 2013

You have tough days and you have good days. Yesterday was a tough day. What is it about Mondays that make them extra exhausting? I was beat before 3:00pm!

Luckily the skies were clear when I left work and we had picture perfect weather for swim. It was just three of us last night so we had a practice full of paddle and speed drills. It was tough, but I needed it.

I had just enough time for a few hours of sleep before I was back at the pool for another swim practice this morning.

20130730_061954.jpg

Where yesterday I felt like I was struggling, this morning I actually felt pretty good. We did more drills to help with my stroke (my coach is determined to break me of my habit of breaking my wrist in my right stroke) and I kept up with a teammate during our fast 50s (I NEVER keep up with anybody). My coach even complimented me on my improved stroke! Talk about a great way to start the morning!

20130730_073818.jpg

• 1 x 100 w/ pull buoy and bands
  • 100 fast
  • 50 easy backstroke
  • 50 fast
  • 100 cool down
  • Total: 1800 meters

After a shower at the pool, I was actually early to work. Whoa.

Breakfast at the desk:

20130730_082246.jpg

• ricotta cheese
  • strawberry/fig jam
  • granola
  • walnuts
  • strawberries
  • raspberries
  • almond butter

All packed in separate containers and combined at the office.

Lunch was packed from home, too, and featured some of last night’s Pinterest-inspired leftovers.

20130730_122002.jpg

Avocado Lemon Quinoa Cilantro Chickpea Salad. Not very pretty, but looks can be deceiving. I was impatient last night and didn’t give the dish the suggested 30 minutes in the fridge for the flavors to “set.” The results were kind of bland, but still edible. However, after spending overnight in the fridge, the flavors were strong and delicious. If you make this, just remember to be patient and let the flavors “set.” Trust me, it’s worth it.

Speaking of Pinterest inspiration, dinner was another pinterest-inspired creation: Buffalo Chicken Quinoa Fritters.

20130730_200014.jpg

Terrible photos (especially after they fell apart when I pulled them off of the baking sheet), but these babies were good!

20130730_200120.jpg

Definitely a must try! I’ve made similar quinoa buffalo chicken bites before and wasn’t terribly impressed. These were much better, I think it was addition of the blue cheese and my heavy hand with the buffalo sauce. They were also easy to make since the quinoa was left over from last night dinner (we made a ton so there would be extra).

Alright, I don’t have a photo, but I recently tried this recipe for Warm Lemony Potato Salad and LOVED it. I added some hard boiled egg for protein and made a meal out of it. Yum.

Let’s wrap up this random post with some cute puppy photos

IMG_1326.jpg IMG_1335.jpg IMG_1337.jpg

IMG_1351.jpg IMG_1344.jpg

Good NIght!

1 Sara @ LovingOnTheRun July 30, 2013 at 9:53 pm

Awww what precious puppy photos! Must have been so nice to have everyone together and all the pups as well! Great job on the swim workout!!
Sara @ LovingOnTheRun recently posted..Running Pet Peeves

2 Stacey July 30, 2013 at 10:05 pm

Oh my! That second puppy photo with his little paw going through the slot on the bench is just so adorable. Love it!

3 Katie July 30, 2013 at 10:15 pm

Cute doggie photos, and congrats on the faster swimming!!! I plan on getting into the pool this fall and starting to learn what I am doing.
Katie recently posted..Timeout Tuesday

4 Rebecca P. July 31, 2013 at 1:00 am

I love Pinterest and it feels so good when you make a recipe you find and it comes out even better than expected! Plus those dogs are so cute!

5 Karen @ Runner Girl Eats July 31, 2013 at 8:26 am

I’ve been looking for some new quinoa recipes! Thanks for the tips ๐Ÿ™‚
Karen @ Runner Girl Eats recently posted..WTF?! Wednesday

6 Melissa July 31, 2013 at 9:47 am

The puppy photos are adorable! Love it!
Melissa recently posted..Refresh Naturally: ZEVIA Soda GIVEAWAY!

7 Heathers Looking Glass July 31, 2013 at 10:23 am

adorable puppy! Love the one where his foot fell through the bench.
Heathers Looking Glass recently posted..Disneyland Half Marathon Weekend Updates

8 Emily @ The Good Era July 31, 2013 at 10:49 am

OMG! So many cute puppy pictures ๐Ÿ™‚ The second one on the bench? Adorable!!!
Emily @ The Good Era recently posted..Cock-a-doodle-do!

9 Katie July 31, 2013 at 10:50 am

There is nothing better than starting a day off with positive feedback! Great job on improving your swim…To me, that is the hardest part of triathlon.

And if you could end all post with adorable puppy photos, that would be awesome. Please and thank you!
Katie recently posted..Recovery Week

10 Sarah K July 31, 2013 at 11:32 am

Awwww puppy photos! That breakfast looked pretty amazing too.
Sarah K recently posted..August’s Resolutions

11 Ashley July 31, 2013 at 12:51 pm

Is that your parents new puppy? Could s/he be any more adorable?

12 Meghan July 31, 2013 at 2:33 pm

Those pictures of the pups are great. How can you not smile when you see a dog. Honestly everyday I run and see some pups on my path I get the biggest smile and makes my day ๐Ÿ™‚
Meghan recently posted..Magical 13

13 Shannon July 31, 2013 at 3:11 pm

Awe, every post should have a cute puppy photo! Love!

14 Stephanie July 31, 2013 at 3:24 pm

The puppy photos are TOO CUTE!

15 Kelly @Live Green Chic July 31, 2013 at 3:46 pm

So excited to try the Avocado Lemon Quinoa Cilantro Chickpea Salad! And loved the puppy pics!
Kelly @Live Green Chic recently posted..Vegan Recipes โ€“ Vegan Creamsicles

16 Mary August 1, 2013 at 11:28 am

That is actually the cutest puppy photo! I hope he has now mastered the art of sitting on the bench! ๐Ÿ™‚
Mary recently posted..Everyone knows we’re engaged…

17 Reenie August 1, 2013 at 2:22 pm

Wait?? What’d I miss…. who’s is the lil black and white pup?