Aqua Sportswear

by Meghann on July 24, 2013

Since you asked….the swim suit top I wore to Blizzard Beach was from NAYAD Aqua Sportswear.

P5278890.jpg

They sent me a sample suit to review right before my honeymoon, but I never got around to reviewing it. Whoops!

It’s actually a really cool site where you can design your own swim suit top and bottom. For the top I selected the “Cross Over V Front” and “X Back”. (Unfortunately the pattern I chose is no longer available.)

Screen shot 2013-07-24 at 9.14.04 PM.png

For the bottoms, I went with the 2-in aqua shorts. The swim suits are made for movement (like running, dance, aerobics, etc) so I went with the shorts instead of regular bottoms. I wore the shorts zip lining on my honeymoon, but that’s it. They’re okay, just not my personal style.

DSC08490.JPG

I’m pretty obsessed with the fit of the top. It’s super comfortable and supportive. I can go surfing, boogie boarding, or water park-ing and not worry about losing my top. It’s also cute. The fit is very flattering and I’ve gotten a lot of compliments on it.

P7150149.JPG

When you order a swim suit from NAYAD, you order by measurements, instead of sizes, so there’s no second guessing anything. Everything fits perfectly.

P7150132.jpg

I was actually just looking at the new patterns on the website. I think I might order another one, only this time go with the “Sport Bottom” instead of the aqua bottoms.

Screen shot 2013-07-24 at 9.13.36 PM.png

The bottoms and tops are a tad pricey (over $50 each), but the price is worth the quality and the fit. It’s a solid swim suit that’ll you’ll want to wear to every water-related (or not!) occasion.

What do you look for in a swim suit?

1 Angela July 24, 2013 at 9:36 pm

Love that top! I definitely look for something that fits and is not too revealing. I have a hard time finding a top that fits. Most tops that fit my chest size are too big around so I almost always have to have backs that tie instead of fasten…and that is uncomfortable when laying out on your back!
Angela recently posted..What I’m Loving… [at Trader Joe’s]

2 Sara @ LovingOnTheRun July 24, 2013 at 10:23 pm

Love the idea of this website! Mix and match is great but even better is the ability to use exact measurements and they look like great swim suits for being active!
Sara @ LovingOnTheRun recently posted..Break It Up

3 Sheena July 24, 2013 at 11:58 pm

I have to buy separates because I’m so disproportionate. I hate it! Also, most “cheap” bathing suits don’t offer enough support, so bathing suit season is a REALLY frustrating season for me. I have to buy a larger top for the cup size/more coverage, but then everything else is too big, so I can’t get the hook ones (way better when laying down or leaning back against something), and they never seem to be supportive enough to do anything past rolling over (and even that takes a handto the chest to make sure no spills happen)
Sheena recently posted..Bloglovin

4 Jan @ Sprouts n Squats July 25, 2013 at 7:51 am

That is so cool that you give your measurements and thats how they size you! Love it 🙂
Jan @ Sprouts n Squats recently posted..7 Intuitive Eating Resources & Tips

5 Karen @ Runner Girl Eats July 25, 2013 at 8:31 am

Love that you can order by measurement! I dread bathing suit shopping because every fit is sooooo different.
Karen @ Runner Girl Eats recently posted..Curry spinach, running cures the blues and so much lobster.

6 Kristin July 25, 2013 at 9:32 am

I signed up for a last minute run/swim/run last weekend and had such a hard time finding a top. This would’ve been perfect!
Kristin recently posted..RUNNING IN PARIS

7 RunEatRepeat July 25, 2013 at 9:39 am

You look amazing! I miss you 🙂
RunEatRepeat recently posted..Chile Relleno Casserole Recipe

8 Katie July 25, 2013 at 9:47 am

So cool! blogging question: did the company ever follow up or ask when you were going to post about them? Just curious!
Katie recently posted..Calling All: Minnesota Girls

9 Mary Ann July 25, 2013 at 10:04 am

No offense but ALL of your posts lately are sponsored. I don’t buy it that people were asking you about that swimsuit. Also, it is sort of rude to JUST NOW review a swimsuit that someone sent you for free 7 months ago. Your blog is boring me so much lately. It used to be somewhat interesting but now I am starting to get bored. I’ll just stop reading though, like so many others already have. Good luck with ironman training. I’ll check in closer to that date to see how you are doing!!

10 Sally July 25, 2013 at 12:27 pm

Get a life.

11 Melissa July 25, 2013 at 10:33 am

Such a cute bathing suit, I like it! Typically, in a bathing suit, I tend to lean towards purchasing tankinis, however, this bathing suit really looks like it might fit the bill, as opposed to a tankini!
Melissa recently posted..BLAST FROM THE PAST: Childhood Favorites Revisited!

12 CaitlinHTP July 25, 2013 at 12:26 pm

You look so beautiful and so healthy. Ironmans do a body good!

13 Emily July 25, 2013 at 3:52 pm

I love that idea! My top and bottom are such different sizes I always have a hard time finding a suit that will flatter both! I’ll have to for sure check this out 🙂
Emily recently posted..Jawbone UP {Review}