Ironman Training: Week #8

by Meghann on July 14, 2013

Another week has come and gone. Where does the time go?

This week was a big one. Despite shorter swim practices (thank you, rain!) my weekend ride and run were my longest yet.

Monday

AM: 60 min Bike Trainer

I really like my Monday rides on the bike trainer. It’s nice to have a plan to work off of and I like being able to watch Netflix while riding. The trick is to watch something fun and not serious. For instance, on Monday I watched the Katy Perry movie. 🙂

AM: 15 min Run

Maddie likes her weekly runs. It’s her favorite time of the week.

Tuesday

AM: 2000m Swim

• 200 warm up
  • 3 x 200 @ 4:30
  • 4 x 150 @ 3:15
  • 4 x 100 @ 2:00
  • 200 cool down

Wednesday

AM: CrossFit

We focused on step-ups that killed me! I maxed at 30lbs.

945913_10103278773678113_1545468663_n.jpg

PM: 1200m Swim

I arrived early and did a 700 extended warm-up. It’s a good thing I arrived early, lightning moved in and cut our swim short. Boo.

Thursday

AM: 6 mi Track

• 1.5ish mile warm up
  • 5 x 1000 (4:46 average)
  • 1.5ish cool down

PM: 30 min Bike Trainer

Afternoon swim practice was cancelled again thanks to bad weather. I hopped on the bike trainer instead and rode through an episode of The New Girl.

Friday

AM: 1700m Swim

Killer paddle swim! My shoulders BURNED after this! This was our make up swim from Thursday.

Saturday

AM: 50 mi Bike Ride

1006154_10103291280384573_1516693001_n.jpg

Awesome ride with my sister. It wasn’t about the speed, it was just about getting the time on the bike.

AM: 2 mi Run

We did an easy 2 mile run after the bike. Sticking to a run/walk helped us make it through it.

Sunday

AM: 10 mi Run

My long run for the week. Felt surprisingly good out there.

PM: Walking around Walt Disney World

1001758_10103295153842133_27118397_n.jpg

My legs HATED me! Totally worth it.

Weekly Totals:

Workouts: 11

Miles: 95

Time: 11 hours 36 minutes

The next month is going to be fun for training. Starting this week, I’m traveling every other weekend for work. Yikes. I’m just going to take it one day at a time and do what I can while I’m away. The good news is that September and October are mostly travel free. Wish me luck!

1 Sara @ LovingOnTheRun July 14, 2013 at 7:48 pm

Each week reading this really inspires me! I can’t imagine doing what you do! This is so awesome! Keep up the great work!
Sara @ LovingOnTheRun recently posted..Weekly Training Recap

2 Julie @ RDelicious Kitchen July 14, 2013 at 9:53 pm

i was thinking the exact same thing!!
Julie @ RDelicious Kitchen recently posted..Chocolate Chip (Chickpea) Peanut Butter Cookies

3 Timi July 14, 2013 at 7:49 pm

Enjoy your time away encouraging and helping others behind the scenes!
Love your BLOG! Very real and very motivating. You encouraged me to do a 1/2 marathon! I have never ran in a race. Thank you!

4 Jan @ Sprouts n Squats July 14, 2013 at 8:12 pm

Another great training week! I hope you had fun at Disneyland. I went when I was 8years old and so want to go back again but probably won’t be for a while yet being in Australia.
Jan @ Sprouts n Squats recently posted..Marvelous in My Monday #17

5 Victoria @ Reluctantly Skinny July 14, 2013 at 8:14 pm

Wow! I’m exhausted just reading..I don’t know how you do this without a rest day. I’m impressed, as always =)
Victoria @ Reluctantly Skinny recently posted..Race Recap: Long Island Women’s 5K

6 Annette @FitnessPerks July 14, 2013 at 8:22 pm

Good work! Dang girl, that is impressive <3
Annette @FitnessPerks recently posted..What I’ve Been Loving Lately: Food, Dates, & More

7 Beth @ Racing Robsons July 14, 2013 at 9:35 pm

Great week! Question for you… When you ride on the trainer, what workouts do you do? I always do the same thing simply because I don’t know what ends to do. If love some ideas!
Beth @ Racing Robsons recently posted..July 8 – 14 Weekly Recap

8 Steven July 15, 2013 at 7:11 am

Pretty impressive! Do you plan the week in advance or do you think I’ve this to do and see how it fits into your day, on a day by day basis?
Steven recently posted..Who is Brad Pilon?

9 Karen @ Runner Girl Eats July 15, 2013 at 8:19 am

I am really interested in getting a bike trainer. Do you have any tips for finding one?
Karen @ Runner Girl Eats recently posted..Wanted: Training Plan

10 Lori July 15, 2013 at 12:56 pm

You really need to work in a rest day before you injure yourself. Your body needs rest!!

11 FiddleDeeAshley July 15, 2013 at 6:23 pm

You are amazing. I love reading all of your weekly recaps and seeing how much you’ve accomplished. I’m sure you you’ll find a way to make it work during your traveling, but it won’t hurt to have a rest day every now and then, too! Good luck!
FiddleDeeAshley recently posted..June/July Runnerbox In-Depth Review and Giveaway

12 Lew Kizer July 17, 2013 at 7:40 am

YOu look like you are having fun!!!!! We look foward to working out at your box on day with you..

13 Charlie (therunnerbeans) July 19, 2013 at 1:29 pm

I’m in awe of how you fit it all in, and reading about your track sessions has encouraged me to add some of my own!
Charlie (therunnerbeans) recently posted..Sweaty Speed Sessions