more ยป" />

Stuffed Mini Sweet Peppers

by Meghann on June 25, 2013

A co-worker inspired tonight’s quick and easy meal. He was reheating leftovers for lunch last week and his creative use of my dad’s favorite mini sweet peppers caught my attention. He had stuffed the mini peppers with some soy grounds and topped them with a homemade mole sauce. It looked delicious. I knew I wasn’t going to go as far as making a homemade mole sauce, but I also knew I could put my own spin on the dish.

IMG_0664.jpg

I started by cleaning the peppers and boiling them for 5 minutes to soften them up a bit.

Then I sat them aside and let them cool for a few minutes.

For the stuffing I combined some left over rice chicken pilaf with black beans and salsa.

I stuffed each pepper with the rice and bean mix and baked them at 350 for 20 minutes.

Served hot with salsa on top.

It was a really easy meal that took less than 30 minutes to make and used up some leftovers. I’d say that’s a win. ๐Ÿ™‚

Has a co-worker’s lunch ever inspired one of your meals?

1 Angie June 25, 2013 at 9:52 pm

Too funny! Those are my dad’s favorite peppers, too!

2 Rachael @ Pizza, Run, Repeatza June 25, 2013 at 11:03 pm

Ooh that looks so good. I usually buy a bag of those mini peppers and I don’t finish them because my husband won’t eat them. But I guarantee that if I made these, he would dig in without hesitation. Thanks for the idea.

3 Jan @ Sprouts n Squats June 25, 2013 at 11:21 pm

We don’t have those mini peppers here but that recipe looks great! I’ve been more inspired seeing other people’s lunches on WIAW than anything.
Jan @ Sprouts n Squats recently posted..Trial Tuesdays #7

4 Ashley June 26, 2013 at 7:28 am

My future mother-in-law is obsessed with those dang peppers and always buys them for us, I will definitely have to try stuffing them next time.
Ashley recently posted..Meal plan? What meal plan?

5 Chelsea @ Designs on Dinner June 26, 2013 at 8:03 am

That looks even more fun to eat than a big stuffed pepper. I’m one of the few people who brings my own lunches to work, so I can’t say that anyone else inspires me. But you have! Mini stuffed peppers sometime this summer!
Chelsea @ Designs on Dinner recently posted..Six Miles? Done.

6 Karen @ Runner Girl Eats June 26, 2013 at 9:02 am

I loveeee those peppers. I could eat them plain in one sitting. I have never tried stuffing them though. Looks tasty!
Karen @ Runner Girl Eats recently posted..WTF?! Wednesday

7 Ashley @ Eat Run Live Happy June 26, 2013 at 9:30 am

I love those peppers! You can find them really cheap at Aldi’s around where I live. They are so sweet when cooked. This would be a winner at our house for sure!
Ashley @ Eat Run Live Happy recently posted..WIAW: Yin-Yang

8 Joelle (on a pink typewriter) June 26, 2013 at 11:01 am

I love stuffed peppers!! I’ve never tried minis, but they’d be a great dinner party appetizer too I’d think.
Joelle (on a pink typewriter) recently posted..Zoรซs Kitchen//Running the Tour de France

9 Molly @ There Goes Molly Rose June 26, 2013 at 11:55 am

Someone once ate a hard boiled egg, with the yolk scooped out and hummus in its place! I love hb eggs but they tend to gross me out at the same time….when I tried this trick I found it delicious!! Great protein too. Try it! ๐Ÿ™‚
Molly @ There Goes Molly Rose recently posted..WOW #3

10 Angela June 26, 2013 at 2:13 pm

Those look delicious!! I’ve never thought of doing mini peppers!
Angela recently posted..The Circle [a link-up]

11 Sarah @ Yogi in Action June 26, 2013 at 3:45 pm

I love stuffed peppers! Looks delicious ๐Ÿ™‚

Co-workers often inspire my lunches. Especially my one friend- since everyday we ask each other “What did you bring for lunch today?”
Sarah @ Yogi in Action recently posted..Embarrassing photos

12 Crystal @ Simply Playful Fare June 26, 2013 at 4:47 pm

These look awesome! I haven’t had stuffed peppers in a long time. Thanks for the inspiration!

13 Hillary | Nutrition Nut on the Run June 26, 2013 at 7:39 pm

Haven’t stopped by M&M in a while. I like the new blog design – who did it? ๐Ÿ™‚

14 Meghann June 26, 2013 at 8:36 pm

Thanks! Cris from KissMyTulle.com

15 Hannah @ PalmBeachRunner June 26, 2013 at 11:00 pm

Those look yummy! I am a rep for a medical company so I don’t see co-workers on a regular basis and usually have a few protein bars and fruit for lunch (with my Starbucks soy green tea misto of course!)

16 Mary June 27, 2013 at 7:19 pm

I love those peppers and I am definitely going to try those stuffed! YUM!!!