Brooks “Run Happy” Makeover

by Meghann on June 24, 2013

I’m not an afternoon runner. Never have been, never will be. I have mad respect for anyone who can knock out anything more than 3 miles after working a full day. I’m fine with riding a bike or swimming, but running is a whole different ball game. I get home and all I want to do is hit the couch.

I had three miles on tap for this afternoon and was struggling to talk myself into going that small of a distance. If I would have sat on the couch, I probably wouldn’t have moved, so I didn’t even give myself the option. I walked in the door, took Maddie for her walk, then made a quick dash to change – no stopping at the computer, no turning on the tv, and definitely no sitting on the couch.

I was excited to test out some of the new gear Brooks sent me to review as part of my brand ambassadorship. With the hot, hot summer heat, I knew it was the perfect time to try the cool gear.

On top: Women’s D’lite Micro Mesh Racerback

20130624_182002.jpg

I love how sheer and comfortable this top is. Definitely airy and perfect for summer training. It was a bit see-through, so next time I need to pair it with a white sports bra. The worn out pink stripes are cute and the cut is forgiving and very flattering.

On bottom: Women’s D’lite Racer 2.5″ Short

20130624_182031.jpg

Who loves short shorts? I love short shorts! The fabric was so light, i almost forgot I was wearing anything. I also enjoyed the short length, I definitely lean towards shorter shorts when I run and these were the perfect length for my short legs. The color was fun too – so bright and pink! Again, perfect for summer!

(Cheesy bathroom shot)

20130624_182111.jpg

I love how bright the shorts are! I can’t wait to wear them in a race and have the color pop!

I survived the 3 mile run. Though, as sweaty as I was, you would have thought it was much longer than that. Man, it’s hot out… even at 7:00!

Brooks “Run Happy” Makeover

Anyone out there in need of a running wardrobe makeover? Well, I’ve got some good news! My friends at Brooks are offering one lucky reader a complete head-to-toe “Run Happy” makeover that will include one top, one bottom, and pair of brand new running shoes of the winner’s choosing.

BrooksRunHappyMakeover.jpg

May I suggest the D’lite Micro Mesh Racerback, D’lite Racer Short, and PureConnects. πŸ˜‰

To enter, please send a photo of your WORST running outfit to [email protected]

Feel free to share a story with the photo, as well as your blog. I’ll share all the photos in a blog post on Friday when I announce the winner. This contest is open to U.S. residents only.

My worst running outfit would probably be the ensemble I wore for the Gridiron Classic in NYC in February 2010.

The sweats were supposed to be my cover layer for my walk from the hotel to Central Park. I swear I’m wearing running tights, top, and jacket underneath those sweats! However, it was so cold waiting for the race, that I couldn’t bear to part with my top layer. I ended up doing the whole race in my hoodie and Pink sweatpants. To this day my friend Dori still reminds me how she had to read “Pink” on my butt for four miles around Central park.

PinkButt.jpg

At least I was warm. πŸ™‚

Send your worst running outfit photos now to [email protected] for your chance to win! You have until Thursday, June 27th at noon EST to enter. I’ll announce the winner on Friday!

Good luck!

1 Beth @ Running with the Sunrise June 24, 2013 at 10:21 pm

Oh my goodness, I love those shorts! I will definitely be checking those out. I love how Brooks is great about making their shorts so comfortable and functional. Thanks for sharing your review! I’ll definitely be looking for some photos of bad race outfits to submit. πŸ™‚
Beth @ Running with the Sunrise recently posted..Sunday’s 16 Miler

2 Michele June 24, 2013 at 10:44 pm

I don’t want to send my worst because I didn’t know what I was doing and wore the wrong kind of pants…and looked like I peed πŸ™ I know I’d win if I had the nerve to send it to you!

3 Angela June 24, 2013 at 10:51 pm

What a funny contest!! Love it.
Angela recently posted..Birthday Surprises

4 Emily @ Perfection Isn't Happy June 25, 2013 at 6:52 am

I love those shorts! I have long legs, though, so I have a feeling they’d be really short on me!
Emily @ Perfection Isn’t Happy recently posted..Here Comes Crazy

5 Karen @ Runner Girl Eats June 25, 2013 at 8:23 am

I am loving those shorts that are all over blog world. Perfect for my short legs!
Karen @ Runner Girl Eats recently posted..Dance inspired playlist and eating the rainbow

6 Courtney June 25, 2013 at 8:41 am

Three cheers for short-legged shorts! πŸ™‚ I sent in my picture of my worst race outfit. What a fun contest!

7 Dori June 25, 2013 at 8:44 am

Cute outfit! And yes, that was definitely your worst running outfit ever but also your best because you kept warm the entire time! That day was beyond frigid. PINK.
Dori recently posted..A Refined Bachelorette Party

8 Cindy @cindyruns June 25, 2013 at 8:47 am

Awesome color! P.S. I am an avid afternoon/early evening runner and I don’t know how anyone can run in the morning! The only time I can do it is for long runs when I’m running with my team or for a race. I am super impressed by everyone who runs in the morning, I wish I could do it!
Cindy @cindyruns recently posted..You know you’re in a funk when…

9 Beth June 25, 2013 at 9:12 am

LOL! That outfit is not the worst I’ve seen, but yeah, at least you were warm. πŸ˜‰
Beth recently posted..My Bike Fitting

10 Ashley June 25, 2013 at 9:21 am

LOVE that outfit! I am so obsessed with all Brooks’ gear that I’ll need to get my hands on these items anyways. I’ll have to dig around to see if there is any photographic proof of my terrible outfits…
Ashley recently posted..Marathon Motivation

11 Tiffany Dutson June 25, 2013 at 10:08 am

I saw that top and wanted to try it, I don’t think I have any bad outfits pics though. I will have to look.
Tiffany Dutson recently posted..Utah Valley Marathon Recap

12 abbi June 25, 2013 at 10:10 am

Loving those shorts! I have plenty of terrible running outfits, which one to choose?!?
abbi recently posted..The winning plan

13 Sara June 25, 2013 at 12:39 pm

Oh! I do like that top… and damn that run did look cold!

Sara
Sara recently posted..Escape from Reality

14 joelle (on a pink typewriter) June 25, 2013 at 1:03 pm

Haha I love this! And that outfit – I love Brooks’ running tops… they fit me the best, along w Nike.

How do you become an ambassador for Brooks?
joelle (on a pink typewriter) recently posted..Running San Diego

15 Alice June 25, 2013 at 3:52 pm

That gear looks great on you! How do top and shirt fit? Can you compare The sizes to Adidas or Nike?

Thanks

Alice

16 Meghann June 26, 2013 at 8:37 pm

I’m wearing a small in the shorts and top. I’d say they fit true to size. I’ve never really worn adidas or nike, so I can’t compare.

17 Army Amy* June 25, 2013 at 4:01 pm

I’m an afternoon runner. I find that it helps if I put on my workout clothes at work before I leave. Once I put them on, it’s almost 100% guaranteed that I’ll actually go for a run.
Army Amy* recently posted..Arming Myself

18 [email protected] June 25, 2013 at 4:50 pm

I probably belong to the afternoon runners crowd. Of course, it is a bit tricky to make yourself leave the house once you are already in, but it can’t be worse than making yourself leave the bed at 5am. The only problem that I have if I run too late and too long is that I get endorphin kick in the time when I should go to bed.
[email protected] recently posted..My best friend’s wedding

19 Meghan June 25, 2013 at 8:05 pm

I am totally a morning runner too! If I try to run after work my legs feel like lead. Your look great in the Brooks gear!
Meghan recently posted..Rise and Shine

20 BroccoliHut June 25, 2013 at 8:19 pm

What a cute running outfit!! I’m a sucker for pink.
I hear you on it being SO hot even at 7:00. I was dripping sweat after today’s run–I can’t handle running in 80 degree+ heat!
BroccoliHut recently posted..Peach + Arugula Salad with Goat Cheese

21 Jessica June 25, 2013 at 8:20 pm

That outfit is super cute. Love the idea of mesh for hot day workouts.
Jessica recently posted..Floral Wedding Invitation Set (3 Piece) – DIY – Instant Download by adornedpaper

22 egb June 25, 2013 at 8:36 pm

Great contest idea and the new gear looks pretty cool. Now to dig out a bad running outfit!
egb recently posted..Bootlegger Half Marathon Race Review

23 Jan @ Sprouts n Squats June 26, 2013 at 4:38 am

I love that brooks outfit!!

Got to love your worst running outfit too πŸ™‚ Warmth and comfort are key though!
Jan @ Sprouts n Squats recently posted..Trial Tuesdays #7

24 Steph June 27, 2013 at 9:28 pm

I LOVE those shorts and that tank. They look gorgeous AND comfy!