Long Weekend

by Meghann on May 27, 2013

Three cheers for long weekends!

P5278878.jpg P5278879.jpg P5278880.jpg

My original plan of spending the entire weekend with my husband doing absolutely nothing was a complete success. I feel so relaxed and renewed, ready to tackle on another week.

Friday night Derek was craving pho, so we headed to our favorite Vietnamese restaurant for dinner. I opted out of pho this time and decided to order something a little different and tried the pork, shrimp, and egg roll bowl. I actually ordered it based off of the photo in the menu and am happy to report it was as tasty as the picture led it me to believe it was.

20130524_191848.jpg

So happy I branched of my normal order and tried something different. The bowl was good and I would definitely order it again.

After dinner we stopped for chocolate dipped cones at Bo’s and walked around the block. It was the perfect way to end the beautiful summer evening.

20130524_195828.jpg

Saturday started with blueberry pancakes and errands. This was our first free weekend in a while and we had several errands that needed to get done. To save time and $$, we created a list of what we needed before we left and stuck with it. There was no wandering aimlessly around Target or BJ’s filling our carts with junk, we knew what we needed and were in and out in no time.

I had a free drink at Starbucks, so there was a mini detour to try the new Caramel Ribbon Crunch Frappachino.

20130525_144826.jpg

It as good, but very, very sweet. I think I could have done with about half of the caramel ribbon and been good. I did enjoy the mini crunchy pieces though. Yum.

We took Maddie to the dog park that afternoon.

970042_10103089431291773_86360626_n.jpg

She was in doggie heaven out there. She loves running and splashing in the water with the other dogs. I wish the dog park wasn’t so far away, I would take her here every day if I could.

164904_10103089508621803_1914596885_n.jpg

We spent Sunday at home cleaning and catching up on laundry. We had tickets for Cinebistro to see Hangover 3 that night.

hangover3.jpg

Cinebistro is the “fancy” theater in town with a full bar and a full menu that they serve during the movie. The seats are comfy, the service is good, and the food is actually pretty tasty (full review HERE). We had originally planned to see the movie on Friday night, but when I tried to book the tickets a few hours before the movie started, I discovered they were sold out. Saturday was sold out, too. The earliest availability was Sunday and the best I could do were seats in the second row. So, word of advice, if you want to see a movie at Cinebistro – book early.

Hangover III was just okay. It was better than the second one, but not nearly as great as the first one. They did change the plot up a bit for this one, which was nice. Doug still gets left out of the adventure, though. Poor Doug.

Oh, I ordered the bistro burger with sweet potato fries for my dinner during the movie.

20130526_193111.jpg

I asked for the “secret sauce” on the side and really didn’t feel the burger needed it. It was a decent burger. Nothing amazing, just decent.

Monday was reserved for the beach.

P5278884.JPG

The whole gang was at Ft. Desoto EARLY to try and beat the Memorial Day crowds.

It was such a great beach day. It was hot, but not unbearable and the water was so refreshing. I wish I had remembered my swim cap and goggles, a group did an open water swim off of the beach and I was jealous I couldn’t join in.

P5278875.JPG

P5278890.jpg

We stayed until the crowds moved in, then hightailed it out of there. We were whining about having to get up early for the beach, but it was definitely worth it to avoid finding a spot in this mess.

P5278887.JPG

Like I said, it was a great weekend.

Now, bring on the work week! I’m ready for it! πŸ™‚

1 Becky @ Olives n Wine May 27, 2013 at 6:41 pm

Your weekend looks amazing!! I wish I lived that close to a beach (and that it was warm here in Minneapolis…) so I could have enjoyed Memorial Day in the sun! Have a wonderful week now that you’re relaxed and refreshed πŸ™‚
Becky @ Olives n Wine recently posted..Memorial Day – Weekly Eats

2 Karen @ Runner Girl Eats May 27, 2013 at 7:06 pm

I think your weekend sounds like perfection πŸ™‚ glad you got in a rest filled weekend!!
Karen @ Runner Girl Eats recently posted..Today is not that day.

3 Elisabeth May 27, 2013 at 7:21 pm

Ahhhhh….wish I was there at the beach! I’m in Ohio, where it’s been in the eighties…and is now 55 & has poured all day, just in time for Memorial Day.

Your bathing suit is very cute!

4 Mallory @ my quarter life [crisis] May 27, 2013 at 7:26 pm

Looks like a perfect weekend.
Mallory @ my quarter life [crisis] recently posted..When Men Bring out the Crazy in You

5 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More May 27, 2013 at 7:55 pm

There’s nothing like a fun and relaxing weekend to prepare you for the week ahead! πŸ™‚
Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..Darling, It’s Alright

6 Annette @FitnessPerks May 27, 2013 at 8:06 pm

Sounds so so fun! I spent the day at the pool in the sun. Heavenly!
Annette @FitnessPerks recently posted..Weekend Snapshots + Happy Memorial Day!

7 Mrs. Swan May 27, 2013 at 8:18 pm

Yeah for a nice fun beach day! We chose the local water park ourselves today. Just a little crispy.
Mrs. Swan recently posted..Lumpy fat

8 Jan @ Sprouts n Squats May 27, 2013 at 8:27 pm

So jealous it is warm enough there for swimming and going to the beach. Autumn is just ending here in Australia but it is already boots and coats weather!

That burger and fries looked delicious. But I am particularly jealous of the chocolate dipped ice cream.
Jan @ Sprouts n Squats recently posted..Marvelous in my Mondays #10

9 BroccoliHut May 27, 2013 at 9:23 pm

Mmm that chocolate dipped cone looks so good!
Maddie does look like she’s in heaven in that picture! Margot has actually never been to the beach, but I bet she’d love it if there were other dogs to play with πŸ™‚
BroccoliHut recently posted..Bucket List: Eno River State Park

10 Sarah May 27, 2013 at 9:49 pm

Looks like a great wknd! question, though – did you do any training / exercise this weekend? was suprised to see you not getting up super early on a Saturday to get in some miles!

11 carol May 29, 2013 at 6:40 am

Your new header is great ! Nice change !!!

12 Gina May 29, 2013 at 7:13 am

Looks like you had a great weekend! That ice cream cone pic is leaving me with a serious craving for one!
Gina recently posted..Memorial Day in Pictures and Captions

13 Elizabeth @ Positive Changes May 29, 2013 at 8:11 am

Looks like such an amazing weekend!! I LOVE your new blog layout!!
Elizabeth @ Positive Changes recently posted..Happy Memorial Day!

14 Steph May 29, 2013 at 8:54 am

We didn’t brave the beach this memorial day, but hit the lake instead. I missed swimming though! I’m not a big fan of swimming in Florida lakes. I just can’t relax! lol Looks like you guys had a great time! πŸ™‚
Steph recently posted..So you want to do a triathlon?

15 Maria May 29, 2013 at 9:19 am

Check out Saigon Deli for awesome authentic vietnamese pho. It’s off of Waters and Dale Mabry. I love their boba teas too.

Glad that you had an awesome weekend. Long weekends are the best.
Maria recently posted..2-4-1 Part 2, Haines City 70.3

16 Ashley @ Eat Run Live Happy May 29, 2013 at 11:48 am

It looks like so much fun! I can not wait until I get to go on vacation. This year we are doing a “staycation.” I love the new look as well!
Ashley @ Eat Run Live Happy recently posted..WIAW Weight Loss By Not Dieting

17 Sara May 29, 2013 at 12:35 pm

Sounds Amazing!!!!!! Love your new blog layout!
Sara recently posted..Breakfast and Lunch Lately

18 Beth May 29, 2013 at 12:36 pm

What pho place do you like?

Good to see you Monday!
Beth recently posted..Long Run Tips & Tricks

19 Jamie at Sometimes Healthy Living Blog May 29, 2013 at 12:42 pm

Looks like a great holiday weekend! I would love to try pho some time…I’ve never had it but I feel like I hear about it all the time these days.
Jamie at Sometimes Healthy Living Blog recently posted..WIAW: Losing My Voice

20 Courtney May 29, 2013 at 12:44 pm

Nice header change πŸ™‚ Good idea getting to the beach early; that’s definitely the way to go!

21 Sarah @ Yogi in Action May 29, 2013 at 2:55 pm

Mmm- I love Pho! I am adding this to my list of “things to eat” because just the mention of Pho makes me want to eat it πŸ™‚

Sounds like a great, relaxing long weekend! Way to soak it all up.
Sarah @ Yogi in Action recently posted..Currently

22 Tracy May 29, 2013 at 3:18 pm

Love the new blog layout! Looks great πŸ™‚

23 Tammy May 29, 2013 at 4:32 pm

What a beautiful place, you look like you had a fantastic time. I also enjoy long weekends, especially when the weather is nice, it give us an opportunity to get outside and enjoy the great outdoors.

24 beka @ rebecca roams May 29, 2013 at 6:00 pm

Looks like a great weekend! I sometimes prefer the Bun (rice noodles bowls) over the Pho…. get the beef/steak bowl and ask for a fried egg on top. Puts it over the top delicious. πŸ™‚
beka @ rebecca roams recently posted..CLICK-Starting My Week With A Review Roundup

25 Mckenna May 29, 2013 at 6:43 pm

The blog layout – what an upgrade! I thought I clicked someone elses blog at first and began reading, haha…

Very nice!