How was everyone’s weekend? Mine was full, but wonderful. I got to celebrate Mother’s Day with my beautiful mother yesterday and my equally beautiful mother-in-law this morning. It doesn’t get much better than that.
I also got to enjoy my second-to-last free weekend before Ironman training officially begins next Monday. My weeks of taking it easy are quickly coming to a close. Bring it on!
- 400 m run; shoulder mobility; 10 pvc pass thrus, 10 pvc windmills ea dir; 2x: 10 squats, 8 swings, 6 close grip push ups (elbows tucked in), 4 strict pull ups
Skill Focus: Press
- 5 rm press (2-3 attempts)
WOD: w/ a partner (at a 1:1)
- 7 front squats 115#/85# (I did 65#)
- 7 swings 70#/53# (I did 35#)
- 7 C2B pull ups
- 5 rds ea for team time
My 5 RM press sucked. Without the power of a push, swing, something I’m WEAK in the press department. Luckily I made up for it in the WOD. I partnered up with one of the stronger girls in the class, which ended up working to my advantage because Speedy McSpeedy kicked some major butt. Her kicking butt inspired me to kick butt and we ended up being the first team done.
AM: 4 Mile Run
4 miles is officially my favorite distance to run during the week. It’s the distance of my favorite route and I can usually finish the run without pushing time. That’s why you see me do a lot of 4 milers.
UPSIDE DOWN HOW?
- 300 m shuttle (50 forward, 50 backward); sh mob; 10 pass thrus, 20 straight legged toe touches, 4 wall climbs + push up, 10 alt lunges w/ arm raise, 10 sq jumps, 10 back x
Skill Focus: HSPU
- 3 x max reps hspu
WOD: AMRAP in 15 min
- 1, 2, 3, 4. . . DL to HPC to PC 135#/95# (I did 55#)
- 10 plyo push ups
- 20 yd shuttle x 2
- Push ups and shuttle stay constant, add a rep to bar complex each round.
My shoulders were sore for DAYS after this WOD. I started with 65# on the bar, but ended up dropping right before we started and I’m so glad I did. After the third or round, I had trouble keeping the DL (dead lift) to HPC (hand power clean) to PC (power clean) sequence straight.
PM: Swim 1650 yards
- 300 Warm-UP
- 6×50 @ 1:00
- 50 easy
- 300 medium
- 50 easy
- 4×50 @ 1:00
- 50 easy
- 200 medium
- 50 easy
- 2 x 50 @ 1:00
- 50 cool down
AM: 3 mile run
I love my runs with Maddie.
- 200 m row/run; 10 pvc pass thrus, 10 ring rows, 10 good mornings, 10 sit ups, 10 ea alt lunges; hip, calf, ankle mobility
Skill Focus: Deadlift
- Deadlift 5 rm (1-3 attempts max)
- 21. 15. 9
- bench press bw/70% ( I did 65#)
- pull ups
Holy bench presses!!! This one was brutal! In other news, I set a new PR for my deadlift 5 rm: 145#! Considering my 1rm is currently set at 155 and my last 3 rm was 125, I’d say that’s a huge improvement. I felt strong at that weight too, like I was really giving it my all. Makes me want to try for my 1rm again!
Unless you count walking around Magic Kingdom?
Run: 6 MIles
Sticking with my trend of keeping a decent pace for my Sunday runs – managed an 8:45 average! Unfortunately I didn’t plan my time well and was almost late for Mother’s Day Brunch afterwards – MAJOR fail!
On my mind lately: sticking with CrossFit while Ironman training.
As I count down my final weeks to Ironman training, I’m afraid I’m also counting down my final days of CrossFit. Unfortunately, I’m afraid there just aren’t enough hours in the day to do CrossFit and train for my Ironman. Some friends have recommended checking out CrossFit Endurance, but the thing I love about my box is that it’s so close to my house. The closest CrossFit Endurance box is about 20 minutes from me and I can tell you right now that I’m not willing to make the drive.
I’m going to miss CrossFit, but I’m afraid it’s time for a break. *sniff *sniff