My Day

by Meghann on April 18, 2013

Happy Thursday!

Do you know why it’s “Happy”?! Because tomorrow is FRIDAY!!! Woo hoo!

I swear this week has been just as long as last week. After working out booties off all last week for race day, we were back in the office Monday morning prepping for the rest of the season. I plan on spending the upcoming weekend catching up on sleep. Lots and lots of sleep.

This morning I ran. I covered four miles on my favorite route from my house and enjoyed the quiet roads that are always so peaceful right before the sun rises. I love running in the morning. It’s usually just me, the road, and the street lamps. I love that.

I’m still listening to this month’s book club read (Running the Rift) even though we may have already had our monthly meeting to discuss the book on Tuesday. Whoops. I blame my new car. It doesn’t have an auxiliary plug (YET, hoping to have one installed this weekend!) so I can’t listen to the book on the way to and from work. Lately the only chance I have to listen is on runs and I’m just not breaking in as many miles as I used to. It is a great book and I’m hoping to finish it soon (I only have 4 hours left!). Luckily I wasn’t the only one at book club who hadn’t finished so we kept the discussion spoiler free.

I treated myself with some mid-week pancakes after my run.

20130418_073106.jpg

I’m still obsessed with this Greek Yogurt Pancake recipe. It’s seriously so easy that it takes no extra time to make before work. I used Lemon Chobani this morning and prepped the batter before I hopped in the shower. I also added some chia seeds for the hell of it. After sitting for about 15 minutes the batter was extra fluffy, this made for extra fluffy pancakes. Yum.

I’ve developed a really bad habit of stopping at Starbucks on the way to work every morning. My AMAZING friends all chipped in and gave me a hefty Starbucks gift card on my first day of work that has been feeding my habit. Yep, I pretty much have the greatest friends in the world who know the way to my heart – Starbucks.

IMG_20130418_215408.jpg

I’m about halfway through the gift card now. My go-to drink is a Grande Non-Fat Misto with Dark Roast, which thankfully is not a drink that really breaks the bank (except for the days I splurge on a latte or frappe).

When I worked from home I gave up the mid-morning snack routine I developed at my last office job simply because I was eating breakfast later and didn’t really need it. Now that I’m back to working out at 5:30am and eating breakfast around 7ish, I need it again. It’s like clockwork, right at 10:00am my tummy starts to grumble and I know I need a little something, something to hold me over until lunch at noon.

Lately I’ve been grabbing handfuls of nuts when that happens.

20130418_145638.jpg

I bought this never-ending bag of mixed nuts from BJs in March and it’s been in my desk drawer since day one. It keeps things easy.

Dork alert.

20130418_120732.jpg

The weather was AMAZING for a picnic lunch by the water. A couple of co-workers and I brought our lunch sacks downstairs to soak up some good ole vitamin d.

I packed a kale salad today (dressed with lemon juice and evoo and topped with avocado and tomatoes), an apple, and cheese.

20130418_120724.jpg

I really wanted some PB to go with the apple, but we’re all out at home. Boo.

Outfit of the day:

20130418_135320.jpg

Skirt and shirt = Limited. Cardigan = Loft. Necklace = your guess is as good as mine.

I had a leftover Luna bar from my snack bag this weekend that made for a delicious afternoon snack.

20130418_145648.jpg

I finished up work around 5:30 and battled the usual horrific traffic on the way home. I hate traffic. For some reason it’s been extra bad this week. Not cool.

Luckily the drive home gave me plenty of time to think about dinner. I had a pound of ground turkey in the fridge that needed to be turned into something good. For whatever reason my asian meatloaf recipe came to mind and I knew what I was making. I did have one slight change to the recipe – I added some shredded carrot to bulk it up a bit.

20130418_191545.jpg

The meatloaf was served with roasted brussels sprouts and mashed sweet potato. Such a good meal.

I had a Klondike Bar for dessert.

20130418_193440.jpg

They were BOGO the other week so Derek happily added them to the shopping cart. I swear they call my name from the freezer. Heath Bar has always been a favorite of mine. 😉

In other news, my siblings ran Color Me Rad last Friday.

601953_10201271274047843_1494871801_n.jpg

Their race registrations were Christmas presents from Derek and I last December. I was really bummed I wasn’t able to join them, but am THRILLED they had so much fun!!

526455_10201271276207897_488565501_n.jpg

There’s a Color Me Rad coming to Tampa on May 25th – anyone interested in doing it?!?! I’m dying to do one of these races!

Alright. That’s it from my end.

Good night!

1 [email protected] April 18, 2013 at 10:14 pm

I haven’t been able to find that flavour of Luna bar in Canada! Argh. Is it as delicious as it sounds?!

2 [email protected] April 18, 2013 at 10:15 pm

I’ve got a color me rad race coming up on May. Can’t wait! And I really need to try those pancakes!
[email protected] recently posted..Creamy Lemon Pasta with a Secret Ingredient

3 lisa fine April 18, 2013 at 10:20 pm

Ooh, I so want to make those Greek yogurt pancakes sometime. We’ve been on a tight budget, so no Greek yogurt in our shopping cart lately. But when I do, I’ll be sure to try these out. Yum.

Happy almost Friday!
lisa fine recently posted..lisa + josh : a new chapter.

4 Michelle @A Healthy Mrs April 18, 2013 at 10:37 pm

I’m jealous of your picnic weather & your Klondike Bar! 🙂

Luna bars are still my go to snack fix — can’t go wrong!

5 Julie @ There and Back Again April 18, 2013 at 10:43 pm

My friend and I are running Color Me Rad in Richmond on Saturday!! I’m so excited, and seeing people’s awesome race photos like those of your siblings just make me more stoked 🙂 They seem like such fun races, I hope you get to run one soon!
Julie @ There and Back Again recently posted..Weekend Update

6 Ashley @ Eat Run Live Happy April 18, 2013 at 10:55 pm

I did the color run with my bf last year. It was a lot of fun. You are so busy! Seems like such a fun job though!
Ashley @ Eat Run Live Happy recently posted..Blame It On The Rain

7 Annette @FitnessPerks April 18, 2013 at 11:06 pm

I love your outfit-super cute!

And I love Heath bars too.yummmm.

8 Jane @ Not Plain So Jane April 18, 2013 at 11:12 pm

Klondike bars + HEATH= heaven. I got in the bad habit of going to starbucks every morning on the way to work. As an unpaid dietetic intern, it wasn’t good for the wallet! Now I try to treat myself 1-2X/week. I’ve tried that Luna bar before, I still think the Peppermint & chocolate one is the best!
Jane @ Not Plain So Jane recently posted..10 Tips to Recover from Coachella

9 Barb April 18, 2013 at 11:13 pm

Umm why don’t you make a cup of coffee in the Keurig you got for free & take it to go?

10 Meghann April 19, 2013 at 6:36 am

Because I have the gift card and it calls my name. 🙂 I do the Keurig every other day, but it’s definitely not as delicious as Starbucks.

11 Stephanie April 18, 2013 at 11:24 pm

I did Color Me Rad in February. It was so much fun! Oh, and their race shirts are soft and comfortable too 🙂

12 Timi April 18, 2013 at 11:46 pm

I just tried the Lemon Chobani yogurt pancakes this weekend.
They are the most moist and flavorful pancakes! I made several and reheated them in the microwave this whole week. I added some Qi’a Mix on top with some coconut oil!
Thank you for sharing!
Congrats on your new “strengths”! I think you nailed it- we don’t give ourselves the chance to win sometimes. Love your posts-thanks again!

13 Mary April 19, 2013 at 12:27 am

I really hope the Colour Me Rad races make their way to the UK soon. So many people have mentioned them lately and they look like so much fun. I wanna join in!
Mary recently posted..How much water do I drink?

14 [email protected] April 19, 2013 at 2:22 am

I also have this urge to eat a morning snack around 10:30. It may have something to do with light and fruity breakfasts. Anyway, I’m fine with it.
Great outfit! Do you have some dress code or guidelines at your new job?

15 ash bear April 19, 2013 at 5:24 am

I ordered that same coffee yesterday for the first time! It was delicious and more reasonably priced! Your outfit is super cute and I love seeing what your day is like. 🙂
ash bear recently posted..Workout+Wine

16 Jenni April 19, 2013 at 6:46 am

I’m doing Color me Rad! Color runs are so much fun! I did the Color Run with my bestie when it came around and now we’ve signed up for Color Me Rad when it they had a groupon up for it. I think right now they are having a $5 off registration promotion!

17 Katie @ Peace Love & Oats April 19, 2013 at 7:02 am

I’ve developed an every day starbucks addiction too… occasionally twice a day. Luckily I usually just get a tall blonde roast, which is probably the cheapest thing on the menu. Unluckily it’s about to become ice coffee weather which is where it gets more expensive since I start adding things to it like syrups!
Katie @ Peace Love & Oats recently posted..Intuitive Drinking

18 Danielle @ itsaharleyyylife April 19, 2013 at 7:21 am

I seem to always get in the habit of going to starbucks for like a month all the time and then i’ll take a week off and then do it again. Not good for the bank account the months I go. I love your outfit. The skirt is adorable. The luna bar sounds yummy!
Danielle @ itsaharleyyylife recently posted..Wedding Friday: Photo Booth

19 Jan @ Sprouts n Squats April 19, 2013 at 7:38 am

I can’t tell you how damn happy I was that today was Friday as well!

I’ve just discovered roasted brussel sprouts and I love them!
Jan @ Sprouts n Squats recently posted..Friday Favourites #7

20 [email protected] April 19, 2013 at 7:45 am
21 Amber @ Busy, Bold, Blessed April 19, 2013 at 7:56 am

Never done a color run, but we’re doing an electric run in July. It’s at night with glow in the dark and light up stuff, and there’s a dance party at the finish line! Super pumped!
Amber @ Busy, Bold, Blessed recently posted..My April Whole30: Day 18

22 Molly @ RDexposed April 19, 2013 at 8:10 am

I actually like the spoilers at book club. I’m usually itching to know what happens.
Molly @ RDexposed recently posted..Chocolate Control

23 Karen @ Runner Girl Eats April 19, 2013 at 8:25 am

Karen @ Runner Girl Eats recently posted..Friday Favorites: Feel Good Edition

24 Karen @ Runner Girl Eats April 19, 2013 at 8:27 am

I love the idea of giving race registrations as christmas gifts! I would LOVE to receive that 🙂 those pancakes look great too.
Karen @ Runner Girl Eats recently posted..Friday Favorites: Feel Good Edition

25 Natalie @ Free Range Human April 19, 2013 at 9:09 am

THose pancakes look great. I think tomorrow is definitely going to have to be Pancake Saturday!
Natalie @ Free Range Human recently posted..Max’s Big Adventure

26 Emily @ The Swallow Flies April 19, 2013 at 9:35 am

I haven’t done a Color Me Rad race, but I did do the Color Run last year and had a BLAST! Just don’t get the color in your eyes. 🙂
Emily @ The Swallow Flies recently posted..Busiest of Busy Days

27 joelle (on a pink typewriter) April 19, 2013 at 10:01 am

Those pancakes look amaaaazing.

28 Gina April 19, 2013 at 10:19 am

Is your sister having a baby?

29 Gina April 19, 2013 at 10:21 am

Is your sister having a baby? Cute!

30 Meghann April 19, 2013 at 11:23 am

She is not having a baby. She’s training for an Ironman, that means no babies until at least 2014.

31 Sarah @ Yogi in Action April 19, 2013 at 10:40 am

I’m so jealous of your sister for doing the Colour me Rad! There’s one coming to my city and I SO wanted to do it. Sadly I’ll be in Costa Rica for yoga teacher training (which I’m even more excited for) so I’ll miss it 🙁

Love your outfit of the day!
Sarah @ Yogi in Action recently posted..Slow cooker chicken

32 Pearson Smith April 19, 2013 at 11:41 am

I just had to comment… I didn’t realize you were reading, Running the Rift. It came off hold at the library to my Kindle a few weeks ago and am just loving it. I have been getting to bed at 7:30 p.m. just as an excuse to read. If only my eyes would stay open a little longer.

33 Diana April 19, 2013 at 11:46 am

The color me rad race is so much fun! I did the Orlando one last weekend. Can’t wait to do another!
Diana recently posted..Color Me Rad 5k

34 Ja @Ja on the RUN April 19, 2013 at 1:53 pm

Doing a color me rad race too in June! so excited! 🙂
Ja @Ja on the RUN recently posted..Thinking Of You, Boston.

35 Carli April 19, 2013 at 7:53 pm

Asian meatloaf sounds great!

It’s warm here but the rain keeps us from getting out. Hopefuly this weekend will dry up a little.
Carli recently posted..How to Know If You’re Working Out Hard Enough #FitnessFriday

36 Victoria @ Reluctantly Skinny April 19, 2013 at 8:06 pm

I’m doing the Brooklyn Color Run this July so pumped for it! Sounds like such a fun race!
Victoria @ Reluctantly Skinny recently posted..Favorite Smoothies for the Summer

37 [email protected] April 19, 2013 at 10:27 pm

I have a color run coming up in June. I cant wait!!! What a cool Christmas gift. 🙂
[email protected] recently posted..Dirty Hands On a Friday Night

38 Chelsea April 20, 2013 at 5:43 am

You should definitely do it! I just did the one in Orlando and already signed up for the Color Me Rad Tampa. It is an absolute blast!!
Chelsea recently posted..#milesforboston

39 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More April 21, 2013 at 2:13 pm

I’m doing the color run in Chicago this summer and SO excited! I’m running it with a few friends and can’t wait to come out colored in crazy colors. 🙂
Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..From Easy to HIIT