Mish Mash Monday

by Meghann on April 1, 2013

I had an amazing run this morning. It wasn’t a fast run, a training run, or any other run that required effort or thinking – it was just a run and it felt great.

I actually got the desire to run right before I went to bed last night. Mondays are usually CrossFit mornings and the first thing I thought was I couldn’t run, I had CrossFit. Then I realized how silly of a response that was. I’m not training for anything in particular at the moment (Ironman training starts in May!) – if I want to run, then I should run. So this morning I laced up my Brooks Ghost 5s and took off for 5 miles.

Like I said above, the 5 miles felt great. I kept a steady pace and just went with the flow. The weather was perfect – not too cold and not too warm. It’s the type of weather you wish would stick around all year. I finished the 5 miles with a smile and was almost ready for more.

I’ve been antsy the past couple of months. It feels strange not training for a spring marathon, but I know holding off now will be worth it when I dive head first into Ironman training this summer. I tend to burn out easily and holding off training as long as I can will hopefully prevent that.

In the mean time, I created a #RunHappy Pinterest Board for a little inspiration while I wait. Check out the board HERE and I challenge you to make your own. Nothing like a few inspirational sayings to have you gearing for race season!

A few of you have asked what training plan I’m using for Ironman Florida. I’m loosely using Start to Finish: 24 Weeks to an Endurance Triathlon.

ironmanbook.jpg

I bought this book last fall and enjoy the weekly breakdown of the plan. I do plan to tweak it to my upcoming crazy travel schedule this summer, but I’m confident I can follow through with it. Don’t worry, I plan to do a full post on my complete Ironman training plan as soon as I start training. I still don’t have all the final tweaks yet. I’m hoping to do some of the longer bike rides with my siblings, so we’ll have to see how our schedules lines up.

Screen shot 2013-04-01 at 9.55.00 PM.png Screen shot 2013-04-01 at 9.55.25 PM.png

I totally dropped the ball with April Fools this year. Sorry, no jokes from me! Though I did see some good ones. Major props for the ever clever Caitlin, Kath, and Monica for their April Fools posts. My co-worker was fooled by her cousin, who posted a photo of an ultrasound on his Facebook. She was *this close* to laying it into him before I reminded her it was April Fools. He got her good!

My laptop got me good this morning. I brought my work laptop home over the weekend and totally forgot about it until I went to turn my computer on at the office this morning. MAJOR FAIL! I had to drive all the way home (30 minute trip each way) to retrieve the little sucker. I vow never to accidentally leave my laptop at home again! Has anyone else ever done that?

Holiday leftovers make the best lunches.

168523_10102925708293973_1628915643_n.jpg

Publix was closed yesterday so our fridge remained empty after we got home last night. Luckily I thought ahead and brought some leftovers home for lunch today. The ham went really well with the cranberry and pecan quinoa salad I made for Easter yesterday. 🙂

Of course that meant I had to run to Publix to do our weekly grocery shopping after work today. Ugh. Such a bad idea. I ended up spending more than I wanted and bringing home so many random items simply because I was hungry.

Some sushi did make it in my cart for dinner. I took a photo, but it was quick and fuzzy so you’ll just have to take my word for it. 😉

What a long Monday. Derek is already asleep on the couch and I think I might join him.

Good Night!

1 Becky @ Olives n Wine April 1, 2013 at 10:29 pm

I have totally left my work laptop at home before! Epic fail! I had to walk the 30 minutes home and 30 minutes back… At least I got a little extra exercise in 🙂 You totally got me with the plane joke! I was thinking there was no way I’d ever get into a glass-bottomed plane, haha!
Becky @ Olives n Wine recently posted..Roasted Asparagus & Melon Salad

2 Michelle @ A Healthy Mrs April 1, 2013 at 10:30 pm

I’m no good with April Fools pranks — but I sure love hearing everyone else’s! 🙂

3 Becky @ runfundone April 1, 2013 at 10:35 pm

How ridiculous is it that I saw your IM training book and thought, “Hey! All you have to do is follow that training book! I can TOTALLY do an Ironman!” Um…I can’t even run a strong half-marathon right now due to injury, and I’ve never run a full…and running is my strongest sport! Ironman is a distant, distant, distant dream for me! 🙂
Becky @ runfundone recently posted..I Like Learning! Nuun HTC Application

4 Jan @ Sprouts n Squats April 2, 2013 at 6:06 am

It must have been the day for running yesterday as I had a really good run too. My first one in a while.
Jan @ Sprouts n Squats recently posted..March Recap

5 Lucy April 2, 2013 at 8:06 am

I left my computer at home one time with an hour plus commute through NYC suburb traffic (think more like two or three hours at rush hour) Needless to say it is a mistake I will only make once!

6 Steph April 2, 2013 at 8:59 am

I did a prank on my blog telling people I was moving to take a position with NASA. I had to delete it because by yesterday evening, the whole school where I work thought it was true!!! I didn’t realize I had so many gullible people in my life. lol 🙂
Steph recently posted..We’re moving!

7 Sara @ Fitcupcaker April 2, 2013 at 9:57 am

Sara @ Fitcupcaker recently posted..Easter Eats: Sugar Coma

8 Sara @ Fitcupcaker April 2, 2013 at 10:02 am

Holiday leftovers are the bomb! Yours look great! Leftover candy all over my house is not the bomb! I need to get back into running once it warms up!
Sara @ Fitcupcaker recently posted..Easter Eats: Sugar Coma

9 Megan April 2, 2013 at 10:32 am

I have definitly left my laptop at home! Such a pain.. I usually just go home and then work from home- not worth driving back!

10 Karla @ RunKarlaRun.com April 2, 2013 at 10:38 am

Eater ham makes the best leftovers! My favorite part of the holiday is enjoying it for the next 2-3 days 🙂
Karla @ RunKarlaRun.com recently posted..Marine Corps Marathon Snafu Shows Lotteries Are Best

11 Annette @FitnessPerks April 2, 2013 at 11:45 am

I work from home & so have a laptop there–but when I take it with me on flights or trips, it is a MUST to remember it!!! Haven’t forgotten it yet–fingers crossed!
Annette @FitnessPerks recently posted..Not Always What It Seems

12 Meghan @ After the Ivy League April 2, 2013 at 12:40 pm

I have totally forgotten my laptop multiple times over the past few years of working, it always sucks when I do that! Thankfully I’m only about 10-15 min from my office now so it’s not too bad, but it’s still annoying haha
Meghan @ After the Ivy League recently posted..GF Hummingbird Cupcakes and a Non-Recipe

13 Anne April 2, 2013 at 1:11 pm

I also left my work laptop home ONCE! Luckily for me it was a 10 minute round trip to retrieve it.

14 RunEatRepeat April 2, 2013 at 1:37 pm

Did I trick you? 😉
RunEatRepeat recently posted..Tempo Tuesday in Brooks Pure Connect

15 Emily April 3, 2013 at 3:50 pm

I’ve only forgotten my laptop once, because it cost me an additional 45-minute commute plus an extra $6 bridge toll. That was annoying. And painful. I would have just worked from home but I had meetings to attend 🙁
Emily recently posted..The One Where I Quickly Share my Whole30 Day 3