Easter Weekend

by Meghann on March 31, 2013

Happy Easter!

How was everyone’s holiday weekend? I had an active weekend thanks to my amazing siblings. I wish we all lived closer and could train together all the time!

Saturday my sister, brother, and I hit the local pool for an awesome 2000 yd swim.

64364_10102918803486263_1444805216_n.jpg

I don’t know what it was, but I felt really good in the pool during our workout. I haven’t been the greatest with getting to the pool lately and have pretty much accepted the fact that I’m undertrained and going to feel like crap during every swim. Talk about the wrong attitude! Maybe it was the fact I was swimming with my siblings, but I felt strong and confident in my swim stroke, something I haven’t felt in a while. I think it’s also because our workout was on the casual side with a slow and steady approach. Until I can build my endurance back up in the pool, I think I need more swims like that in my life.

20130330_131247.jpg

This morning (Sunday) Kelly and I loaded our bikes up and headed to our favorite local spot to ride, River Road.

20130331_092819.jpg

We really lucked out with a gorgeous low-wind ride. How could you not love a route where you’re riding along the water the whole time? We even saw a dolphin during our ride!

20130331_092334.jpg 20130331_092351.jpg

There was a minor set back in the beginning when we realized my front brake was rubbing my front tire. Yet again we were reminded just how amazing fellow cyclists are when a few cyclists around us offered to help with the problem. Turns out my front brake was loose. A new friend had an allen wrench and was able to fix the problem in less than a minute.

20130331_083044.jpg

Unfortunately the set-back did eat up some of our precious workout time and we only had enough time to ride 13 miles instead of our planned 20. A shorter ride is better than no ride, right? After we got our 13 miles in, we switched our cycling shoes for running shoes and finished up with a quick 2 mile run by the water. Not a bad Easter morning workout in my opinion.

We had to get back to finish getting ready for our family’s Easter celebration at my Aunt and Uncle’s house. At last count they were expecting 60 family members for Easter lunch!

IMG_9899.jpg IMG_9900.jpg

IMG_9925.JPG IMG_9926.JPG IMG_9927.JPG IMG_9928.JPG IMG_9929.JPG

IMG_9931.JPG IMG_9932.JPG

IMG_0006.jpg IMG_0007.jpg IMG_0008.jpg

IMG_0010.jpg IMG_0012.jpg

I hope everyone had a great Easter filled with family, friends, and lots of chocolate filled eggs. πŸ˜‰

Good night!

1 Alex March 31, 2013 at 8:48 pm

Wow! What a spread! The salad looks great and so do the cupcakes.
The pictures are just gorgeous, so summery and colorful.

Happy Easter!
Alex recently posted..I opened an Etsy shop!

2 Ani March 31, 2013 at 10:20 pm

Those are the most beautiful pictures for what looks like a fantastic Easter Sunday! I love planning big family gatherings filled with blessings and of course lots of food!!
Ani recently posted..An Unconventional Easter

3 Stephanie @ Steph's Miles March 31, 2013 at 10:21 pm

Cute Easter outfit! Your family’s celebration looked like so much fun. The salads looked so yummy too!
Stephanie @ Steph’s Miles recently posted..I Can’t Get Rid of Old T-Shirts

4 Mrs. Swan March 31, 2013 at 10:38 pm

What time period are all the names on the birthday cake from?
Mrs. Swan recently posted..What has happened to me??

5 MealsAndMiles April 1, 2013 at 5:32 am

January to May and only people in attendance were included.

6 Mrs. Swan April 2, 2013 at 11:27 am

Gotcha. I was trying to figure out why your twin’s name wasn’t on the cake anywhere. It just seemed weird to leave off a twin but I see why now.
Mrs. Swan recently posted..Happy Easter

7 Jenna April 2, 2013 at 5:02 pm

I still think it is weird to leave off the twin. He couldn’t make it so what…he doesn’t exist?
Jenna recently posted..March Is Over! And Mexico!

8 MealsAndMiles April 2, 2013 at 5:11 pm

The cake was only for family members in attendance. If we included everyone there would be 10 more names on the cake.

9 Victoria @ Reluctantly Skinny March 31, 2013 at 11:15 pm

That’s quite the spread. Looks like you guys had good weather too! It started to get nice up here in NY for all of an hour before it started to rain!
Victoria @ Reluctantly Skinny recently posted..Sweet Potato, Apple, and Chicken Sausage Casserole

10 Jan @ Sprouts n Squats April 1, 2013 at 12:59 am

That cake looked amazing!!

Glad to hear you had a better swim. Sometimes its good to mix it up and do exercise with friends or family when you can relax more and just enjoy it πŸ™‚
Jan @ Sprouts n Squats recently posted..Marvelous in My Monday #3

11 Angela April 1, 2013 at 1:20 am

I love those vases! So creative! πŸ™‚ Was your mom hiding eggs or hunting them? πŸ™‚
Angela recently posted..Happy Easter!

12 MealsAndMiles April 1, 2013 at 5:33 am

That’s my aunt and she was hiding them. πŸ™‚

13 Serena April 1, 2013 at 2:28 am

Happy Easter! Your food looked so great!
Serena recently posted..Happy Easter + weekly recap

14 Mary April 1, 2013 at 3:06 am

Wow! That is one massive Easter celebration! Looks like so much fun. I wish our family got together like yours do more often. Happy Easter!
Mary recently posted..Wine and champagne = bad

15 Anna @ Sincerely, Anna April 1, 2013 at 4:32 am

Your family has the most creative egg hiding spaces ever. In the trees? That`s so cool! And look at that cake, I`ve never seen a birthday message on a cake that was as long as this one.
Happy Easter, I`m glad you are doing so great! πŸ™‚
Anna @ Sincerely, Anna recently posted..Food For Thought

16 Sara @my less serious life April 1, 2013 at 6:24 am

i love these easter hunt pictures!!
Sara @my less serious life recently posted..weekend review: a non-traditional easter

17 Kathy April 1, 2013 at 6:38 am

I know you have heard this a lot but besides the fact that CHRIST HAS RISEN…your pictures illustrate what EASTER is all about.
SPRING.
TOGETHER TIME
FAMILY~FUN~FOOD
EGG HUNT
Simply Precious…..

With every one having busy schedules these days it seems families (large families) don’t get together any more (except for a funeral or wedding) I love seeing these photos of every one. THankS For Sharing with all of US! πŸ˜‰

18 Pat Sutherland April 1, 2013 at 6:39 am

Looks like you had a great Easter weekend. A perfect combination of exercise and party fun. Your swimming pics also gave me an idea… I haven’t been out much with my brother lately, perhaps that would be something good to meet up for. Cheers.

19 [email protected] April 1, 2013 at 6:59 am

What sweet pictures. My family is tiny so we have nothing that resembles that at holidays. What a blessing to be part of such a big happy family! Lovely!! Happy Easter!
[email protected] recently posted..Happy Easter…Peeps!

20 Ashley @ Eat Run Live Happy April 1, 2013 at 7:58 am

Looks like a lot of fun! The first thing that caught my eye was those layered salads. So pretty! I love pretty food.
Ashley @ Eat Run Live Happy recently posted..Happy Easter in Pictures

21 Karen @ Runner Girl Eats April 1, 2013 at 9:24 am

We had a great Easter but much smaller than yours! Looks like a good time. I am 27 and still love Easter egg hunts.
Karen @ Runner Girl Eats recently posted..The world’s worst bike rack and ultimate guilty pleasure food

22 Emily @ The Swallow Flies April 1, 2013 at 9:28 am

Your Easter celebration looks amazing! Hope you had a wonderful time – it sure looks like you did!
Emily @ The Swallow Flies recently posted..Planning & Shopping

23 Emily N April 1, 2013 at 10:22 am

Looks like you had a lovely Easter! πŸ™‚
Emily N recently posted..Weekly Workout Recap: March 24

24 Jane @ Not Plain So Jane April 1, 2013 at 10:29 am

Such colorful food, love it! I seriously wish I liked to swim, it is so good for you!
Jane @ Not Plain So Jane recently posted..Weekend Part II

25 Meghan @ After the Ivy League April 1, 2013 at 10:44 am

What a big celebration for Easter! Looks like so much fun, and the food all looks beautiful. So many pictures!
Meghan @ After the Ivy League recently posted..Short and (definitely) Sweet

26 Sonia the Mexigarian April 1, 2013 at 11:44 am

what a fun Easter weekend! love all the pictures. 60 people?? That’s a just a little over my family gatherings πŸ™‚ haha. Such a lovely area for a family get together.
Sonia the Mexigarian recently posted..One Hope Chardonnay Wine of the Week

27 Lindsay April 1, 2013 at 11:59 am

Now that you’re going out on longer bike rides, you should consider investing in a few tools to make sure you won’t be stranded 50 miles away. You can pick up a hex wrench for about $10 at the bike store, and it’s good for so many things!

28 Katie April 1, 2013 at 12:28 pm

So jealous that you have such a large family to celebrate with! That looks like an amazing time…..and I’m sure you’re hitting the age when those family celebrations are so much more fun than when you were younger πŸ™‚

29 Annette @FitnessPerks April 1, 2013 at 1:26 pm

Mmmm delicious!! That salad looks fantastic!! What a fun celebration. We had a blast too πŸ™‚ Great Easter time celebrating our Savior!
Annette @FitnessPerks recently posted..Easter 2013 Recap

30 Carli April 1, 2013 at 2:27 pm

What a lovely weekend! I luv the pic with the kids around the cake. They look like they are unhappy but when they get their piece they are all smiles. Cute!

Glad you had a good swim. πŸ™‚
Carli recently posted..Do Members of the Opposite Sex Make Good Weight Loss Buddies?

31 Chelsea April 1, 2013 at 2:51 pm

What an awesome Easter you guys had – all that food looks to die for! And I have to say, those carrot centerpieces are the cutest things I’ve ever seen, and an idea I may totally have to steal πŸ™‚
Chelsea recently posted..Yeah, its Monday again

32 Emily April 1, 2013 at 5:25 pm

Are your siblings training for the same races? Or so y’all just have fun working out together? Either way that’s fun; the only sport my sibs and I do together is a race to the bottom of the wine bottle πŸ˜‰

Loving those center pieces! And the “all the birthdays” birthday cake!
Emily recently posted..The One Where I Was Hungover on Easter, Whole30 Day 1

33 Meghann April 1, 2013 at 9:29 pm

Yes, we’re all signed up Ironman Florida πŸ™‚

34 Erin @ The Elliptical Chronicles April 1, 2013 at 9:07 pm

Nice job on the weekend of exercise! I love getting a good workout in when heading into a holiday weekend or the morning of a holiday πŸ™‚
Erin @ The Elliptical Chronicles recently posted..Driving Miss Daisy… To Cincinnati and Back

35 Jillian April 2, 2013 at 12:29 pm

Ok- so those girls are dressed so cute! Adorable!

I think April Fool’s is a bit overrated although I did think Kath’s was funny. On the other hand, I thought what Caitlin did to her husband was kind of mean. Not sure if he fell for it, but I just didn’t see the humor.

Not sure if anyone mentioned it, or you if you have one (can’t see it in the photos if you do) but if you will be doing long rides you should have a bento box with stuff to fix your bike in case you get stranded. Always helps πŸ™‚
Jillian recently posted..13 Life Lessons I Have Learned

36 Kim April 2, 2013 at 1:11 pm

Love your family celebration pix! I especially like the carrots in the jar!
Thanks for your post!
Kim recently posted..It’s All About Being Together

37 Jessie April 2, 2013 at 1:12 pm

Is your sister pregnant? She looks fuller.

38 MealsAndMiles April 2, 2013 at 5:12 pm

What? No. She’s training for an ironman. No babies until 2014.

39 Sarah April 3, 2013 at 10:18 am

um- just bc its online- doesn’t mean you should ask inappropriate ?s that you would NEVER ask in person. Have some tact..dont you think this comment would hurt her sisters feelings if she read it?