So I had a first today…
We had a team lunch at Datz (one of my favorite places to eat in Tampa) this afternoon. Everything was going great at first – we gave our order, the server filled our drinks, and we were all excited about the delicious food heading our way. Then a bunch of time went by and we started to wonder where our food was (or where our server had disappeared to). We drooled over every full tray of food that passed us and wondered if it was ours. It was not.
After 20 or 30 minutes of waiting, one of those trays finally stopped in front of us and lunch was served. (I got the “Turkey Talk” sandwich with fig preserves and arugula. yum.) As soon as the food appeared another server stopped by to make an announcement, “… I’m your server now because, well, your last server just quit.” What? All we could do was laugh.
Has anyone else ever had this happened to them? It was definitely a first for all of us. At least we have a story to tell out of it.
Other notes of the day:
- I did my first Turkish Get Ups at CrossFit this morning. For a move that feels so slow and steady, I found myself out of breath after each set. I maxed out with a 25 lb dumbbell – we all have to start somewhere, right?
- I figured something out during the 20 minute WOD today. When it comes down to it WODs are a lot like running. WODs that are meant to be short and fast, I’m terrible at (just like short distance races in running), but when it comes down to pacing myself in the longer sets (or longer runs) I kick ass. I’ll take a 20 minute WOD over a 5 minute one – and a half marathon over a 5k – any day of the week.
- Derek stopped at Walgreens on the way home today and randomly bought Maddie a bone. For some reason this really made me smile. 🙂
- I only half folded that laundry I mentioned yesterday. A basket of running clothes is giving the please-put-us-away death stare right now.
- I get to see my family this weekend! Derek and I haven’t been to Titusville since our wedding, we’re beyond pumped to spend the Easter weekend with them!
- Tomorrow is going to be crazy busy at work. We have two big things happening at once. Instead of bring nervous about it, I’m excited. Bring. It. On.
I guess this post needs a photo.
When in doubt, put a dog on.