Monday

by Meghann on March 25, 2013

I. Am. Wiped.

It wasn’t even that crazy of a day. I’m just going to blame it on Monday. Darn you, Mondays!

My day started at CrossFit with a rightly named “Death by Burpees and Swings” WOD.

20130325_070322.jpg

This was a very deceiving WOD. You start out thinking “sure, this isn’t going to be a big deal” then BAM you’re struggling to catch your breath.

• Odd minutes: Burpees
  • Even minutes: Swings
  • Complete 1 rep on 1 minute, 2 reps on 2 minutes, 3 reps on 3 minutes…. until 18.
  • Each missed round =20 evil wheels

In other words, what-ever minute you’re on is how many reps you have and what you’re doing (odd minutes = burpees, even minutes = swings).

It starts out easy, the first round is one burpee with plenty of rest and the second round is two swings with plenty of rest. It’s when you get to 10+ that you start cursing the WOD. I was doing pretty good until the last couple of rounds. It got to the point with the last round of burpees (17 in a minute) that I decided sitting out was the way to go and happily took my set of 20 evil wheels. I decided I needed the extra core work anyways. πŸ˜‰

I’m starting to get the hang of doing my hair in the morning.

20130325_081848.jpg

I have roughly an hour to 45 minutes to get ready after CrossFit and, to be perfectly honest, a lot of the times I leave the house and my hair is still semi-wet. I don’t like to blow dry my hair because I don’t have a diffuser and I’ve found it’s harder to get the wavy/curly look when I blow dry it. I’ve worked out a way of twisting my wet hair with my fingers using control paste that seems to be working. It’s definitely not perfect, but it’s easy and gives that messy look I’m going after.

Outfit of the day:

542867a2955011e2b66f22000aa81a39_7.jpg

Target skirt, Target Top, and a belt I’ve had since college.

I’ve been lusting after a maxi skirt for a while. I swear, everyone in this office wears maxi skirts and I do nothing but drool over then. I was in Target yesterday and spotted a couple of comfy looking ones that I knew had to be mind. Must. Buy. More. Maxi skirts are officially the most comfortable office attire ever. Love.

Lunch:

20130325_122129 (1).jpg

Leftover baked sweet potato with peanut butter, the other half of my mango from breakfast, and two Wasa crackers with guacamole, roast beef, and cheese (Sabra was BOGO at Publix and I always buy a thing of their guacamole and hummus when it’s BOGO).

I love my random lunches. So tasty. πŸ™‚

You may have noticed the random Wasa crackers popping up. I have three or so boxes I’ve been trying to make my way through just to get them out of the pantry. At least, that’s how it started. The truth is I’m really starting to enjoy them as a bread alternative for packed lunches. Not that there’s anything with bread, it’s just nice to have an alternative. I really like the cracker’s crunch. Packed sandwiches are so boring when compared to crunchy crackers. πŸ™‚

Time for bed. I need SLEEP.

Good Night!

1 Ja @Athlete Within Ja March 25, 2013 at 10:16 pm

Love your outfit. So cute. Wish i could wear now my maxi dresses. But by the look of our weather here Ohio it seems it will be in my closet for a while. :/
Ja @Athlete Within Ja recently posted..Spring, Where Are You?

2 ashley March 25, 2013 at 10:31 pm

Your lunches inspire me to branch out from left overs and utilize the pantry in new ways!
ashley recently posted..I quit my job, I moved, now I am a housewife?

3 Emily @ The Swallow Flies March 25, 2013 at 10:33 pm

I REALLY need to get Wasa crackers. I love bringing toast for lunch, but as you can imagine, it’s not so much “toast” as mushy-crunchy bread come noon. πŸ™‚
Emily @ The Swallow Flies recently posted..Day One Done

4 Jan @ Sprouts n Squats March 25, 2013 at 10:33 pm

Yum that lunch looked good!
Jan @ Sprouts n Squats recently posted..Marvelous in My Mondays #2

5 Michelle @ A Healthy Mrs March 25, 2013 at 10:45 pm

Love the skirt — it looks great & super comfy!

6 Sarahf March 25, 2013 at 10:53 pm

I have a similar hair style to you, but my hair is a lot curlier. Drying it naturally works best, I’m convinced! Also means I can let it dry while I eat breakfast, so much easier!
I love that outfit. I work in a smart casual place, and love playing around with my look.
Sarahf recently posted..Holiday Pics- Last instalment

7 Carla March 25, 2013 at 11:46 pm

I love your hair, mine is very similar minus the bangs. I also steer clear of the blow dryer, in an attempt to keep soft natural curls. What product do you use in your hair?
Carla recently posted..A new week, a new start

8 PeachyLau March 26, 2013 at 4:38 am

You’ve already inspired me to buy a crockpot from your last recipe with it (should arrive this week, can’t wait). Now I might take your advise and try sweet potatoe with PB lol
PeachyLau recently posted..Catastrophe cosmetique – Fresh mask by Lush

9 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More March 26, 2013 at 5:32 am

I saw that skirt at Target the other week but couldn’t find my size – I’ll have to go back and try again! With my new job and needing to dress a bit nicer, a Maxi skirt would be PERFECT and so comfy. I’ll just have to make sure not to wear it on a day that I need the chiro to adjust me, that won’t work so well! πŸ˜‰
Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..Chi Town 10k Race Recap

10 Coco March 26, 2013 at 6:19 am

Whoa.. that workout sounds awesome! That is two exercises that I LOVE! Your hair looks awesome πŸ™‚
Coco recently posted..1st Days of Spring

11 Reenie March 26, 2013 at 7:24 am

Cute outfit and your hair is cute too!!

12 Amber @ Busy, Bold, Blessed March 26, 2013 at 8:31 am

I love maxi dresses, but I do not own a maxi skirt! Perhaps something to remedy as I love everything from Target. I’m a huge fan of dresses in the office, they are so easy and comfy.

13 Karen @ Runner Girl Eats March 26, 2013 at 8:36 am

Every time I see your cute messy hair I have to remind myself that I do not have the same kind of hair you do (mine is thin and limp) to prevent me from chopping off all of my hair. Its adorable. Also, what is an evil wheel?
Karen @ Runner Girl Eats recently posted..Basketball and Cheap Running Clothes

14 Elizabeth @ Positive Change March 26, 2013 at 8:40 am

Love the skirt! I am right there with ya on the whole Mondays make you tired! My goodness, it is crazy how even when you have a calm weekend, Mondays make you so tired!
Elizabeth @ Positive Change recently posted..Treadmill Running

15 Sara @ Fitcupcaker March 26, 2013 at 9:16 am

I just bought some Wasa crackers.I Need to break them open!
Sara @ Fitcupcaker recently posted..WOD Addiction Clothing Review & Giveaway

16 Natalie @ Free Range Human March 26, 2013 at 9:23 am

I’m intrigued by peanut butter on a sweet potato. I’ve never heard of that, but I can’t imagine not liking that combo!
Natalie @ Free Range Human recently posted..If Only I Had A Mountain View…

17 Sarah @ Blonde Bostonian March 26, 2013 at 9:25 am

ughhh I feel ya. Mondays are toughhhhh.
Sarah @ Blonde Bostonian recently posted..A Call to My Fellow 20-Somethings

18 Carly March 26, 2013 at 9:30 am

I am so glad you put peanut butter on your sweet potatoes! I put almond butter on mine and my coworkers thought I was weird. It’s sooooo delicious!
Carly recently posted..2013 Ford Escape in the Grinding Gears Garage

19 Emily N March 26, 2013 at 9:52 am

hair looks cute. I am not a before work blowdryer, even when my hair is short (when its long like now I am a ponytail everydaygal) so great job at mastering it!
Emily N recently posted..Goodbye to My Shoes

20 Jill March 26, 2013 at 10:11 am

You are much more organised than me. Good to see that you have a plan for your day, which will keep you focused….like the hair, looks great

21 katie March 26, 2013 at 10:18 am

wasa are so low in calories too!

22 Jane @ Not Plain So Jane March 26, 2013 at 10:21 am

Peanut butter on a sweet potato, I like that idea!
Jane @ Not Plain So Jane recently posted..Oatmeal

23 Katie @ Peace Love & Oats March 26, 2013 at 11:15 am

I’ve always loved the look of maxi dresses on other people but I’m always hesitant to wear them myself, I feel like my legs are my best feature! haha
Katie @ Peace Love & Oats recently posted..PicMonkey’s New Features

24 Annette @FitnessPerks March 26, 2013 at 11:31 am

I love cheese & crackers!!! Yumm.

And I need to buy some maxi skirts.

25 Chelsea March 26, 2013 at 2:16 pm

So jealous of the short hair! My hair is just too thick to wear that short! PS: Love that jean jacket! May have to pick myself up one for spring, now that I’m thinking about it… πŸ™‚
Chelsea recently posted..A Happy Birthday to My Love

26 Mary March 26, 2013 at 2:34 pm

I love that your lunches are so organised and each part kept separately in a different box until just before consumption! I had blueberries in my wrap yesterday, which was very tasty, but a little soggy by the time it got to lunchtime with the addition of the blueberries!
Mary recently posted..Interview don’ts!

27 [email protected] March 26, 2013 at 2:43 pm

Love a good sale on hummus!!! Also a fan of comfy skirts f or work
[email protected] recently posted..Getting Dopey

28 Carli March 26, 2013 at 2:51 pm

Love your hair! Mine sooo needs to be cut.

Random lunches are great. They feel all snacky and like a treat.

Are the swings Kettlebell swings?
Carli recently posted..Pilates: Breathing {#YQA}

29 Sarah @ Yogi in Action March 26, 2013 at 4:55 pm

I love maxi skirts- yours looks super cute! Sadly my office is more business dress code, so I would never be able to wear something like that at work.

But I guess there’s always evenings and weekends, right?
Sarah @ Yogi in Action recently posted..Olive oil and balsamic vinegar

30 Nicole March 26, 2013 at 6:15 pm

I love maxi skirts too – but on other people. I hope that as my body shape changes that I’ll start to feel more confident in them.

Loving your outfits! πŸ™‚
Nicole recently posted..Family Fun Day

31 Emily March 26, 2013 at 7:38 pm

Love that maxi skirt! I have such a hard time finding them long enough (I’m 5’10”), but I really wish I could find one.
Emily recently posted..Take Time Tuesday-Bebe Questions

32 sally kate March 26, 2013 at 10:10 pm

I was inspired to do this WOD after reading about it this morning, so I tried it out after a spin class this afternoon (which already had wiped me out) and I almost died. I seriously am still flushed 3 hours later!!!

33 Stacey March 27, 2013 at 12:11 am

Ok, I’m just going to throw this out there… but are you going to be taking outfit of the day posts regularly now? Because- no offense- but I visit your blog for the meals & miles, not these outfits. And, if I did want to see outfits daily there are a multitude of “fashion” bloggers out there to choose from. I don’t remember you doing outfit posts daily the last time you worked in corp America, and I honestly preferred it that way. I could be alone in this sentiment, but I might not be.

34 Meghann March 27, 2013 at 5:45 am

I don’t plan on posting all of them. I was just doing them because a lot of people said they liked them or requested them. This blog may be “meals and miles” but it’s a blog about my life. I cover everything from pap tests to running and EVERYTHING in between. Nothing is off limits here, including “outfits of the day” πŸ™‚

35 Katie March 27, 2013 at 6:00 pm

I know that fashion blogging might not be your thing, but I love the posts with your outfits! You always look so fabulous – and with clothes from Target?! Super jealous, you seem to have a frame that would work well with a potato sack!

36 Kirby March 27, 2013 at 7:43 pm

A long time reader de-lurking – your return to an 8-5 job and the corresponding blog content is refreshing and reminiscent of the good old blogs from 2008/2009. Nice work.