more ยป" />

Five Things for Friday

by Meghann on March 22, 2013

One

I got the results from my colposcopy this morning.

Thankfully It was all good news. The abnormal cells were mild dysplasia so I will not need a leep procedure (three cheers for that!). However, I will have to return for another pap test in 6 months – a fact I am a-okay with!

Two

I love my new job.

Like really, really love it. I pinched myself after leaving a really productive meeting this morning because I simply couldn’t believe this was my real life. I get to take part in making some really cool decisions. Most days I just spend my whole time in the office smiling.

Three

I’m running a race in the morning.

You know that sub-48 10k I’ve been training for? It’s, umm, tomorrow. I don’t feel prepared at all. My training runs haven’t been what I’ve wanted them to be and I haven’t been hitting my goals. Sigh. I guess whatever happens, happens.

Four

Always double check your race registrations at least a week before race day.

My super cheap $25 10K turned into a $40 10K because I thought I had registered when I really hadn’t. I tore my inbox apart last night trying to find an email confirmation when there wasn’t one. I could have sworn I registered for this race back in January! Even if I had realized that I hadn’t actually registered for the race on Wednesday night instead of Thursday, I could have saved $10. Registration was kept open until 10am on Thursday for $30, while onsite registration was hiked up to $40. #fail

Oh, well. At least they had onsite registration tonight and I was able to register without a problem. AND my registration fee went to a good caught (Pancreatic Cancer Foundation).

20130322_202935.jpg

Five

I made killer burgers for dinner tonight.

Bacon, avocado, mushrooms, and onions – oh my!

20130322_193102.jpg

It was pretty epic. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Now I’m crossing my fingers this rain outside disappears before race time!

Good Night!

1 Victoria (District Chocoholic) March 22, 2013 at 9:01 pm

Just go haul ass tomorrow. You never know what your body is capable of if your mind releases it.
Victoria (District Chocoholic) recently posted..Cocova January Sample Day

2 Mrs. Swan March 22, 2013 at 9:13 pm

Meh! I wanted to do the 5K but it just wasn’t in the cards. Good luck! Can’t wait to hear about it through pictures.
Mrs. Swan recently posted..I’ll take it

3 Elise @ Expeditions of Elise March 22, 2013 at 9:23 pm

My first 10K race is tomorrow! I am so excited. My goal is a sub-50:00 10K, but I won’t be disappointed if it doesn’t happen…I just want to race my best with that goal in mind!
Elise @ Expeditions of Elise recently posted..Spring Break Fever

4 Karen @ Runner Girl Eats March 22, 2013 at 9:38 pm

When are we going to learn what your super awesome new job is?! Loving your job is the absolute best feeling. Good luck tomorrow! You will surprise yourself with what you can do ๐Ÿ™‚
Karen @ Runner Girl Eats recently posted..Target heart rate for dummies

5 Chelsea March 22, 2013 at 9:49 pm

It makes me feel all happy inside to think of you being so happy at work! Even if we don’t know what it is yet, there’s no better feeling than loving where you’re at professionally. Good luck with the 10K – can’t wait to “hear” all about it in your pictures!
Chelsea recently posted..Enemies to Greatness

6 Jane @ Not Plain So Jane March 22, 2013 at 10:14 pm

That burger looks delicious! Love avocados on turkey burgers too (+ bacon of course)! Good with the bad fat ๐Ÿ™‚
Jane @ Not Plain So Jane recently posted..Food

7 Elisabeth March 23, 2013 at 12:14 am

I wanna be that happy at work…ha! Good for you ๐Ÿ™‚ Can’t wait to hear a little more about it at some point.

8 Mary March 23, 2013 at 12:47 am

Good luck! With all of the registration hassle before the day I’m sure it’s made you even more determined to go out there and get your goal!
Mary recently posted..A good run

9 Ja @Athlete Within Ja March 23, 2013 at 12:49 am

Goodluck tomorrow!

Yum… I love burgers topped with avocado!
Ja @Athlete Within Ja recently posted..Happy First Day of Spring!

10 Angela March 23, 2013 at 3:41 am

5 cheers for an awesome day! ๐Ÿ™‚
Angela recently posted..The Waiting Game

11 Kristen @ notsodomesticated March 23, 2013 at 7:44 am

Good luck today!! ๐Ÿ™‚ Hope you meet your goal!
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..37 Weeks: Considered Full-Term

12 Elizabeth @ Positive Change March 23, 2013 at 7:57 am

Good luck with your race! A good job is the best!! I love my job right now too, and It makes me excited. Almost feels weird! That burger looks AMAZING!
Elizabeth @ Positive Change recently posted..Pinterest Friday

13 Karen March 23, 2013 at 8:07 am

So great that you are HAPPY with your new job. Would love to find out a little bit more about it. Good luck today… Sometimes greatness just happens!
Karen recently posted..“BOOST” LAUNCH PARTY 2/28/2013

14 Katie @ Peace Love & Oats March 23, 2013 at 9:56 am

I’m glad you love your job, that’s so awesome!!! I’m about to graduate law school and I could only be so lucky, even if I find a job that I love eventually, like in a few years, I’d be happy!
Katie @ Peace Love & Oats recently posted..Cheyenne Mountain State Park + WINNER!

15 Victoria @ Reluctantly Skinny March 23, 2013 at 10:07 am

Glad to hear that your results came back good! I was not so lucky and have actually had the leep procedure to get rid of the pre-cancerous cells. It’s really not fun.
Victoria @ Reluctantly Skinny recently posted..Phone Dump Friday

16 Liz March 23, 2013 at 11:12 am

That had to suck about the registration. Oh well, it is what it is, when you really want to do something. Good luck. ๐Ÿ™‚
Liz recently posted..FD248 – Daily Prompt | Places… Post Excerpts & Life Excerpts…Anywhere but Here!

17 Emily N March 25, 2013 at 12:35 pm

Those burger LOOK epic. i want one!
Emily N recently posted..Weekly Workout Recap: March 18