Tupperware Meal

by Meghann on March 14, 2013

Packed lunch of the day:

• Swiss Cheese + Boars Head Jerk Turkey
  • Carrots + Cucumbers + Cherry Tomatoes
  • Hummus
  • Lime Seltzer
  • Wasa Crackers

Can you tell I love tupperware? Best. Invention. Ever.

This lunch was a packed version of one of my famous snack plates. I layered the meat and cheese on the crackers, then stacked the veggies and hummus on top of that. It was a little of this and a little of that. Lunches like that never get old.

• sweet potato fries + lentil sloppy joes (lentils + carrot + onion + ketchup + mustard+bbq sauce)
  • roasted asparagus

What was in your lunch bag or on your dinner plate today?

1 Ashley March 14, 2013 at 9:17 pm

Ooh the lentil sloppy joe looks delicious!

I made a vegetarian lentil chili to use in a healthified version of the Skyline Chili 3-way. A household favorite! I’ll be posting the recipe on my blog tomorrow morning.
Ashley recently posted..Let’s Talk About Balance

2 Erin March 14, 2013 at 9:21 pm

I love lentil sloppy joes, but I generally prefer to serve mine on a delicious bun or roll!

My lunch today includes eating up the last of the produce from my fridge, so it will be a big salad with all the fruit and veggies I can cram on there, as well as some leftover tofu.

3 RunnerGirlEats March 14, 2013 at 9:52 pm

I love lunches like that. I bring so many tupperware/glasslock containers to work everyday. But my lunch today was a quick and easy Kashi Mayan Harvest Bake. Not my first choice but the plantains in it are soooo goooddddd!
RunnerGirlEats recently posted..All the mocha lattes

4 The Many Thoughts of a Reader March 14, 2013 at 9:56 pm

Today I stopped at subway and had a spicy italian on flatbread and baked potato soup. I have been packing black bean burritos this week but was running late today on the way to playgroup!
The Many Thoughts of a Reader recently posted..Fine Motor Skills

5 Monica March 14, 2013 at 10:06 pm

I can’t say enough how much I appreciate these posts. Very useful and inspiring for us working women!

6 Ani March 14, 2013 at 10:23 pm

I made shrimp fried rice tonight! It was so yummy and a perfect balance of carbs and protein for after a good, long run. Recipe here:
Ani recently posted..Shrimp Fried Rice

7 Mary March 14, 2013 at 10:51 pm

My lunch was lots of salad items and a block of cheese. I’ve only been making lunches for work for the past fortnight so I’m looking forward to getting some inspiration from your lunches over the next couple of weeks to jazz mine up a bit!
Mary recently posted..Why I love running with a running club!

8 Chelsea March 14, 2013 at 10:53 pm

Never would have thought of lentil sloppy joes – and they sound amazing! Always awesome to see new ideas of stuff to take to work, on the days I have to pack my lunch (new = anything that’s not a turkey sandwhich, PB&J, or a salad).
Chelsea recently posted..Garry Gribble’s Has my Heart

9 ella March 14, 2013 at 11:23 pm

I always need lunch inspiration otherwise I eat the same old boring combination..thanks!
ella recently posted..Lose 2lb week

10 Christine @ BookishlyB March 14, 2013 at 11:50 pm

I like tupperware… until it’s time to unload it from the dishwasher and stack it in the cupboard.

Today, like every work day, I had quinoa, tabbouleh, and an apple for lunch, and a kashi bar for a morning snack.
Christine @ BookishlyB recently posted..Bookish (and not so Bookish) Thoughts

11 Angela March 15, 2013 at 12:54 am

I had some leftover pasta from last night and a salad. 🙂
Angela recently posted..Think Big.

12 Chelsea @ Designs on Dinner March 15, 2013 at 5:11 am

Snack plates do never get old–and they make for a fun lunch! I had a veggie sub and applesauce at work for lunch, then made chicken curry and veggies for dinner. Good day!
Chelsea @ Designs on Dinner recently posted..Gym Workout

13 Meg March 15, 2013 at 7:12 am

I usually pack some sort of meat + veggies. Ground turkey + Brussels sprouts yesterday. Or salad with chicken.

14 meredith March 15, 2013 at 7:40 am

Your dinner is right up my alley. In fact I think I will make that tonight! I babysat my best friend’s baby yesterday so she could run some errands so I packed my lunch – a salad mixed with cucumber, roasted carrots, roasted plum tomatoes, asparagus and snap peas, chick peas, avocado and hummus!
meredith recently posted..Friday Confusion

15 Elizabeth @ Positive Change March 15, 2013 at 9:07 am

Very similar to your lunch! Instead of lunch meat I had tuna, rice crackers, hummus, carrots and cucumbers, 1 apple and 3 mini mini oranges!
Elizabeth @ Positive Change recently posted..Running Motivation

16 Laura @ Mommy Run Fast March 15, 2013 at 10:05 am

Mmm, I forgot about lentil sloppy joes. Might have to add them to next week’s meal plan. Roasted asparagus looks so yummy, too! We are eating leftovers today and need to get to the store before we have dinner. 🙂
Laura @ Mommy Run Fast recently posted..Thursday Track and Endorphin Bracelet Giveaway

17 Gianna @ Run, Lift, Repeat March 15, 2013 at 10:21 am

I love love love tupperware! Unfortunately for my wallet I have been grabbing lunch out while at work this week (which pretty much never happens) but we have an awesome salad place across the street and I am obsessed.
Need a little meal prep + planning for next week so I stop spending $10/day.
Gianna @ Run, Lift, Repeat recently posted..TGIF. Seriously.

18 Emily March 15, 2013 at 11:31 am

I’ll have to try that lentil sloppy joe mix! Looks good!
Emily recently posted..4 TRENDY PIECES: FOR $81

19 Erin @ Girl Gone Veggie March 15, 2013 at 11:35 am

For dinner last night my fiance and I made fresh guacamole, grilled up some veggies, and then made a sandwich out of it all. It was delicious!
Erin @ Girl Gone Veggie recently posted..My Trader Joes Shopping Bag Haul 2

20 Brigid March 15, 2013 at 11:55 am

I usually bring soup and/or salad, but I haven’t brown bagged once this week. Bad. Yesterday I attended a luncheon, but the rest of the week was pure post-vacation laziness.
Brigid recently posted..Eat to Live update

21 Meghan @ After the Ivy League March 15, 2013 at 12:19 pm

I’ve been having some homemade chicken salad this week with dried fruit, string cheese, and grapes on the side. Easy and yummy!
Meghan @ After the Ivy League recently posted..Fitness Friday and Online Shopping

22 Jan @ Sprouts n Squats March 15, 2013 at 1:33 pm

I made lentil sloppy joes for the first time the other day and loved them.

I am usually the queen of Tupperware at work for breakfast and lunch. Always bringing in multiple containers of things.
Jan @ Sprouts n Squats recently posted..Friday Favourites #2

23 Logan @ Mountains and Miles March 15, 2013 at 2:47 pm

I pack my lunch every day, too!

Yesterday I had leftover Paleo Chicken Alfredo (I am not Paleo, but this recipe was delicious!!!) – we made it with spaghetti squash, coconut milk instead of water, and added some crushed red pepper and tomatoes. I also always have a yogurt, smoothie for breakfast (which I drink at the office), and then either an apple or banana.
Logan @ Mountains and Miles recently posted..It’s Taper Time!

24 Erin @ The Elliptical Chronicles March 15, 2013 at 6:42 pm

Your lunch is totally my style! I haven’t been buying lunch meat since I left my job (just been roasting a chicken every other week or so), but from the look of your lunch, I think I’m going to get back on the lunch meat bandwagon – I SO miss my turkey slices (it especially looks divine with that swiss cheese!)
Erin @ The Elliptical Chronicles recently posted..It’s Friday & I Am Feeling Good!

25 Courtney March 15, 2013 at 7:48 pm

Tupperware IS the best! I have way too much of it 😛

26 BroccoliHut March 15, 2013 at 8:48 pm

Mmm. Lentils + sweet potato is a lovely combination!
We had asparagus tonight too, as a topping for our pizza. I love spring foods!
BroccoliHut recently posted..Whole Wheat Pasta Salad with Homemade Italian Dressing

27 Dawn March 18, 2013 at 2:47 pm

Today, I brought a Turkey meatloaf muffin and a salad. ( I realize that I’m a little late to the party). Can I ask where you bought your Polar Seltzer water from?

28 MealsAndMiles March 18, 2013 at 5:39 pm