Team XP Goes to the Mountains

by Meghann on March 8, 2013

Welcome to our home for the next few days!

This is my favorite part.

Mainly because of this.

Lake front view, baby! Too bad the water is just a tad too cold to swim right now. πŸ˜‰

We made it to Northern Georgia safe and sound last night. It is absolutely gorgeous up here! Tons of sunshine, crisp cool mountain air, and the promise of four days with friends who all agreed comfy clothes would be the wardrobe of choice for the weekend.

c81b312c873011e2b9ed22000a1f8cd8_7.jpg

Road trip food.

PhotoGrid_1362745171023.png

We did hit a slight snag when we had to stop to fix a flat tire (boo!), but we were only off of the road for 45 minutes and thankfully the mechanic was able to patch the hole without a problem.

84111ac2874511e285e022000a9e51fb_7.jpg

Though, I was on the look out for zombies the entire time we were stopped in the small town. I felt like I stepped into a scene of The Walking Dead! Where’s Rick Grimes when you need him?!

5b9db7ee873b11e29e1622000a9d0ec7_7.jpg

We caught up with the rest of the crew and made it to the cabin well before sundown.

So excited to be spending a long weekend with all of my favorite girls!

Tacos were on the menu for tonight.

Dinner time!

Tacos are probably one of the best meals when it comes to feeding a big group of hungry folks.

I had two with all the fixins and a side of broccoli.

Cheese!

S’mores for dessert!

Nothing says mountain getaway like s’mores by the fire.

Love it!

We stayed up all night playing Catchphrase and Apples to Apples (LOVE those games!), then crashed hard just after midnight. We have no big plans for the rest of the weekend besides hiking and exploring the area. We’re planning on taking the relaxed approach to the weekend, which I don’t have a problem with at all.

What’s your favorite type of weekend getaway? Mountains or the beach?

1 amyt March 8, 2013 at 9:53 am

Love these type of get-aways!! We are actually heading up to the mountains at the end of this month – Chimney Rock. This is exactly what we are doing!! NO plans….just relaxing, hiking, and riding through the mountains!!! SO looking forward to it!

2 Amanda March 8, 2013 at 10:08 am

aw, man! You guys shoulda brought your bikes. Amazing riding in N. Georgia. Great for training.

3 Natalie @ Free Range Human March 8, 2013 at 10:09 am

Mountains, hands-down!! I love going to the mountains for weekend trips, long trips, or anything in between. I’d live there if I could!
Natalie @ Free Range Human recently posted..Be Awesome Instead

4 Karen @ Runner Girl Eats March 8, 2013 at 10:14 am

I love mountain getaways! Looks like a great time. Enjoy your weekend πŸ™‚
Karen @ Runner Girl Eats recently posted..Friday Favorites

5 Heather @ HeatherRunsFast.wordpress.com March 8, 2013 at 10:16 am

Mountains this time of year, beach in the summer!
Oh, man am I jealous! That cabin looks AWESOME! I have been dying to make smores in our fireplace, aka- the grill, haha. Have fun!
Heather @ HeatherRunsFast.wordpress.com recently posted..Daylight Saving Time

6 MissPinkKate March 8, 2013 at 10:33 am

Was this some sort of sponsored trip? And if so, who is the sponsor and what is the purpose (like, are you highlighting the resort or something)? Just curious!

7 Meghann March 9, 2013 at 9:08 am

No, this is not a sponsored trip. We’re just a group of friends who decided to spend a long weekend in the mountains together. πŸ™‚

8 Logan @ Mountains and Miles March 8, 2013 at 10:34 am

Mmmmm those tacos and s’mores are making me hungry!

I’m a mountain girl all the way.

9 Molly March 8, 2013 at 10:37 am

Oh man. Do I have to chose just one!? I love to ski, and ski vacations with friends are a requirement to life, I would never give those up. However, being I live in MN (hello 12 inches of snow) and am dating a guy who lives on the most magnificent beach in the world (7 miles of it, to be exact ;)) I’d have to say beach vacations are pretty awesome too.

Have so much fun! Getaway cabin weekends are the best of times!
Molly recently posted..Back at your door

10 Katie @ Peace Love & Oats March 8, 2013 at 10:46 am

Ah what a dream weekend – friends in a cabin in the mountains! I hope you all have a great time!

11 Emily March 8, 2013 at 10:49 am

That cabin is BEAUTIFUL!!! Looks like the perfect weekend getaway!

Have a great time πŸ™‚
Emily recently posted..What I Learned from 20 Class of Pure Barre

12 Steph @ Smiles through Miles March 8, 2013 at 10:53 am

I’d usually choose the beach but the bigger factor for me is that there are things to do- I’m horrible at just relaxing! That cabin looks absoulutely gorgeous- enjoy the weekend!
Steph @ Smiles through Miles recently posted..Long Overdue, Part 2: Dick Batchelor Run for the Children 5K

13 Emily March 8, 2013 at 11:09 am

Ooooh I love the mountains! I usually choose a beach getaway, but since I live by the beach right now, I’d choose mountains definitely.
Emily recently posted..1 TEE : 4 WAYS

14 [email protected] March 8, 2013 at 11:19 am

Both are awesome depending on my mood!! Your vaca spot looks amazing!! Would love to go there. It just screams relaxation!

15 Elisabeth March 8, 2013 at 11:42 am

Definitely beach for me! Although, a driving vacation through the mountains is beautiful, too… Have fun!

16 [email protected] March 8, 2013 at 12:22 pm
17 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More March 8, 2013 at 1:19 pm

A weekend away with no plans? Sounds like the perfect RELAXING weekend to me! Have fun!
Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..Fitness Friday

18 Annette @FitnessPerks March 8, 2013 at 2:02 pm

I LOVE the mountains!!! But I think I prefer the beach?? I live by the mtns, so that’s probably why πŸ˜‰
Annette @FitnessPerks recently posted..I May or May Not Have…..

19 Katie @ running4cupcakes March 8, 2013 at 2:06 pm

Looks like you guys are already having an awesome time! I can’t pick between moutains or beach – it depends on the time of year. . . beach in the winter. . . mountains in the summer!
Katie @ running4cupcakes recently posted..My 1st Stitch Fix

20 Ashley @ Eat Run Live Happy March 8, 2013 at 2:07 pm

That looks like so much fun!
2014 is going to be a year of traveling for me and my bf. We are going to do as many RNR half marathons as we can fit in.
We also plan on having a smores bar at our wedding!

21 Megan March 8, 2013 at 2:35 pm

Are you in Helen? We spent 2 Christmas’s ago in a cabin in the mountains in Helen, GA. It was perfect- and we got snow on Christmas day!

22 sara @ fitcupcaker March 8, 2013 at 3:16 pm

I love both but right now I could really use the beach! I am in need of some VIt. D for sure!
sara @ fitcupcaker recently posted..Protein PB2 Sauce, Taco Casserole, and β€œChores”

23 Bethany @ Accidental Intentions March 8, 2013 at 3:23 pm

Looks SO awesome! I think right now I’d be perfectly happy running away to a cabin in the mountains with my friends for a long weekend, although the beach sounds pretty tempting as well…can I take two weekend trips in a row? πŸ˜›
Bethany @ Accidental Intentions recently posted..Thursday Things

24 Kristen March 8, 2013 at 4:22 pm

I am in the N Ga mtns this weekend too! (drove up from Atlanta for our 1 year anniversary)!!
We’re in Blairsville, so pretty and just missed the snow by a day!

What part of N Ga are you visiting?

Me and hubby love the mtns so much that we bought a lot for a steal of a deal to one day build on. I love the beach too but it’s not as relaxing cuz it’s so crowded and no matter how thin, I still feel self conscious in a swimsuit!

25 Vicki March 8, 2013 at 4:51 pm

I love the mountains, but beach is my favorite in any season! And I love a relaxed weekend with little on the schedule.

Speaking of the mountains, the cabin looks wonderful and the location is gorgeous. I’m not sure you want to give them a plug, but can you give some insight into how you found such a beautiful place?

26 Elizabeth @ Positive Change March 8, 2013 at 6:56 pm

The beach all the way! Sun, sand, drinks.. nothing could get better!!
Elizabeth @ Positive Change recently posted..Wedding Edition: My Dress

27 Caitlin March 8, 2013 at 7:04 pm

Do you know that the Walking Dead is filmed in Georgia? You may have actually been in a scene πŸ™‚

28 Jane @ Not Plain So Jane March 8, 2013 at 7:40 pm

Both! Southern Cali you can literally do both in the same day, it is awesome. Tacos are definitely the best way to feed a crowd!
Jane @ Not Plain So Jane recently posted..Friday Lunch & Stair Climbing

29 Kristen @ The Concrete Runner March 8, 2013 at 9:36 pm

We spend several weekends a year in Brandon since its just a short 4 hour drive from home. But my favorite getaway is Colorado in the summer – I love hiking the mountains! So beautiful!
Kristen @ The Concrete Runner recently posted..fitness friday

30 Angela March 9, 2013 at 1:33 am

Nothing better than smores!!
Angela recently posted..Freezable Mini Quiches [a recipe]

31 Melinda March 9, 2013 at 2:08 am

Would love a mountain bike!

32 Serena March 9, 2013 at 4:03 am

Looks like a great place wish I was getting away!
Serena recently posted..Race fever