Brinner

by Meghann on March 6, 2013

It’s brinner time! (I’m sticking with brinner = breakfast for dinner)

This is what happens when you’re 12 hours away from a long weekend away and are trying to eat up the remaining fresh contents of your fridge before you leave. It really doesn’t get more random than this.

We have bacon, turkey, cucumber slices, and cherry tomatoes on one side

And two eggs with feta cheese on the other.

An incredibly delicious and filling meal. You really can’t go wrong with anything that involves bacon and eggs. :)

Oh, those Tagalong Girl Scout Cookies that were also in the fridge? Yeah, had to make sure we took care of those, too. Wouldn’t want those going bad before Sunday night. ;)

Do you ever have the random we’re-going-out-of-town-and-need-to-eat-the-contents-of-our-fridge meals?

1 Brittany March 6, 2013 at 9:55 pm

HAha love this! I usually put off that last shopping trip before so we’re all eating pb&js to get by until departure. But I like your method better.

2 Kate @ Quarter Century Southern Living March 6, 2013 at 10:02 pm

This meal honestly looks really great to me! I love breakfast any time of the day. I can definitely relate to the ‘let’s eat everything in the fridge before we leave’ mindset. It usually makes for some really unique meals at our place :)
Kate @ Quarter Century Southern Living recently posted..In Case You Were Wondering

3 Annie @ eatcleaneatreal March 6, 2013 at 10:12 pm

Haha all I have to say is that I would totally eat this for dinner even if I wasn’t trying to clean out the fridge before a vacation. And I often do have meals like this :)
Annie @ eatcleaneatreal recently posted..Day 41: The workout that almost wasn’t

4 Steph March 6, 2013 at 10:14 pm

I’m a huge fan of brinner. In fact, tomorrow I’m planning pancakes. Have a great trip!!!
Steph recently posted..Happy Multiple Personalities Day!

5 Becky @ runfundone March 6, 2013 at 10:47 pm

We had a similar dinner yesterday. I needed to use up a package of chicken sausage that I had, so made sausage, hashbrowns, eggs, veggies.
Becky @ runfundone recently posted..Will Ada the Dog Bonk???

6 Nicole@TheKidlessKronicles March 6, 2013 at 10:50 pm

We definitely do that. Which again reminds me that I have a butternut squash to use. And even better than the use-it-up nights are appetizer night. Which is what I do when I have just a few left of a bunch of different things (egg rolls, wings, potstickers, etc).

The Kidless Kronicles
Nicole@TheKidlessKronicles recently posted..Happy National Frozen Food Day and National White Chocolate Cheesecake Day

7 Serena March 7, 2013 at 1:35 am

If I could only eat one thing forever I would pick eggs.
Serena recently posted..Race fever

8 Mary March 7, 2013 at 1:56 am

Yes. I have meals like this all the time! There’s something about having sausages and eggs for dinner (I’m not a bacon person) or even cereal! It feels a little wrong, but very right at the same time!
Mary recently posted..SEVEN weddings!

9 TorontoRunner March 7, 2013 at 3:06 am

I call it brinner too..and you probably had the most classic and best one out there!
TorontoRunner recently posted..Hula Hoopin + Hatin’ on airports

10 Gabrielle March 7, 2013 at 3:21 am

I moved to Paris 1 month ago and the weeks following up to my big move (I’m not coming back until minimum May or maybe more) I’m-going-out-of-town-and-need-to-eat-the-contents-of-my-fridge-pantry-and-freezer meals! You have no idea the number of random concoction I had to make to get rid of most of my stuff! I had been living in my apt for 3 years so the amount of food in my pantry and freezer was pretty insane lol but it was fun, made me think about meal planning in a new whole other way :) Have fun on your vacay!!

11 Karen @ Runner Girl Eats March 7, 2013 at 8:20 am

We are always traveling so we have LOTS of meals that look like this! I consider any meal with an egg in it a balanced meal tough.
Karen @ Runner Girl Eats recently posted..Five Steps to a Fantastic Run

12 Emily March 7, 2013 at 9:59 am

I’m a big fan of brinner :) We usually eat large salads or pasta with all the produce in our house to clear it out so it doesn’t go bad while we’re away.

Have a great trip!
Emily recently posted..My First Needly Nap

13 Emily March 7, 2013 at 2:27 pm

Yup! I also have empty-the-fridge-so-I-can-go-shopping-and-fill-it-up-again randomness!

14 Sonia the Mexigarian March 7, 2013 at 3:15 pm

even for a random meal that looks pretty good :)
you keep your cookies in the fridge?? I have them hiding in my cupboard. . .
Sonia the Mexigarian recently posted..Running on time. . .

15 Erin @ The Elliptical Chronicles March 7, 2013 at 3:30 pm

YES! And I always feel so economical and healthy when I do! Economical because I’m not allowing anything to go to waste. And healthy because we are pretty good about keeping our refrigerator stocked with mostly nutritious things, so if we’re clearing it out, we’re likely loading up on one healthy (albeit random) meal!

Good job on your pre-weekend food-clear-age. That meal actually looks like it went together quite nicely :)

16 Jillian March 7, 2013 at 11:41 pm

Yo, bacon should totally be its own food group. It is so ridiculously good. Now you’ve got me thinking about maybe having brinner myself tonight…hmm.