Thursday Pancakes

by Meghann on February 28, 2013

Someone is sleepy after their big morning.

20130228_084321.jpg

I’m not sure what I enjoy more: running 4 miles with Maddie or having her cuddle up on my lap afterwards. Is there anything better than having your almost-four-year-old puppy cuddle up on your lap?

Maddie and I had a nice easy run around the neighborhood this morning. It has become our Thursday tradition and it’s one I like to think she looks forward to all week. We ran a new route, so of course there was a little bit of extra stopping so she could “mark” her new territory. Besides the extra stops, she kept to her usual pace and just enjoyed the run.

I’ve been looking forward to making the 4-ingredient Greek Pancakes again since I fell in love with them on Saturday.

Seriously so easy. Just a container of greek yogurt (I used Pear Chobani, but I can’t wait to try it with the Lemon flavor), flour, egg, and baking soda. I was able to make the batter in the same amount of time it took for the frying pan to heat up (please note we have an old stove that takes ages to heat).

Oh! I also added walnuts to the batter (which explains the lumps) and Derek is usually the pancake flipper of the household (which explains why mine all look burnt and are funky shaped). boo.

They still tasted great. I topped mine with fresh strawberries, blueberries, and some marionberry syrup.

Such a fun weekday morning treat. I think these pancakes might become a regular thing around here. πŸ™‚

Happy belly. Happy puppy. Time to get my work on!

Have a great Thursday everyone!

1 Allison February 28, 2013 at 10:19 am

Looks good!

2 Rachel F February 28, 2013 at 10:37 am

Do you use AP or whole wheat flour?

3 Meghann February 28, 2013 at 10:40 am

I used whole wheat.

4 Anne February 28, 2013 at 11:00 am

Awww, my almost four year old puppy is also a marker. And a sniffer. Sometimes she fakes marking to get more sniffing time.

5 Sonia the Mexigarian February 28, 2013 at 11:16 am

Can’t run with Lando for a little while longer. We are trying to figure out which harness is giving him burns under his legs. Though he loves the runs. And now I want pancakes.
Sonia the Mexigarian recently posted..Random yesterday

6 Natalie @ will jog for food February 28, 2013 at 11:40 am

The pancake looks SO good!
Natalie @ will jog for food recently posted..Healthier Comfort Food

7 Mrs. Swan February 28, 2013 at 11:42 am

They do look good. To bad I am trying to limit carbs. LOL
Mrs. Swan recently posted..60 days ago

8 Paula @ Eat: Watch: Run February 28, 2013 at 12:00 pm

Try one egg, one small banana, and 1 or 2 tbsp of almond butter. That makes awesome pancakes and is Paleo friendly. πŸ™‚
Paula @ Eat: Watch: Run recently posted..The End of Fun

9 Mrs. Swan February 28, 2013 at 2:05 pm

Ohh that might help. I tried just banana and egg and I ended up with scrambled banana eggs. Maybe the nut butter will help. TY!
Mrs. Swan recently posted..60 days ago

10 Paula @ Eat: Watch: Run February 28, 2013 at 2:36 pm

I put everything in a food processor/blender to make sure I don’t get that scrambled egg bananas thing going on. They are also husband approved. And not much that I made is. πŸ™‚
Paula @ Eat: Watch: Run recently posted..The End of Fun

11 Sara @ Fitcupcaker February 28, 2013 at 11:44 am

I love making protein pancakes! What a great way to start the day!!
Sara @ Fitcupcaker recently posted..Foodie Pen Pals!!

12 Karen @ Runner Girl Eats February 28, 2013 at 11:58 am

Your breakfast looks soooo good! I need to remember this for our Sunday brunch.
Karen @ Runner Girl Eats recently posted..Rowing Tabata with Pitbull

13 Paula @ Eat: Watch: Run February 28, 2013 at 11:58 am

I had a 9 day stint where I ate those Greek yogurt pancakes every day. I am freakin’ addicted!
I heard that it doesn’t matter which flavor Chobani you use because you can’t really tell, so I started using plain instead of vanilla and then put in vanilla liquid stevia, cinnamon, and blueberries.
Though, I do think if there is any flavor that will be noticeable, it will be the lemon!

14 Meghann February 28, 2013 at 1:16 pm

I can definitely taste the pear flavor in the ones I made, but I can see how there wouldn’t be a difference between vanilla and plain.

15 [email protected] February 28, 2013 at 12:06 pm

Sounds like something I should try! I am getting so bored of my usual breakfasts!

16 Caitlin February 28, 2013 at 12:14 pm

These looks wonderful! Funny, my Fiance is also the flipper of all things- pancakes, quesadillas, grilled cheese, etc.

17 TorontoRunner February 28, 2013 at 12:27 pm

I’m not generally one to run with people, but I’d love , love, love to try and run with a dog one day – I think THAT would be super fun!
TorontoRunner recently posted..Sick

18 Paige February 28, 2013 at 12:52 pm

Still waiting on the surprise πŸ™‚

19 Mrs. Swan February 28, 2013 at 2:04 pm

I betting it includes two lines for someone. LOL
Mrs. Swan recently posted..60 days ago

20 Katie @ Peace Love & Oats February 28, 2013 at 1:21 pm

Those pancakes do look delicious! I really need to jump on the pancake bandwagon, I can’t remember the last time I had some!
Katie @ Peace Love & Oats recently posted..Thursday Thoughts

21 [email protected] February 28, 2013 at 1:22 pm

Love this idea! About how much flour and baking soda do you use?
[email protected] recently posted..Veggies in the Morning with Veggie Pancakes!!

22 Meghann February 28, 2013 at 1:25 pm

Here’s the full recipe: http://www.everydaybelle.com/2011/06/greek-yogurt-pancakes/ It’s 1/2 cup flour and 1 teaspoon baking soda

23 amyt February 28, 2013 at 1:47 pm

I’m SO glad you shared this recipe the other day – I LOVE these pancakes!!! And they are so easy!!! I’ve only used vanilla, but I added fresh blue berries!! They are YUMMY!!!!!

24 Hope @ With A Side Of Hope February 28, 2013 at 2:05 pm

I’ve never made pancakes with greek yogurt before. I do have some containers sitting in my fridge. Definitely need to try these πŸ™‚
Hope @ With A Side Of Hope recently posted..A Surprise From Cascadian Farm!!…

25 Angela February 28, 2013 at 2:50 pm

Can’t wait to try those pancakes!
Angela recently posted..Confessions of a Bored Bible Reader

26 Holly February 28, 2013 at 3:13 pm

Your fresh fruit always looks so amazing on your breakfast dishes and I always find myself wondering why I don’t include more berries on my grocery list!

27 Emily February 28, 2013 at 3:23 pm

Mmmm, those pancakes look awesome! I’ll have to try them.
Emily recently posted..7 FASHIONABLE LOOKS FOR $140

28 Elizabeth @ Positive Change February 28, 2013 at 7:52 pm

Those sound so good! Thanks for the recipe!
Elizabeth @ Positive Change recently posted..Running Injury Free… Hopefully

29 BroccoliHut February 28, 2013 at 8:46 pm

Aw, Maddie! I love it when Margot is in a cuddle-bug mood too…oh wait, that’s ll the time.
Those pancakes look INSANELY good. Kodiak Cakes sent me some marionberry syrup a few months ago, but I have yet to try it out–your pictures are making me want to bust that bottle open!
BroccoliHut recently posted..Seventeen Bean Salad with Salmon