Bangs

by Meghann on February 27, 2013

So…. I decided to get bangs today.

11472_10102807887243303_455441382_n.jpg

I’ve never had them before and figured why the heck not. If I didn’t love them I could pin them up or wait for them to grow. It’s just hair, no big deal. πŸ™‚

This was my inspiration:

Source: google.co.uk via Meghann on Pinterest

LOVED the look and can’t wait to try to curl my hair with the bangs. I’m just crossing my fingers I can make the bangs look as good as the hairstylist did. Gulp.

Have you ever got a new haircut on a whim? Did you love it or hate it?

I had a killer lunch today.

Two rye Wasa crackers piled high with hummus, turkey, and a mix of chopped artichoke hearts, roasted red peppers, and feta cheese leftover from making last night’s salad for book club.

The combination was amazing. It reminded me of a bruschetta with turkey. I still have all the ingredients on hand and wouldn’t be surprised if I make this again before the week is over.

IMG_9116.jpg

I had some cucumber slices and cherry tomatoes on the side.

Dinner was an experiment that turned out pretty tasty.

I was pulling out the ingredients to make regular meatloaf when I noticed the apricot preserves and soy sauce and decided to give my meatloaf an asian flair.

Here’s what I used:

• 1 lb ground turkey
  • 2 tablespoons apricot preserves
  • 2 tablespoons soy sauce
  • 1 tablespoon teriyaki sauce
  • 1 teaspoon red pepper paste
  • 1 egg
  • 1/2 cup oatmeal
  • fresh parsley

I combined everything in a bowl, formed a loaf on a greased pan, then baked at 375 for 35 minutes.

The end result was delicious. I loved the asian flavors, definitely stepped a regular boring meatloaf up a notch.

The rest of the plate was filled with roasted parsnips and steamed green beans.

Yummy.
Good Night!

1 Mrs. Swan February 27, 2013 at 10:05 pm

Hmmm roasted sweet potato slices were on my menu tonight. Maybe parsnips will be next? LOL
Mrs. Swan recently posted..Technically I am a soccer mom.

2 [email protected] February 27, 2013 at 10:07 pm

A couple of years ago I cut my hair into a bob. I didn’t regret it! I wore it like that for a long time. Congrats on your new change!

3 Erin February 27, 2013 at 10:11 pm

I love having bangs (or a fringe, as it’s called here), but I limit to winter months. I can’t handle all that hair on my forehead when the Australian summer hits!
Erin recently posted..All hail kale

4 Denise February 27, 2013 at 10:33 pm

Love your bangs. Can’t wait to try the recipe!
Denise recently posted..Late for the Party?

5 Megan February 27, 2013 at 10:33 pm

Love the bangs! I was supposed to get them today but had to cancel my appointment bc I had a sick toddler. πŸ™ Hoping I can get out there tomorrow and get them cut! I haven’t had them since….7th grade I thinK!

6 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More February 27, 2013 at 10:39 pm

Love the bangs – you look great!

I learned MANY years ago that I can’t do short hair. I cried when I left the salon. I also know I can’t do bangs, even long ones because I’m not patient enough to do them every morning (at least right now) and wearing my hair curly means I can let it air dry…bangs don’t usually work that way for me. lol
Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..Snacks Lately

7 Karen @ Runner Girl Eats February 27, 2013 at 10:53 pm

Your bangs look so cute! I get the urge to cut bangs every once in a while…usually right around the time that they finally grow out lol I love switching it up iwth my hair. Worst case? pin it back and put it in a ponytail πŸ™‚
Karen @ Runner Girl Eats recently posted..We got a wedding venue!!

8 Michelle February 27, 2013 at 11:02 pm

We have similar hair so here’s my “secret” to straight bangs: flat iron them while they are wet.

If I blow dry and then straighten – they are crazy and frizzy no matter what else I do. If I let them dry naturally – forget about it. Straightening wet hair is probably not recommended, but for whatever reason it just works!
Michelle recently posted..Workout Wednesday: At-Home Circuit

9 MealsAndMiles February 28, 2013 at 8:53 am

Ha! That sounds dangerous.

10 Katie February 28, 2013 at 9:41 am

There are straighteners that are called “wet to dry” maybe try one of those? I think they look great! Plus they don’t look too short, so you should be able to pin them soon!
Katie recently posted..17 Weeks until Grandma’s Marathon 2013

11 Katie February 27, 2013 at 11:07 pm

I like the bangs! I got side bangs for the first time this weekend, so I know how you feel!

12 Clare @ Fitting It All In February 27, 2013 at 11:10 pm

LOVE! Very michelle obama, and very sophisticated. Sassy! Go you!
Clare @ Fitting It All In recently posted..Things I Came Home To

13 emma February 27, 2013 at 11:19 pm

so cute! so posh!

14 Carly @ Life in Training February 27, 2013 at 11:21 pm

CUTE! Love the bangs, and the bob. πŸ™‚
Carly @ Life in Training recently posted..My Workout Today – Ouch!

15 Jess February 27, 2013 at 11:33 pm

Bangs look awesome on you! They really frame your face well- cant wait to see a further back shot πŸ™‚ What did your hubs think? I find it’s best to brush down my bangs & dry them super quickly after getting out of shower- as soon as all dry, I quickly run a flat iron through. Good luck- and post more pics!

16 Meghann February 28, 2013 at 9:54 am

He didn’t even say anything about them until I asked what he thought! I’m not sure he even noticed something was different. πŸ™‚ He said he liked them. In his mind it’s just hair. πŸ™‚

17 Becky @ runfundone February 27, 2013 at 11:47 pm

I just got bangs a week and a half ago…it was pretty much a whim, except an extra crazy whim because I cut them myself. There were a few moments there when I panicked, thinking I had ruined my hair, but it all turned out okay in the end! Let me know what you figure out to do with them when you work out…I’m struggling with that!
Becky @ runfundone recently posted..Bangs!

18 Colleen February 28, 2013 at 12:43 am

So cute! I’ve had bangs like that since 2003, and I LOVE them! I’ve grown the rest of my hair very long (below the bra strap), cut it short like yours now, out into a rocker shag, long layers, etc. – but I ALWAYS keep the bangs. After a quick wash in the sink and 45 seconds with a hair dryer your hair can look very “finished”, even if you just throw it into a ponytail. Plus, I find bangs very sexy because they draw attention to your eyes. Good luck with the styling! Just remember that while they doooo get greasy/stringy a quick wash in the sink is your friend!

19 Krissy @ Shiawase Life February 28, 2013 at 9:45 am

Agree with this! My fave thing about bangs!

20 Angela February 28, 2013 at 1:16 am

Love the bangs! You look amazing!
Angela recently posted..The Bachelor [my thoughts]

21 Grazia February 28, 2013 at 4:46 am

You look good! Very stylish!
My hairdresser is trying to convince me to get bangs (I have naturally straight hair) but I’m so hesitant…

22 Emily @ Beachside Runner February 28, 2013 at 5:19 am

Love the bangs! I really need to get a haircut soon as mine is getting to that awkward grown-out layers look when it’s all the same length. Debating between cutting it short again but I’d like to grow it out. Decisions, decisions!
Emily @ Beachside Runner recently posted..Butternut Squash and Morning Workouts

23 Sara @my less serious life February 28, 2013 at 5:52 am

i love your bangs!!!

24 mary wise February 28, 2013 at 6:59 am

HI! I’m a long time reader, first time to comment and I must say that I love, love, love your hair!!! I wish I had the guts to do it and that I looked that good after!!!

25 Reenie February 28, 2013 at 7:36 am

Love the bangs.

26 Caitlin February 28, 2013 at 7:46 am

Your bangs are too cute!!!! I’ve always sported the side-bang and have gotten closer and closer to doing a full bang. They’re so in.

27 Heather @ HeatherRunsFast.wordpress.com February 28, 2013 at 7:49 am

The bangs look great! I got my hair colored a few years back and it was WAY too dark… I know it’s just hair, but I cried the whole drive home πŸ™
The meatloaf looks yummy! Bet it would be good in a lettuce wrap. Thanks for reminding me about parsnips. They have fallen off my radar lately!
Heather @ HeatherRunsFast.wordpress.com recently posted..Brace Yourself

28 Regina February 28, 2013 at 8:06 am

The bangs look GREAT on you! Especially with the bob πŸ™‚

29 [email protected] February 28, 2013 at 8:17 am

Looks great! I have long hair and every few years, I chop it all off into a bob. Makes my hair healthier and easier for a while. Then I kick myself and grow it all back out.

The Kidless Kronicles
[email protected] recently posted..Early and Chicken and Dumplings

30 Sarah @ Hungry and Healthy in Houston February 28, 2013 at 8:33 am

I’m DYING to get bangs! This is kind of crazy, but we’re getting married on March 23rd and leaving on a cruise the next day. I plan on getting them on the cruise ship!!!!!! I’m nervous, but it’s hair. It’ll grow back!

31 Samantha Angela February 28, 2013 at 8:37 am

The bangs look great!

32 Dori February 28, 2013 at 8:59 am

I JUST told a bunch of people last week that I’m really looking forward to getting bangs after my wedding!
Dori recently posted..FREE Revolve Class for DSB & Fitness NYC Readers

33 Rebecca February 28, 2013 at 9:18 am

LOVE the bangs and the bob! Adorable!

Let me know what sz curler you use to try to get those curls. I’ve been trying but have been unsuccessful getting that look (in your inspiration pic).

Thanks!

34 Mary Ann February 28, 2013 at 9:37 am

According to your blog, you only ate around 800 calories, and did a crossfit workout all in the same day. Do you not eat snacks anymore? This isn’t my idea of healthy, at all!

35 Meghann February 28, 2013 at 9:52 am

Yes, I had a pear Chobani w/ nuts and a crumbled BelVita biscuit before my haircut today. I just didn’t blog about it, you may have noticed I haven’t really been blogging all of my food lately. I also think your guesstimated 800 calorie count of breakfast, lunch, and dinner is a little low.

36 Paige February 28, 2013 at 12:20 pm

Personally, I like that your blog hasn’t been totally food related lately. I like the mix-up!

37 Mary Ann February 28, 2013 at 9:38 am

p.s. your hair does look cute like that!

38 Madi February 28, 2013 at 9:38 am

LOVE the bangs! I’m obsessed with them. I’ve had mine short and choppy, long and swoopy, and blunt straight across! I love them all, I think they add so much fun to a haircut! looks super cute!
Madi recently posted..A Wicked Workout

39 Natalie @ Free Range Human February 28, 2013 at 9:38 am

I love the bangs! They look great. I recently showed my husband a similar hairstyle, and it was amazing how fast the word “No” came out of his mouth so I guess no bangs for me πŸ™
Natalie @ Free Range Human recently posted..Pancakes For One

40 Angela February 28, 2013 at 9:46 am

Hair envy, for sure. Please post a pic curly! We all want to see!!! πŸ™‚

41 Sarah February 28, 2013 at 9:46 am

Your face is such a great shape for bangs and the look so good on you! Especially with the new, shorter cut, but I can see how cute they would be with longer hair too. Love it. =)

42 Anne February 28, 2013 at 9:47 am

CUTE!!!! I love it. And I want more bang pictures!!
Anne recently posted..February Sponsor Shout Out

43 Lauren @ Eat Like An Elephant February 28, 2013 at 9:56 am

I have long curly, yet thin hair and have to work up the courage to get a twice a year trim! I was scarred from a really bad hair cut experience right before my first day of high school. Yeah, scarred for life.
Lauren @ Eat Like An Elephant recently posted..What I Ate Wednesday: Mahi Mahi Edition

44 Megan February 28, 2013 at 10:02 am

I love your bangs! I got then back in The fall and haven’t regretted it at all! They are so much easier than I thought. They do take a little maintenance, but my hairdresser fits me in for free bang trims between haircuts. I bet yours will do the same!

45 Meghann February 28, 2013 at 10:04 am

Yes! She said they do free bang trimmings. I just have to call in the morning and they’ll see where they can squeeze in for a 5 minute trimming. I think that’s what really sold me on it. She recommended getting them trimmed every 2 weeks.

46 Nicole February 28, 2013 at 10:04 am

The bangs looks great!
Nicole recently posted..vegetarian challenge–day 4

47 Kat February 28, 2013 at 10:07 am

I dig the new look!
Kat recently posted..Princess Weekend: Race Recap

48 beka @ rebecca roams February 28, 2013 at 10:28 am

LOVE!!!

I cut my hair off (it was almost to my waist) into a super short pixy/inverted bob. I actually loved it! But I haven’t been able to find someone who can cut my hair as well since. πŸ™
beka @ rebecca roams recently posted..Playlist Thursday – The Man Show

49 Emily N February 28, 2013 at 10:55 am

LOVING the bangs on you! I get the desire for change for sure (I got bangs a few months back myself!)
Emily N recently posted..Keeping the Meltdown in Check

50 Stephanie @ happyhealthystephie February 28, 2013 at 11:25 am

Love the bangs!

51 jobo February 28, 2013 at 11:29 am

LOVE the hair! I may have just pinned it πŸ˜‰
jobo recently posted..Affirmations.

52 Meredith February 28, 2013 at 12:01 pm

The pancakes and meat loaf look delicious.I am definitely going to make that meatloaf for my son. He would love it!
Meredith recently posted..As Good as Godiva?

53 Danielle @ itsaharleyyylife February 28, 2013 at 1:02 pm

wow I loveeeee bangs! I used to have them growing up you know when it was cool not to have them like in high school haha. very cute!

54 [email protected] February 28, 2013 at 1:19 pm

The new do is gorgeous!! I’m going to try your meatloaf recipe….looks very tasty!
[email protected] recently posted..Veggies in the Morning with Veggie Pancakes!!

55 Julie Wunder February 28, 2013 at 2:53 pm

Cute bangs!! They bring out your eyes!
I never got over my bad middle school bangs– haha! Just think feathered and teased up in the air. ugh.

56 Emily February 28, 2013 at 2:57 pm

Cute! And I’m the same way about hair – if I don’t like it, it always grows back.

Your lunches always inspire me to do more with leftovers. I used to hate them, but now it’s almost a challenge to come up with the most random lunches with what’s in the tupperware!
Emily recently posted..The Privileged

57 PeachyLau February 28, 2013 at 6:47 pm

Bangs really suit you!
PeachyLau recently posted..The Perkin reveller: a very good restaurant by tower bridge

58 J March 1, 2013 at 4:49 am

you look fricking amazing!

59 Caroline April 11, 2013 at 11:24 am

This meatloaf sounds awesome! What kind of red pepper paste do you use? I’ve never bought any before, where do you find it in the grocery store? Thanks!